main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fear and Fame (AU, ANH, OCs and The Emperor Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darthhelinith, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    This was orginally written for the 2009 contest between the New Jedi Trials and The Acolytes of Darkness on the SWC board which occured a while back, although it was never published.

The upcomming Empire vs. Alliance competition reminded me of it's existance, and after a little more work, it has finally been finnished to a respectable standard, although I'm not completely happy with it.
    These were the criteria, as posted by Sey:
    1) Your entry must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 2,500 words.
    2) Your entry must be in a single post, and you cannot edit that post
    3) Your entry must be posted on or before Tuesday, August 17th.
    4) Your entry must adhere to the following prompt:

The prompt must start with "Let me tell you about the time I went on vacation with the cast from Episode I..."

Here is my response for the Acolytes of Darkness, entitled "Fear and Fame".
    Enjoy!

[b][u]Fear and Fame[/u][/b]

"Let me tell you about the time I went on vacation with the cast from Episode I..."

Lucan looked down disapprovingly at the small holographic image in his palm.
    ?You are drunk.?
    ?And you are most annoyingly sober.? replied his youngest daughter, who was swaying slightly in and out of the viewer?s range.
    ?But did I tell you? About the time-?
    ?I?m coming to collect you before you make a fool of yourself.?
    ?I can?t do that, Father. I?m already a fool? I?I-?
    ?Where are you Maddie?? interrupted her father, ignoring her last statement.
    Lucan watched horrified as his daughter appeared to sit down among a pile of small waste disposal units, resting her arms on the smallest in the very familiar pose of Lucan?s employer.
    ?Approach me, puny mortals! Behold my evil cackle and lose your minds!?
    ?Stay there.?
    Lucian had glimpsed enough of the surrounding alley to know where she was- not at all that far from home. But he had to get to her before planet side security did. Maddie could easily be thought of as a threat in this sort of situation and her current statements, if overheard, could well ensure a one way trip to the detention centre. However intoxicated she was, any such comments would still be filed under treason.

His speeder sat on the platform waiting for him and Lucan climbed in, quickly preparing for take off- and the small craft shot into the sky with little noise.
    It was last season?s model- his job as a Sectary in the Imperial Palace allowing for a few technological luxuries.
    Speeding through traffic lanes, he considered how he had come into this sort of mess.
    His first 3 daughters had all grown up, and left home- the eldest was a leading technician for Cronocraft Industries, his second was married, and his third in University.
    Maddie had been born just a few years before his wife had died and she had lacked any real motherly influences in her later years. Lucan suspected that he had let her run a bit wild and having dropped out of school at the earliest opportunity, she was now the life and soul of any respectable party (and quite a few not so respectable ones too). All funded entirely on what he gave her as a monthly allowance, of course, and what else she could wheedle off him.

Lucan pulled his speeder down onto the middle levels, searching for the Burger Bar whose alley his youngest daughter was currently ruling over- lost in her drunken world.
    Lucan himself was quite happy with his position as one of the Emperor?s Sectaries.
    Granted, it could be a little dangerous at times, but the sort of paperwork he had to file every day was almost mundane in comparison as his former position in The Black Sun as a financial adviser.
    And Maddie had almost lost him his comfortable job several times before. He wasn?t even sure why he was sticking out his neck for her once again.

Maybe because he loved her as a daughter- and however wild her antics, she was the single daughter who looked most like his deceased wife. He missed his wife every single day with a dull burning ache whenever he slipped into bed at night after a long day in the palace- where she would have once kissed him and hugged him as he told her how hi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.