main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favre Retirement Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    He shouldn't be, but he usually is. Even after his 29 interception year in 2004 almost all of the media pundits put him somewhere on their "QB Top 10" lists. And I remember a couple years ago the Packers had a chance to tie a game, and Favre threw a pass about 5 yards passed the line of scrimmage and got a penalty. That was a rookie mistake. Everyone brushed it off as Brett Favre having "fun". How much "fun" has Brett Favre been having in his playoff starts since 2000? Was it five or six interceptions against the Rams in 2001? How about that game-costing prayer he threw up in OT against the Eagles? Three picks against the Vikings in 2004. He's cost the Packers playoff games and nobody seems to care. He's still getting a pass for a Super Bowl he won ten years ago.

2. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Huh, I've not seen that at all recently. I've heard more from his detractors (birds of the same feather and all) than the praise.

Personally, he should pack it in. He's past his prime. Long, long past. He probably should've retired after the Packers lost to the Broncos a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.