FCJK's Very Own R2 Unit

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, FL' started by DairNimiris, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    All right guys, so we have the R2 unit in the studio and as promised, once it is fixed, I'll have the studio donate it to First Coast Jedi Knights as their very own little R2DWhatever!

So now we just have to get it operational, which is where all of you guys come in.

I'm putting down next Saturday as a day for all of us to come together at the studio and analyse the robot and figure out what all modifications and repairs she will be needing and then if everyone cares to stick around, I'm pretty sure we can actually buckle down and get her looking good as new and working just as well by the end of the day! Now how is THAT for a big FCJK boost?

C'mon, guys! An R2 unit to take anywhere! And she'll swivvle her little head and light up her little eyes and everything! Just takes a little work.

So let's talk. Is Saturday good? And if not, what would work for you? Let's get this ball rolling!
  2. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I, of course, have to check the plans with the boss...
  3. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
    all for it. hooray an R2
    i vote we name it Are-Two-Dee-Exclamationpoint. woo R2-D! !
  4. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    In the movie, the droid's name is K-T but we can call it whatever we want outside of that :D R2-D! FOREVER! AND BEYOND! And, and Roll Out! And stuff.

Now I hate to be the one to cancel what I've set up here so I won't. But I have a wedding on Saturday for a close friend I grew up with.

So instead of canceling, let's just start later in the afternoon. I'll go straight from the reception. Can we do that, guys?
  5. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    What time are you thinking? Are we meeting at the studio or the Skytec building?
  6. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Well let's talk about that. what time and what location is good for everybody?
  7. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Later in the afternoon is defintely better for us. Thinking 2:00 and beyond.
  8. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    i good for anytime as well. My other half has to work so he is sadly out.
  10. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is he off Sat & Sun?

OH, and I got my army in! Woo Hoo!
  11. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
    and which saturday, this one or the 17th?
  12. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    This one. And I still need to know if the studio is the best place or if the regency office is better for everyone.
  13. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Regency Office works better for us. It's closer and it could keep the kids occupied :)

Chase is behind me and wants to make sure you have called Jeff because he doesn't check the board. Jeff will call Riqui if you tell him to and give him a ride if he can come.

Chase will tell Tobin once we get the when and where.
  14. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I spoke with Jeff. He already knows about the event and we talked about the schedules. I'll have him call Riqui.

I ran into a pretty big problem today, found out the wedding is at 4:00pm and not earlier in the day as any conventional wedding would be. So Saturday is pretty much gone for me. I can do Sunday and have the R2 unit up at the Regency office by 12:00 noon.

So now the question is, can everyone do Sunday afternoon instead of Saturday?
  15. Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wont be able to make it sunday..due to the fact that i am going to be in SC for one of my best friends from college Funeral.
  16. jmknet1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    R we still doing this today? .. and what time.
  17. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    All right. It was a late call, and that's a fault on me.

Can we shoot for next weekend? If so, what day, what time and what location would we like to be at?
  18. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can tell ya that Saturday will be out for the Irish family laddie ;)
  19. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    But of course! Heck, I'm not even Irish and I plan on getting plastered early. [face_good_luck]

I've spoken with Travis. Looks like Sunday around 8:00-ish is best for him. If nothing else it can be me meeting with him to look over the R2 unit and see what it needs.

By the way, guys, there's been a lot of progress up at the studio. TONS of sets have been completed and the place looks phenominal. Feel free to check it out whenever you want :)

Also more pictures have been posted in the media section of the website. www.sandrimarising.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.