main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

1. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Title: Fear and Love
    Author: pregnantpadme
    Characters: Tahiri Veila, Jacen Solo, Jag Fel, Cem Fel, Tenel Ka, Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Jysella Horn, Skywalkers, Fels, The Jedi, and more OC's than you can shake a glimmer stick at.
    Time: Post TUF AU...10 years after the war
    Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst, Politics, Death, Tragedy, Really, Really Long... Song-fic?
    Summary: What do our young heroes, traumatized by a brutal war, do in their off time? Engage in a lot of 'PG-13' 'lovin'! Set to the back drop of galactic political intrigue.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing...

Chapter 1, Part 1 new edit posted 1/7/10
    Chapter 1, Part 2 new edit posted 1/7/10
    Chapter 1, Part 3 new edit posted 1/7/10
    Chapter 1, Part 4 new edit posted 1/8/10
    Chapter 1, Part 5 new edit posted 1/10/10
    Interlude #1, Part 1 new edit posted 1/12/10
    Interlude #1, Part 2 new edit posted 1/12/10
    Chapter 2, Part 1 new edit posted 1/12/10
    Chapter 2, Part 2 new edit posted 1/12/10
    Chapter 2, Part 3 new edit posted 1/12/10
    Chapter 2, Part 4
    Chapter 2, Part 5
    Chapter 2, Part 6
    Interlude #2, Part 1
    Interlude #2, Part 2
    Interlude #2, Part 3
    Chapter 3, Part 1
    Chapter 3, Part 2
    Chapter 3, Part 3
    Chapter 3, Part 4
    Chapter 3, Part 5
    Interlude #3, Part 1
    Interlude #3, Part 2
    Interlude #3, Part 3
    Chapter 4, Part 1
    Chapter 4, Part 2
    Chapter 4, Part 3
    Chapter 4, Part 4
    Chapter 4, Part 5
    Chapter 4, Part 6

Original Author?s Note, or: why I ever bothered to start this monstrosity to begin with:

I have two main reasons for writing this story. First, I feel that one of the biggest crimes in SW profic is the lack of emotional development, or experience in my favorite characters. It?s as though profic writers are given a character summary from the YJK and JJK years

2. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *steals first reply*

Now I need to go back and read. :)

Okay, back with my review....

[face_dancing][face_dancing]

She posted, she posted!!

First, my response to your author notes:

[face_laugh]

So true, and soo annoying. I'm glad you're going to develop these characters that have so much potential that profic authors just waste.

I'm really glad you're tackling this subject. It's always annoyed me that a lot of fanfic writers tend to overlook the emotional fallout of the Myrkyr mission. All these kids were so young, and they were faced with a lot of brutality, carnage, and betrayal. How do they wake up in the mornings afterwards? Denning did a great job with it in Dark Nest, and I'm glad that you are also taking a look into what has to be one of the greatest psychological introspections in the Star Wars universe.

All My Jedi...I love it!

[:D] Thank YOU, Feefi. Corresponding with you has made my own writings better, and I'm glad that I found someone who shares my passion in delving into the minds of these characters honestly without making Mary Sues out of them. And as for blaming me...

:p Bring it on. For a piece of work that is going to kick ass, I'd be proud to be blamed. ;)

Okay, the story:

I love this description of Kyp. It's so true. Of course he can't have a simple problem. That would make things too easy for him.

Makes me think he's about to face a rancor.

Though women are always worse.

Okay, scratch what I said that past two times. An angry female Horn/Terrik...worse than a rancor.

Great description of Jysella!!!

She's a cool one...hmm, clearly she doesn't get it from her father or mother...I'll place my bets with a dead relative.

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Preggers, you go girl! Glad to see you've finally posted those niggling plot bunnies. You have always been one of the most astute readers, I am sure it will spill over to your writing. I've given this a quick read and am intrigued. Thank you for the kind words. [:D]

I'll be back with more thoughts later. Any confirmed posting schedule or did I miss that part?

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Ooooo... muy intriguing.

Jysella & Kyp? He certainly has an eye for the young ones.

Love Jacen and Valin's "TK practice".

Totally confused about Tahiri leaving the Order and dating a Tarkin. Please tell me he doesn't look like a rotting corpse like his grandfather did.

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey, preggers, long time no see. :D

Wow...this is...wow. You're really good. Very, very intense...it looks like everybody has lots of problems.

I'm addicted already, and I identify with your rant at the beginning. ;) You have some very valid points. This is incredibly different, in a Thrawn_McEwok, YodaKenobi sort of way (it shouldn't work but it does).

And at this point, the only thing that's keeping me from instantly becoming a Kyp/Jysella 'shipper is twenty year age difference. [face_laugh][face_devil] Though since this is fiction, I may be willing to disregard even that... [face_devil]

Jacen, sweetheart, what are you up to? Am I reading too much into this, or is Jacen married to Tenel Ka, Tahiri's married (or with) Tarkin's grandson (which is ridiculously crazy), and Jacen's in love with Tahiri? :confused: Tahiri left the Order? Can't wait to hear the story behind that one; it oughta be good!

Anyways, I'm barely awake, so I'm not real sure any of that was coherent, but just be assured that I'm completely into this, I'm loving every minute of this, it's very well written, and that all I want to know is...

Is it too soon to ask for more?

(Haven't you waited all your time on the 'boards to hear that? :p)

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry; I have to add more. The more I think about it, the more I have to ask: why does the Force hate Kyp so much? Poor lonely guy and they keep dangling these girls who are too young for him in front of his face? I know the guy blew up a planet, but can't someone give him a break? After the life he's loved, he deserves a little happiness.

Aw, but I know I'm gonna enjoy this story... :D And nobody loves angst the way I do. [face_laugh]

Anyways, that's all for now (unless I think of something else that needs to be said ;)).

7. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Dammit, I didn't get first post. I'm as late as Jacen Solo's emotional development, and twice as ugly.

::Fumes::

But I'm only angry because I'm so ecstatically happy ([face_dancing]) that you're posting a story! If I weren't so exhausted tonight, I would do a line-by-line, but I promise I will give a better response than just this. And it will fit right about...

EDIT: Okay, screw it, I'm replying now. I got a surge of adrenaline when I was about to click the little x thingy at the top right of the screen, and I'm gonna ride it as far as it'll go. So there.

Luke Skywalker sat at his desk with his head in his hands.

Why was it, the Jedi Master and galactic hero wondered, that Kyp Durron never had a simple problem?

The question we've all been asking since his creation as a character.... Maybe his problems are all complex because he's a jacked up mess of a human being? And sonofanErelas, if he isn't hot on top of it all. My oh my, the feminine "I want to help him" hormonal urges are starting to be a little too much.

Jysella Horn was a walking greatest hits of the Terrik and Horn lines.

[face_love]

She sat in the chair ramrod straight and looked Luke in the eye. He was beginning to feel for Kyp. Luke got a clear sense that this�woman was a force to be reckoned with and she hadn�t even done anything yet.

Horn + Terrik = Forcetobereckonedwith^4

The only indication Luke caught that Jysella was bothered by this information was the length of time it took her to respond, roughly four seconds. Had Kyp not spent the last hour explaining what they would be up against or how quick and clever Jysella was, or her absolute refusal thus far to see reason, he probably would have missed that sign.

So, the quick and clever part comes from Mirax, and the refusal to see reason from Corran? Sounds right to me.

For the first time letting go of her cool demeanor, Jysella nearly yelled, ââ?¬Å?Of course I do, this is my life.ââ?¬Â�

Her father through and through. "Don't tell me what I do or don't need, Luke. It's my life, I'm doing it all my way." Or something like that.

Turning to acknowledge him for the first time, Jysella continued. ââ?¬Å?Despite the way you are acting, I am not a child. I am fully aware of the ramifications of this situation, which is why I waited until I was of legal age to share my feelings with you.ââ?¬Â� Her voice lost a little of its edge, ââ?¬Å?I had really hoped we could work this out on our own.ââ?¬Â�

Kyp took a deep calming breath, ââ?¬Å?Jella, there is nothing to work out. There canââ?¬â?¢t be. I am twenty years older than you. You are my apprentice. This is Sithly unethical and if anyone finds out about thisââ?¬Â¦what reputation I have managed to rehabilitate in the last ten years will be ruined, despite the fact that I havenââ?¬â?¢t allowed anything to happen.ââ?¬Â�

Squicky. I feel sad for Kyp. Nobody likes him except teenaged girls, which adds "creepy old bachelor" to the list of insults people can hurl at him. And it's not even really all his fault for once.

Jysella glared at Luke for another moment before turning her attention back Kyp.

ââ?¬Å?I guess I was wrong to think that you were mature enough to handle this like an adult.ââ?¬Â� Then, more gently, ââ?¬Å?All I want, all Iââ?¬â?¢ve ever wanted, is for you to acknowledge my feelings and stop telling me that Iââ?¬â?¢m imagining them, or that they will go away, or that I donââ?¬â?¢t know whatââ?¬â?¢s best for me. Do you hold me in such low regard that you felt this was the right way to do this?ââ?¬Â�

Ouch. She's ruthless. Though her comment about Kyp not being mature enough to handle the situation like an adult makes me [face_laugh].

Jysella glared at Luke and then at Kyp and stormed out of the room.

When the silence was about to become unbearable Luke said, ââ?¬Å?Charming girl.ââ?¬Â�

Kyp gave Luke an indignant look before replying, ââ?¬Å?

8. TrillianTK

TrillianTK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    First off, I've been waiting for this with much anticipation. I can't wait to see what you do with all of the plot bunnies you and Inara are trying to tackle. Now, onto the real reply:

Jysella Horn was a walking greatest hits of the Terrik and Horn lines.

I laughed so hard at this sentence, and I'm not quite sure why. Jysella sounds very amusing though, and I love how you're using underdeveloped minor characters.

?Yes, Master. Do you want the blonde or the redhead??

Without hesitation Jacen answered, ?Definitely the blonde.?

o_O

I shall continue to watch this with great interest, *evil cackle*

Edit: No real reason, just wanted to change some stuff.

9. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Yaaaaaay Preggers!

I totally love your beginning - it's going to be wonderful, I just know it! I love the idea of a Kyp/Jysella pairing, I don't believe that is one that I've read yet! Way to be original =D=

?I guess I was wrong to think that you were mature enough to handle this like an adult.? Then, more gently, ?All I want, all I?ve ever wanted, is for you to acknowledge my feelings and stop telling me that I?m imagining them, or that they will go away, or that I don?t know what?s best for me. Do you hold me in such low regard that you felt this was the right way to do this?? =D= I like your Jysella already!

?Nothing physical. Which somehow is making me feel worse. I have a deep and genuine bond with her. This would be bliss, a true gift from the Force if she were twenty years older.? [face_mischief] Fantastic. I'm seeing potentially trouble and angst (don't take too many lessons from our dear Inara but hopefully some sneaky romance...hehe....

?Yeah, and she has quite an imagination for a 19 year old. It?s been a rough year.?

Luke blanched. ?A year??

?She told me she loved me when she came out of bacta on Nal Hutta. I figured she was delirious or just emotional after coming so close to dying. I admit, I was emotional when she came out too?I almost lost her. But I didn?t realize when she started professing her love that she meant that kind of love. Finally, several weeks later, we were alone again on another assignment and she tried to seduce me. I spent so much time and energy trying to talk sense into her that I didn?t realize for quite some time that I was in love with her too.?
    [face_love] Yep, definite angst & romance coming[face_mischief] ...or so I hope...

?Yes, Master. Do you want the blonde or the redhead??

Without hesitation Jacen answered, ?Definitely the blonde.?
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Haaah I love Valin and Jacen!!

They referred to it as ?TK training?, or ?picking things up with the Force? but Tahiri was one of the few who knew that the only things Valin was interested in picking up were ale tankards and women. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ROTF!!!!!! He's a Rogue at heart...

Giggling, Tahiri took a step backward, and, pulling Huf by the hand said, ?Come on Governor Tarkin, we have guests to entertain.? :eek: A Tarkin? Heh. Woah. Good call!

Like I said, an excellent start. I will most definitely be following this story avidly - and thanks for the PM! Life's been kinda hectic...you have, however, reminded and inspired me to finish my J/TK shortie that I have floating out there... :)

=D= I'm so glad you got to posting this!

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey Preggers! :D

Great to see you posting! ;) Looks like those bunnies finally grabbed hold and wouldn't let go. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing how things develop from here. [face_thinking]

And thanks for the mention in your introductory notes. I'm very flattered. [face_blush]

11. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Great start. Can't wait to see the other characters in here.

Poor Kyp, nice idea with Kyp and Jysella though. And good conversation between Luke and Kyp, great humor. :D

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh, and I'm back again, but not to talk to you, preggers, at least this time. :p

That's actually kind of sad. I never believed I could feel so... so sympathetic to Kyp. I swear, you, TKL, and JJD are trying to convert me or something. Of course I'm trying to convert you, TheCrazyRodian! What gave it away? And yes, there is currently a board-wide conspiracy called Convert TheCrazyRodian to the Kyp Side Conspiracy. Yeah. So you might as well just give up now. :p You have no chance. ;)

Sorry for taking up space, preggers, but you know I couldn't let that one go. ;)

13. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I feel the need to post again...(no, of course I'm not spamming...O:))

I love Kyp Durron, and I have to agree with JJD and Rodi. Thanks so much for using him!!! Thank you especially for not pairing him with Jaina. That's a good ship too, one that I'm actually quite fond of, but I like to see some variety in Kyp Durron pairings, and I'm curious to see how Kyp and Jysella play out. In fact, I think this is my fave part of this story, as I've told you like a billion times.

I'm dying to see how CORRAN and Kyp play out. BOOSTER and Kyp. Oh, the fireworks, the anger, the angst, the hot romance...Feefi, you make me [face_dancing].

14. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Hhhhmm this place is familiar... [face_thinking] it's all coming back to me now! Hey, thanks for the thanks, I think. [face_laugh]

Preggers, you did it, you did it, you did it, you did it, you did it, you did it *does little happy chair dance*. It is so nice to read this with that lovely peach band down the left side, 'cause that means it.is.up! I am so happy for you, congrats.

I love it already; the Tarkin twist, Jacen as Valin's master and dating game host, Jysella's Horn-iness, and poor, sweet, lovable Kypper *waves, I'm not a teenager, over here, hello* and that Tahiri's seems to have Jacen's number.

My favorite lines:
    what reputation I have managed to rehabilitate in the last ten years will be ruined,

Kyp gave Luke an indignant look before replying, ?This from the man who married Mara Jade.?

?Whose father is going to dismember me.?

?You two up to your old tricks?? Tahiri said as she drew up next to Jacen. ?I see that as usual, you?re making him do all the work.?

Do you have news for your old friends Tahiri??

?Come on Governor Tarkin, we have guests to entertain.?
    ------ WHAM!

AWESOME!! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, fracking DRL.

I can't wait to see where this goes...

'night
    JaY

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Well, well, well... I didn't see that coming...

More later when I read more then introduction which was like a fic itself :p

16. KKruhks_Hat

KKruhks_Hat Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2005
    pp: :D *grins* :cool:

K/Jy?! You finally found Kyp the jailbait of his dreams. Hillarious, funny and human, and garnished with a far healthier, more intimate Luke Skywalker than we see so often...

*hic*

Jacen behaving irresponsibly? If this is the effect Val has on him, Kyp needs to start making babies with Jy as soon as possible, so they can give Horn kids as padawaans to everyone!! Agan, a pleasure to see

Tahiri Veila [face_love] Huf Tarkin?! :eek:

Given how twisted and relishable the rest of what we've seen in this 'fic so far is, I wouldn't put it beyond you to bat that one straight - or at least, as *almost* straight as you could in a 'fic like this...

Great stuff, and looking forward to seeing it go on from here... :)

- The Imperial Ewok

EDIT: whoops, I posted this using a sock... or hat... or wok... or whatever this screen-name is... [face_worried] :p

17. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    preggers!! [:D] [:D]

Only had time just to skim this - gotta go get the little terror up and ready to go to daycare. But I just wanted to post a quick note to let you know that I love what I see so far and can't wait to read it all! :D

[:D] [:D]

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Interesting start. TK's coming, isn't she?

19. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    And yes, there is currently a board-wide conspiracy called Convert TheCrazyRodian to the Kyp Side Conspiracy. Yeah. So you might as well just give up now. You have no chance.

You'll never take me alive!

::Runs off to read the JAT and the first part of the NJO to incite his Kyp-anger::

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really like this!=D=

Kyp gave Luke an indignant look before replying, ?This from the man who married Mara Jade.?
    LOL! Touche'!

Kyp?I have never had to deal with this. I am totally out of my element. Dark side powers?human hating aliens?hostile Imperials?any of those things I could help you with. But a romantic entanglement with an apprentice twenty years younger??
    I loved this part! I agree Luke isn't the greatest person to ask for advice in these areas...although he did date someone who was at least 30 years older than him *cough cough Callista*!

I can't wait for more!

21. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

O miss feefi, you have shocked me. What an interesting piece! WOW!

I am very interested in this whole 'non-saving-the-world' thing. O yes, let's se what these people do on their days off...probably think about killing themselves until another mission comes up.

Kyp/JYSELLA?!?!?!?!? *dies of shock*

Wow. Kyp's really gotta stop the cradle-robbing stuff, it's gettin' OLD. (hee)

Overall, I love the tone of this, your writing is clear and really funny at times, and this looks EPIC. Right up my alley.

I apologize for not responding last night, I had lots of things to do and lots of things distracting me. I don't think I would have done well trying to read. So yay for clear thoughts today!

AWESOME job, my friend, you have nothing to be nervous about.

~Tris

22. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Kyp and Jysella!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: He could be her GRANDPA for GODSAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH is he thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he a perv or something?

Corran needs to kill him [face_devil] CORRAN!!!!! CORRAN!!!! CORRAN!!!! =D=

Hehehe [face_devil]

EDIT: This was suppose to be EDIT for my earlier post :rolleyes:

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    You'll never take me alive!

::Runs off to read the JAT and the first part of the NJO to incite his Kyp-anger::

Oh, just go ahead and admit it, Rodi. We've got you halfway there already. If you're having to go back and reread to find things you don't like about him, you're further gone than you want to admit. :p

Oh, and if you're really wanting to reread things, I suggest Legacy again, or anything in my bio, or anything at all by SaberBlade. ;)

Oh, and preggers: An up, just because this is my new favorite fic! :D

[EDIT] Oh, and Chimpo, no dissing the Kypster. And I don't want to hear you mention the C-word again. :p

24. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Mine too!!!!

[face_dancing][face_dancing]

Feefi, this is my FIRST favorite fic on these boards as I've never been into any one story as much as I am into yours (though tecnically, I've only read one official post of yours...but that's a minor detail).

Do you know how special you are??? [:D]

Now I have a place to post all my craziness.

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    C-word? What C-word? ;)

And I'm not dissing Kypster but you know it's like 30 years of difference there!!!!

Corran will be pissed :p