Fayetteville FanForce Government

Discussion in 'Fayetteville, NC' started by PreadoriteVong, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreadoriteVong Jedi Youngling

Here is my idea. We should have a government that is both purposeful and keep with the whole Star Wars tradition. I propose a Republic themed government set up as so:
    1) A person elected as Chancellor for our FanForce. He will act is the go between for us and TFN in terms of posting offical notices on the JC boards as well as take charge of meetings, votes, and PR issues.
    2) A Senate made up of 3 appointed members each in control of specific duties or resposibilities, ie treasurer, records and History clerk, ect. ect. These people will take the place of the Chancellor in his absence in terms of their positon. The Senate will also afford checks and balances on the Chancellors powers (we don't want an emperor)

Chancellor will be elected by means of a vote, while senators by appointment by the Chancellor. The Chancellor should hold his position for a term of no more than 1 year. At which time a new Chancellor will be elected. If for any reason the Chancellor is unable to fulfill his duties or "turns to the darkside" a magority vote by the senate will remove him from office with a choosen senator replacing him til such time a vote can be made for a new Chancellor.

2. DarthByApathy Jedi Youngling

I think this is a brilliant idea personally. Base it on the Republic, just make sure there is a seperation of powers, set it up as a democracy opposed to a monarchy which it eventually becomes. I want to be really careful with the govt. setup, it can end up ripping apart a group such as this.
  3. JediSilentBob Jedi Youngling

Greetings and Salutations my fellow force members! How is everyone! Werd up homey-g preadoritevong, shizzle to my nizzle, I say werd to your format you've come up with. Ohhhh erm, what up, hold on let me translate. Cool my fellow friend, what up to my homey. I agree with you on your format for the forum. I hopefully shall be attending the second meeting as I was off at work when the first one took place. I shall see everyone Saturday afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.