main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FCPX

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Django211, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    You missed the point. There is no "wrong" in this industry. If it works, it works. That's something I love about it all. You can disagree with someone else's workflow all you want, but you can't disagree with the end product. Sit down, shut up, and do it your way on your projects.

2. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    To each their own. If you want to work the hard way rather than the easy way that gets the same result in 1/10th the time, that's your right, and it's mine to call you stupid for it.

3. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Seems that Apple is targeting prosumers, not professionals with this. That being said, the bulk of their audience can't afford (or simply don't have) a tapeless flow yet. I love tapeless flow as much as anyone....I **HATE** watching/waiting for footage to import off of the tape to be digital. For this product, it's going to alienate those wanting something newer, but cannot work tapeless yet. There are other products that can simply do the import to use into the FCPX workflow...but if you're going that route, I'd recommend having software to capture from tape & edit all in 1. The general amateur filmmaker, even on these forums, are still rockin' tape-based SD/HD cams. If you've made the tape-less switch, then maybe this software is good for you, but I think it's still a bad move on their part to exclude that.

SIDE NOTE: Working in the UNIX/Linux/Cellular world for 15yrs I can tell you that all of the big 3 Cellular companies in the US continue to and will most likely continue for many years, still at some point, write backups to tape archives simply because the tapes they're using are more reliable than the hard drives being used. Using tape in this manner doesn't impair the speed of your workflow, just adds another point of solid backup for protecting your data beyond the RAID arrays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.