main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

1. summerdaisy

summerdaisy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi Feefi:) Remember me from Inara's fics?

I'm glad to you see you post a fic. Judging from your reviews of AHP and FNM (which inspired even lazy me to try my hand at the line-by-line analysis), I knew even before I started reading this that Fear and Love would be good. Last night, Inara and I were talking about this fic online, and we both think that this story is quite a gem.

The parts I liked:

Jysella and Kyp

I love the dynamics of their master/padawan relationship. Unlike a lot of people, I'm not really that disturbed by the age gap (I see it a lot - you wouldn't believe how many doctors marry women a lot younger than them, and the relationships are really sincere for the most part). So I came into your fic without any reservations of that sort, which probably enabled me to really fall in love with them.

Opposite gender master/padawan relationships are complicated, and I think it's only natural for attraction and idolization to occur from the apprentice. On a daily basis, they are exposed to their attractive, single masters, who perform admirable and brave feats on a daily basis. Of course there's going to be some feelings.

So here's my question: does Jysella really love Kyp? Or is Kyp right, that what she's feeling is some sort of extended infatuation? The POV wasn't from her perspective, so I couldn't tell. If that is the case, then I feel really bad for Kyp because he fell in love with her.

I just want to address Kyp falling for younger women time and again (okay, so twice). Again, maybe cause I see it a lot, but Kyp doesn't really have that many women his own age to develop romantic relations. He's a Jedi Master who is always on the move, and Kyp doesn't strike me as the type to marry a non-Jedi since so much of what he does (and is notorious for) involves the Force. So he really needs someone to understand him as a Force user.

Kyp's at that age where everyone is either younger or older than he is. And everyone is married or involved anyway. So I think it's only natural that during the war, when he spent so much time with Jaina, he was attracted to her. And why shouldn't he be? She's an attractive single woman and he's an attractive single man with a healthy libido.

Kyp is no Obi-wan, that's for sure.

And ultimately, he didn't pursue anything with Jaina. So I don't get why people call him a cradle robber. And Jaina was about to marry Isolder anyway, so maybe she likes older men. A lot of women do.

Okay, back on topic.

The relationship between Jysella and Kyp is really cute. She's mouthy, and he's exasperated - sounds just right. Plus, I loved his nickname for her. I missed it the first time, but Inara pointed it out to me. Jella [face_love]

I also loved the relationship between Luke and Kyp. Their conversation was depressing but mixed in with some humor that lightened an otherwise grave situation. Luke is understanding both sides of the story, and he's trying his hardest to make things better for everyone.

The fear of Corran and Booster was great as well. Scary thought what might happen if those two found out.

I can't wait to read more about this couple!!

Jacen and Tahiri

Valin and Jacen picking up women was absolutely fabulous. It's great when Jedi have a sense of humor about these things and that they don't go all monk like but enjoy flirting and picking up women in bars.

I am guessing that Jacen has feelings for Tahiri. He seemed pretty turned off by Huf, and he doesn't seem to be the type of guy who would feel so strongly about an ex-Imperial (wait...I take that back. Look how he's mooning over Erelas).

I was shocked along with everybody else about Tahiri leaving the jedi order. Wow. I never thought that would happen, so I'm really looking forward to an explanation telling us why she did that.

And of course, my jaw hit the ground when I read "Governor Tarkin." Do you and Inara plot to be evil? :p

I'm riveted and can't waited for the next post!

2. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    To all of you who have read and posted already:

I can not thank you enough. The time you all put into reading this and sharing your thoughts has really flattered me and put the biggest smile on my face all day. Here are replies. Though I know there are a couple of you that were replying while I was completing my mark up codes and I will respond to your replies after I'm home from this damn dinner party I have to go to.

Fee

Inara
    Dahl!

*steals first reply*
    sort of had an unfair advantage due to the fact that you were cyber-holding my hand as I got up the nerve to actually do this.

I'm glad you're going to develop these characters that have so much potential that profic authors just waste
    Isn?t the very purpose of fan fic to see realized that which we didn?t get in profic?

It's always annoyed me that a lot of fanfic writers tend to overlook the emotional fallout of the Myrkyr mission
    Clearly not everyone feels it?s a deficit?which just leaves a lot of fertile ground for me to till.

All these kids were so young, and they were faced with a lot of brutality, carnage, and betrayal. How do they wake up in the mornings afterwards?
    With really interesting ?companions??
    [face_whistling]

All My Jedi...I love it!
    Curtsies

Thank YOU, Feefi? For a piece of work that is going to kick ass, I'd be proud to be blamed.
    Everyone else?please excuse us while Inara and I engage in a little mutual adoration!

Of course he can't have a simple problem. That would make things too easy for him.
    What is it about Kyp that makes us all want to see him humbled and then squeeze him until he?s better?

An angry female Horn/Terrik...worse than a rancor.
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. But wouldn?t a killer of worlds need a kick ass woman to keep him in line? I wonder what will happen between them?
    [face_whistling]

Great description of Jysella!!!
    I?m glad you liked it!

She's a cool one...hmm, clearly she doesn't get it from her father or mother...I'll place my bets with a dead relative.
    Yikes?I?d not even thought about the dead ones?maybe I should read I, Jedi again before tackling the next Kyp and Jella installment?
    [face_thinking]

Ahh Kyp, where would we be without your trademark selfishness
    Alone with Jysella?

...but you do have a point. It is your life, and if your apprentice has the hots for you, I can't blame you for wanting to have her reassigned.
    especially has it is?apparently?coming on the heels of him finding some maturity.

Clearly Luke agrees.
    I just love the concept of Luke having to deal with these kinds of issues in between galactic invasions and Dark Side dithering?

Wow, this was really mature of her just now. She's not even asking for him to love her back, but just for her to stop telling her that her feelings are fake. In fact, she's asking Kyp to treat her like an adult.
    Exactly?and she?ll probably be asking that of a few other people in the weeks ahead.

I like the summation of Kyp's problems here. It really can't get any worse for him. It's worse than it might have been with Jaina. Jysella is younger, and her family is even more volatile.
    Part of what inspired me to exam the possibility of this ?ship.

Can't wait to see what Corran will say.
    guess I should get to work on that?

If I could send mental prompts and had a hottie like Kyp as my master, you can bet I'd be doing the same thing.
    It has always seemed to me that the Jedi are a sophisticated group of young adults. They were put in very grown up situations at young ages and I imagine that would bleed over into other aspects of their lives. The question is then; do they have the psychological sophistication required to successfully navigate those things?

This is so sad here because Kyp was really trying to do the right thing
    Ironic isn?t it? But again?who is he trying to do the right thing for?

He doesn't want to love J

3. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I really like your Kyp here. I agree that it's always complicated with him.

As far as Jysella, the age gap isn't a problem for me. I'm not liking her at this point though. It's just the way she was with him in front of Luke. I'll figure out if I like her with Kyp later on when you give us the background on how they came to be, especially the seduction part which ought to be interesting.

IMO there's always going to be some sort of infatuation between female/male Masters/Apprentices. It can't be helped. Does she really love him? Being a Kyp fan I'd say yes because he's loveable. Is it a fatal attraction kind of love? I'd be interested in seeing.

Tahiri left the order? I too am baffled and can't wait to see why.

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    What is it about Kyp that makes us all want to see him humbled and then squeeze him until he?s better? Uh...maybe because he's the sexiest man ever...maybe even surpassing Jacen... [face_devil][face_love];)

Exactly the point I was trying to make. But wouldn?t a killer of worlds need a kick ass woman to keep him in line? I wonder what will happen between them? Oh, definitely he does. Which is the reason I ship him and Jaina--because she's the only one with enough backbone to stand up to him. I've never seen anyone else who can hold her own against him...until Jysella... :p But really, he definitely needs a spitfire. He'd be bored with anyone else.

again everyone?excuse Inara and me while we engage in our current favorite combined pastime: Talking about Hot Horny Jacen Soho? Oooh! Me! Me! I want to join! [face_love][face_love][face_love]

My first ever speculative response!!!!!
    Too bad I?m not given up the goods on any of that right now.
    Well, you know that I'm the biggest Jacen/Tahiri 'shipper of all times, so you know what I want to see... [face_devil]

Never apologize! I?m a response whore and will never get enough. Uh-oh...you've unleashed a monster...[face_whistling]

I know the guy blew up a planet, but can't someone give him a break? After the life he's loved, he deserves a little happiness.
    Yes, he does?but does Kyp know that?
    That's probably 3/4 of his problem. He just doesn't think he's worthy of any sort of love at all. Which is why he needs a spitfire, someone who'll say, "You idiot, quit feeling sorry for yourself! Can't you see I love you? Get over yourself!"

Oh trust me?this will basically be a sexual tension fest with a little plot thrown in to keep the mods happy YAY! :D Awesomeness.

I?d actually like to go on record now as saying I love ?spam? and if readers are talking about something that is even only remotely inspired by my story I love it! So you just spam and chat to your little hearts content. You realize that I will take advantage of that statement. Not only do I love this fic, but I'm also avoiding studying for German when at all possible...which means lots of time on the boards. You're gonna get sick of seeing me. ;)

Thanks for your reply!

5. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I [face_love] Jysella Horn.

More to this reply when I have time. Or, rather, when I don't really have time but cut into schoolwork to reply anyway.

6. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    OK some PamSpam, you know you want it....

What do psychologically damaged galactic heroes do during their down time?
    I told you, remember.... Jedi Chef Jacen Solo?

Well, we angst junkies are sort of glad it doesn?t.
    Here, here!

Jaynasolofel isn't a teenage girl...
    That's right and I am not picky; I'll take Kyp, Jacen, JAGGED, Valin *hmm wonders if anyone paired Valin & Jaina-must.find.* and you did say Huf wasn't rotting yet right?

Oh trust me?this will basically be a sexual tension fest with a little plot thrown in to keep the mods happy
    :oops:

Wow! Jella?s a hit. And to think?she almost got the ax! Thank Jaynasolofel and Inara for talking me into keeping her.
    "It's not my fault!" [face_batting]

As Darth Toddler would say ?creep me out, Momma?
    Hugs DT and SS!

You deserve it
    Awww, thanks for the thanks for the thanks! [:D]

were we this excited for each other when we had the last babies?
    Yah, well 25 hours of dial-a-contraction and weeks of no sleep will do that to you.

Excuse me! She?s not just ?Horn-y? she?s in lurv?
    Sure, she was planting nice flowery thoughts of "luv" and PG-13 kissing in his mind - OTAY!

He?s really racking up the sympathy vote here.
    Kinda makes you forget he blew up an entire planet.

The consensus seems to be that she has something of Jacen?s
    I wonder what it is.

*waves* OOO-OOOO I know what it is.... one of his 4-star souffles?!! Saber cut nerf steaks?

"You must end with this.? And I don?t think it was a suggestion.
    If only the Jedi mind tricks would work on hubbie! Seriously, thanks for that.

Do you really think Corran wants to make Jysella angry?
    I tend to think Jella has daddy (and grandpa) wrapped around her finger....

??well, I posted.?

?Great! So you?re done now??

?No, No.

?Oh?cool.?
    Then he rolled over. I'm not sure he's thrilled about this.

TURF WAR!!

'night
    JaY
    I just used three faces!!

7. Uriden

Uriden Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    Not a bad idea for a story.

Definitely didn't see the V/K angle ever, so it certainly was something to get used to. But with how stud muffin-ish Kyp is, it's no wonder she's ga-ga for him - It's possible my orientation would flip did I know this Kyp fella!

Jacen teaching his students how to pick up with the force is too close to a fantasy of mine that it can't be good. But I still chuckled.

Tahiri is a great character that I agree, has been left to the wayside - I wish we got more of her, especially with the Solo's. Hopefully we get to meet Mr Huf too, he seems like a fun character.

Keep it up, especially lewd Jedi acts - I love those.

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Please stop with all those colors guys because it's unreadable...

Preggers:

You know and all people here know my feelings towards Kyp... I'll see what happen next but so far he looks like a perv to me :p

9. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    EDIT: Good lord I am tired of this weird copy-paste thing that goes on. I will solve it or die.

I'm as late as Jacen Solo's emotional development, and twice as ugly.
    Screaming Laughin, SL, SL, SL
    *Pets Jacen doll*

You can have Dark Hot Horny Jacen. Just make sure to send Treat-Me-Like-An-Adult Hot Horny Jysella my way.

The question we've all been asking since his creation as a character.... Maybe his problems are all complex because he's a jacked up mess of a human being?
    Exactly! But aren�t we all!

As a Rodian, I'd have to say yes, you all are.

And sonofanErelas
    OH MY GAWD! Inara�s OC is a curse word! I love THAT!

Well, her OC is allowed to be mentioned whereas the more common noun I was hoping to use isn't...

I�m glad you like my Jysella, but do you want to kiss her full on the mouth?

Duh. She is sooooo in need of a good kiss. [face_love]

And I'm not even a Kyppy old man. Just a handsome, intelligent Rodian with good hygiene and a nice speeder.

Nobody likes him except teenaged girls
    SL
    Jaynasolofel isn't a teenage girl...

Oh. Well, that's just one exception.

Ouch. She's ruthless.
    Would you expect her to be any different?

No. [face_love]

Not to mention that you're probably the LAST person anyone ought to ask for romantic advice. Well, maybe second to last. There's always Jacen to skew the bell curve in pretty much every way.
    Again you are cracking me up! And give the Uncle and nephew a little credit�you can�t expect them to save the galaxy AND be good in relationships�haven�t you ever heard that people who are super super talented in one area are not at all in others? Like there has to be a balance. Sort of like idiot savants�

Yeah, I guess there has to be some balance. That makes me think of the whole Bakura-weird-chick-"everything-is-balance-so-I-can't-sleep-with-you-Luke" philosophy. I guess Luke brought it on himself, then, if he could either choose between being a freaking awesome Jedi or being somewhat smooth with the ladies. As for me... hmm, I think I'd pick Jedi, too. Having game is not quite as badass as having telekinesis (or even more badass would be having that Force absorption ability and super mind control).

She is so hot right now.
    I now know how Inara must feel when I go on about Jacen�or how TKL must feel when I go on about Jacen and FEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEE! [face_love]

I am teh original Fee fanboy, I think. She's always been special to me.

Though I'm beginning to think that she is being supplanted by Jysella. I'll need more posts with Jysella in them to find out (HINT THAT'S A BIG HINT OKAY?).

Oh, great advice, Luke. Send him to Jaina, the previous teenaged girl with creepy feelings for him.
    OK�I have to admit�I didn�t think of it that way.

Which is why I'm here--to point out the awkwardness. I think like a man, so I'm kind of an expert in seeing awkwardness.

But if there's no sexual tension between them, I am going to hold a protest
    Are you threatening me? Are you threatening the great Cornholeo?

Maybe. Would threats get me hot steamy Jysella posts?

Every 'fic could stand to have a little more sexual tension.
    Oh trust me�this will basically be a sexual tension fest with a little plot thrown in to keep the mods happy

::Starts toasting bread::

That might be true, but what about the master/apprentice relationship? I'm betting there was a bit of weirdness going on with that, too.
    They were not the first Male/Female Master/Apprentice duo�just the first one I�ve ever written�

True. That was more a general comment on the, uh, perils of cross-gender individual training. I know I'd have issues if I were a fourteen year old boy studying personally under, say, Alema Rar up until I'm like twenty-something and ready to be a full Knight. I just think there are a few too many distracti

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Feefi, now you will learn the down side of having lots of replies...you don't actually get to write your story. I honestly love my readers to death but there were times when I felt like all I did was write replies, not my story.

The upside is that it means you're on a roll and well-received. Eat it up, chica!

11. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Head butting phase over yet?

Lol. Yep! Now he just keeps finding new ways to torture poor Mommy ? physically and mentally.

*hopes you feel that way after reading*

I do! [face_love] :D

Man, poor Kyp! Talk about being in a bad spot . . .

Jacen helping Valin pickup chicks? [face_laugh] ROTFLMAO! The way he?s written in profic just makes that concept just way too funny.

Tahiri left the order and is dating (well, sort of ? something just doesn?t seem right with that relationship) Tarkin?s grandson? :eek: Can?t wait to find out more!

Great stuff, preggers ? looking forward to more! :D

12. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Why was it, the Jedi Master and galactic hero wondered, that Kyp Durron never had a simple problem?

[face_laugh] Great opening! All sorts of things started to run through my mind... the actual cicumstances where funnier than anything I had imagined!

Luke gave Kyp a disbelieving laugh and asked, ?Are you afraid of your apprentice??

Kyp took a defensive stance and replied, ?Given who she is and what I?ve just told you, wouldn?t you be??

LOL![face_laugh] All I could visualize was a green faced Kyp [face_sick] ... I fully expected Jaina or Mara to walk in.

Jysella Horn was a walking greatest hits of the Terrik and Horn lines. From Mirrax she had inherited black hair that looked like silk, a delicately beautiful face and a long lean body. She'd gotten Corran's Force sensitivity, piercing emerald eyes and piloting skills. And of course, from Booster she had been passed luck, bravado and a vocabulary that had on numerous occasions made retired Wraiths blush and her parents livid.

Undoubtedly that final 'hit' was more a byproduct of spending her early formative years aboard the Errant Venture, hiding from the Yuuzhan Vong, than actual genetics.

Who would have thought I'd gain a new favorite character? Poor Kyp...poor Corran & Mirax! :p Jysella sounds like a handful to me! [face_batting]

o_O Jacen sounds inordinately irritated by old Huf (42!?! :eek: ... who I don't care for either, thank you very much! :p )

Why would Tahiri leave the Order? [face_thinking]

=D= Looking forward to more, Preggers !

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh right?the ?Box o?Jedi? as I like to call her. What can I say? Luke was older, a man and the hero. I guess that made it all ok. And the fact that she was disembodied when they fell in love?and when she got a body it was the body of a young hottie.

LOL 'Box O' Jedi'[face_laugh] Thats a good name for her!
    Yeah I guess he was older and it really does make a difference.
    But that young hottie was one his students which I would have thought would have been awkward to say the least! (yeah I know Mara was technically one of his students but he knew her before he really started having 'students'.)

And, I?m calling the age difference between Kyp and Jysella 20 years (I?m sorry, if other fic writers can bring Anakin back form the dead?I can fudge Jysella age a couple of years.

Doesn't bother me! I actually don't know how old Jysella would be so I don't have a point of referance. Anyway age is a small thing to tweak, now species on the other hand.... :p

I don't normally reply to replies but yours was just so great I felt the need to! If you would rather I didn't I won't do it again!

Can't wait for more! (yeah I know I said that last time but I felt it needed to be said again!:p)

14. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    SummerDaisyHi

Remember me from Inara's fics?
    Of course! Thanks for giving this a try!

Judging from your reviews of AHP and FNM (which inspired even lazy me to try my hand at the line-by-line analysis)
    I seem to either do that or just irritate the hell out of people?like sand on Tatooine?

I knew even before I started reading this that Fear and Love would be good
    You are insanely kind to say that and I?ll take that as a huge compliment because you seem smart!

Last night, Inara and I were talking about this fic online, and we both think that this story is quite a gem.
    Well, she can hardly be relied upon for an unbiased opinion!

Jysella and Kyp
    I love the dynamics of their master/padawan relationship.

Thank you. It took me a while to find what is there?I hope I can keep it interesting for you.

Unlike a lot of people, I'm not really that disturbed by the age gap (I see it a lot - you wouldn't believe how many doctors marry women a lot younger than them, and the relationships are really sincere for the most part)
    I would imagine that as with everything else in life, there are as many negative examples as there are positive. It was pointed out to me at one point that it might be considered irresponsible to pair these two given the age of some of the readers on the boards. Hopefully I will be able to address the issues in a way that no one sees it that way when they actually read my story.

So I came into your fic without any reservations of that sort, which probably enabled me to really fall in love with them.
    I can?t tell you how stoked I am to have Kyp and Jella fans right fro the start.

Opposite gender master/padawan relationships are complicated, and I think it's only natural for attraction and idolization to occur from the apprentice. On a daily basis, they are exposed to their attractive, single masters, who perform admirable and brave feats on a daily basis. Of course there's going to be some feelings.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How could a youing impressionable Padawan not fall in love?

So here's my question: does Jysella really love Kyp?
    THAT my friend?is the second most important question to be taken away from this post. What becomes of hero worship? How does it effect the hero and the worshipper. And is anyone immune to these issues?

The POV wasn't from her perspective
    NO?it was not

If that is the case, then I feel really bad for Kyp because he fell in love with her.
    Poor Kyp?

I just want to address Kyp falling for younger women time and again (okay, so twice).
    But did he fall for Jaina?or was he just a little turned on by the facts that she slapped him after the world ship was blown up and that Jag was clearly interested?

Again, maybe cause I see it a lot, but Kyp doesn't really have that many women his own age to develop romantic relations. He's a Jedi Master who is always on the move, and Kyp doesn't strike me as the type to marry a non-Jedi since so much of what he does (and is notorious for) involves the Force. So he really needs someone to understand him as a Force user.
    Here?s a question; do any of these people really have a life outside of their work? It?s easy to understand why people with life consuming careers marry within their industry (actors, doctors, airline personnel?). When you consider how much of your waking time you spend at work?how would you meet anyone different? Friends?but if all of your friends are in the same industry?
    And I agree, Kyp would end up with a Force user?although TKL has him with a non Force user in Legacy and that?s working for her.

Kyp's at that age where everyone is either younger or older than he is. And everyone is married or involved anyway. So I think it's only natural that during the war, when he spent so much time with Jaina, he was attracted to her. And why shouldn't he be? She's an attractive single woman and he's an attractive single man with a healthy libido.
    Yes to all that.

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_worried] I hope she won't get too distracted by us. But then again, Feefi is a great writer and responder, and she knows how to balance both her admiring posse and her amazing story.

Though if there is one reason that would keep Feefi from her writing, it would be me. [face_blush] I'm such an attention whore when it comes to her, and I monopolize nearly all her time. Plus, these days we seem to discuss a million other stories except our own. [face_devil]

I guess I'll have to share Feefi with the rest of you...:_|

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Thanks Preggers :D Now I can actually read what was written and asked :p

When is the next post?

17. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    I personally think that responding to readers incites creativity, if I may use so violent a word.

But then again I try to give criticism and ideas from my end, and keep the lavish praise balanced.

I'm learning slowly.

And it's hard for me to share my friends with people too, Inara :_|!

18. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Good to see you finally posted this, Preggers. [:D]

Luke got a clear sense that this?woman was a force to be reckoned with and she hadn?t even done anything yet.
    I get that feeling too, you?ve given her quite a distinct personality. This grown-up Jysella is very stubborn and headstrong it seems. I almost feel sorry for Kyp :p Almost ;)

In the mean time, Jaina?s back on Coruscant. She?s going to be Leia?s assistant in the Jedi Senate office. You could go stay with her for a while.?
    Stay with Jaina? I have a very important question, FeeFi :p Where's Jaggie? :p

?I guess I could explain the situation and get her insight.?

Luke laughed. ?Yeah, because we Skywalker-Solos are so good in the relationship department.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] No kidding.

Great interaction between Kyp and Luke. It?s obvious that they?ve gotten comfortable with each other over the years and have a deep respect for each other.

And I chuckled and rolled my eyes at the Valin-Jacen scene. [face_laugh] Men! Typical! :p

Tahiri has left the order. :eek: Wow! And Tahiri/Huf Tarkin? Whoa! There?s definitely some tension there with Jacen. This is very intriguing. I can?t wait to see how this unravels. :D

?See, the consummate hostess.? Huf panted.
    Huffing-puffing Huf. *giggles* 8-} Sorry, must be the antibiotics I?m taking for an ear infection. [face_laugh] :p

Great job, Preggers! =D= You?ve already managed to hook me with your complex characters and quick-paced storytelling interwoven with humor. I like your style. :cool: Can?t wait to see where you take this. :D

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hopefully not. Actually the huge responses can be definitely inspiring, but it still takes a lot of time to go through those. I'm sure when Feefi cut the first page in to start her Word file of posts it was over 20 pages long, possibly closer to 30. It can be quite daunting. Only when DRL interferes is it a problem. Otherwise, those replies are a labor of love.

They definitely incite creativity. ;) I like balanced criticism; it makes you think.

Hope you're writing fast, Feefi!

*waves to mi gemela*

20. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    What size box would I need for a 5?7?, 110 lb, raven haired, finely featured, walking stick of Dy-No-Mite? And where do you live? Need to calculate shipping costs.

Don't worry about it. I'll pick her up.

Is that because of all the time you spend experiencing it?

Awkward? Me? Why, whatever made you invent such absurdities?

[/feigned innocence]

Yep. Awkwardness is as essential to my existence as air, poetry, and cheap delicious spicy Mexican food.

Okay, so I have to say this, I was gone for the weekend, preggers, and when I got on the boards to check on some stories I had this little flutter of hope that you might have updated with another post already. I was wrong, but the good news (for you not me) is that you've already addicted me to the story. It usually takes at least five or six posts for me to get into a story, but not this one. I'm already doomed to hours of sleeplessness, plot bunny inspiration, and homework neglect on your account. I can hardly wait for an update.

::wanders off shaking and looking for something to smoke::

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    You know what? Everytime I catch a glimpse of this thread title down the page, I immediately think it's going to say Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. And then, though I haven't seen the movie, I think, Johnny Depp! Then, when I realize what it is I'm looking at, I'm not disappointed, because the next best thing to Johnny Depp is Kyp Durron. And I think Kyp Durron and Jacen Solo combined probably outweight Johnny anyways... [face_love]

Anyways, I did come in here for a purpose.

preggers Now that I did not know, can you tell me where to get my eyeballs on some stories then because there are just not enough of those around. Well, I've written a few. But the best is definitely val_solo's You Get Me. It's much fun. Also, this is worth checking out, too. SaberBlade's A Strange Thing, one of my very favorite viggies of all times, is mildly Jacen/Tahiri. But honestly, I agree, there aren't very many out there. It's depressing.

Rodi- Yep. Awkwardness is as essential to my existence as air, poetry, and cheap delicious spicy Mexican food. [face_laugh] You sound like me! [face_laugh]

22. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm something better then Johnny Depp? I need to send you my sister :p She bought all his films ( ALL!!!!!! Can you believe it :eek: ) And now everytime I see a movie it's Johnny this and Johnny that... Few more months and I will end in the place where you wear white jackets, spend time in white rooms and people in white tell you to take white pills and you tell them " Follow the white rabbit " :p

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
  24. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Chimpo, that's rough. I mean, a little bit of Johnny Depp is okay (i.e., Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas), but ALL of his movies?

::Shudders::

JJD: By the way, every time I see the title of this story, my mind immediately thinks "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", too. Only rather than think "Johnny Depp", my mind immediately jumps straight to "MASSIVE DRUG TRIPS AHEAD". Too bad it's against the TOS. It might be funny to see a scene where Jag Fel is tripping on acid or something. Maybe hotboxing with Cem, Shawnkyr, and a handful of other Chiss pilots.

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

You should write a farce like that... [face_laugh]