main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

.FBX motion data onto a Biped...?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by StevenBills, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Hello all, I have a quick question. I animated something in Endorphin, and then exported it as a .fbx. I then went into MAX and I need help applying it (the fbx file) to the Luke Skywalker that I'm trying to animate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Steven

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    3ds Max bipeds can't us the .fbx files for animation. In endorphin you need to export the animation as .bip .bvh or .csm I believe out of those three, endorphin can only export to .csm. So, open up your 3ds Max character file, select a part of the biped, click the Motion tab, go down to Motion Capture, then click open, change the File Type to .csm or whatever and find your file, then you can open that file and apply the animation to your biped.

3. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Endorphin CAN export to .bvh, so is the process the same?

4. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Yes, it should be.

5. mattio

mattio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    Hey guys,

In endorphin Ive rendered it out to a .bvh but how do you import it onto the character??? Ive tried what you've said but i cant find the motion capture bit that your talking about anywhere. Ive gone into the motion tab but can't find it anywhere. I see: Assign controller, Biped apps, Biped and motion flow but cant find motion control anywhere. Please help me, I have some really cool animations just want to put them on my mesh like i do with normal .bip's

6. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Select some part of the Biped, go to the Motion tab, scroll down and there is the Motion Capture gray bar, hit the plus to extend it, then there are all of the buttons, like load motion capture file.

7. mattio

Nov 5, 2005

thanks but i STILL cant find it anywhere, these were my steps... open .max - highlight all/unhide all - Press H and select all the ones saying BIP.... whatever. and thats it look at this picture its a screenshot

EDIT: dunno y the links arent working :S anyway...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/mattioTFN/help.jpg

8. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Get out of figure mode.

9. mattio

Nov 5, 2005
    thank you darthviper, it works, cheers!

10. stevend

stevend Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    Can u download already animated files for the biped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.