main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    :eek:

Preggers!! It's so good to see back here!! :D [:D] [:D] Really looking forward to a new update, I can't wait to read more. I'm going to have to re-read, like you said, to refresh myself before I get to the new post, and I'm looking forward to that, too. Re-reading this 'fic is always so enjoyable, and just as exciting as the first time. :D

I hope your family is well. Great to see you here again. :)

Ant.

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    WOOHOO!
    GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK!

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    OK readers, for those of you still even remotely interested, I am bound and determined to finish Fear and Love at some point so here is an update, picking up right were we left off.

Before I go any farther though, I have to give a humungous shout out to JaYnaSoloFel, Beta Queen Extraordinaire (or BQE), as I like to call her. In all the time I've been working this story, I've never posted a single update without her editing and approval, even when it meant her refusing to sign off until I made major plot or structural changes. I couldn't imagine continuing this story without her and was so relieved when she willingly and in a matter of hours picked her editing hat back up and thanked ME for letting her. You are very special PC.

Now, for those of you who need a refresher, the last post started off from Noya's POV and featured Noya walking in on Jaina and Jag sparring and there being a host of mental gymnastics as Noya made a ton of assumptions and then did a little conversation manipulation in order to get Jag to confess the extent of his relationship with Jaina. My aim was to make Noya more 3 dimensional, give a little insight to her personality and psyche in order to make up understand why Jag was with her and then allow you guys to decide if you thought she was a vapid waste of space or if any of her feelings were justified.

Second was the big conversation between Jacen and Tahiri from Jacen's POV.

We all knew that was coming...what more can I say.

I'll refrain form going into the dynamics of any of the other couples for now, this update really still only deals with the two couples we left off with.

I haven't answered any of your replies for ages and I know some new readers came in during my hiatus. I apologize for not greeting and thanking you all individually. Please know that I appreciate the time you take to read and all your thoughts and I'll pick my responses back up too now that this post is going up.

So, I hope you all enjoy this one. It was a blast to write.

Also, I'm off to the flicks with thing 1 and thing 2 and will do PM's later. If you've already read and get a PM later tonight, sorry about that.

Fear and Love

Chapter 4, part 4

Previously on The Intimate Lives of Interstellar Blunderers?

Jag got caught red handed?sort of?from a certain point of view

And

Oh?oh dear?oh?maybe ?Forcing? Tahiri?s hand wasn?t the best idea Jacen?s ever had.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Swapped my innocence for pride,
    Crush the end within my stride
    Said I?m strong
    Now I know that I?m a leaver

I love the sound of you walking away
    You walking away
    Mascara bleeds a blackened tear
    Oh, and I am cold, yes I?m cold,
    But not as cold as you are
    You walking away

I cannot turn to see those eyes,
    As apologies may rise
    I must be strong
    And stay an unbeliever

And love the sound of you walking away
    You walking away
    Mascara bleeds into my eye
    Oh, and I?m not cold, I am old,
    At least as old as you are
    You walking away

Walk Away
    /Franz Ferdinand

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Noya had been cold and silent the whole way back to their apartment, the moment the door closed behind them however the assault had begun. First she snarled at him for a while and then she started yelling in a language Jag had never heard her speak and was hard pressed to identify. Gradually her momentum built into all out hysteria, which is when she began throwing every thing in the apartment not bolted down.

Since not a single item had connected with its target, Jag had stopped ducking a while ago. Noya had terrible aim.

Somewhat casually, Jag made his way to the bar, simultaneously reflecting on the ideas that there appeared to be many things about his fiancé that he did not know, and that he would need an extra smooth whiskey tonight, as he anticipated drinking a fair amount of it. He picked his

4. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
  5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    :eek::eek: :eek:

Oh my stars and garters. That was rather a large bit of angst.

I was so excited to see this back, and that's where you leave us!?!?!

It was a great post, and I can't wait to see where things go from here

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    :eek: An update!=D=
    I quietly read this last summer and it's great to see it continued.

Did you just kill Noya??:eek:

YES!*pumps fist in the air* [face_dancing]
    Sorry, but we all know who is meant to be with Jag.
    I know, I am horrible.[face_laugh]

7. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow....:eek:

That was awesome! So sad too...poor Jag. Can we say guilt? Ouch.

And Tahiri...Jacen's gonna forgive her right?

Freaking awesome chapter!!!!!

8. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    YAY! For the post. Not for the heartache and anguish, ouch.

I'm so glad you're back in the game PP!!

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    OMG!!!:_| :eek: :_| :eek:

Noya!! I may not have thought she was right for Jag but I certainly didn't want her dead.

Poor Jag. How can he ever be with Jaina now after his actions kind of led to Noya's death?

This just might be the cliffhangers of cliffhangers.

I really hope the next chapter comes up quickly. [face_praying] [face_praying]

Welcome back pregnantpadme and a really great update to do so.

10. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    An update! And an AWESOME one! it definitely left me :eek: Very well done!

Great emotions. Great cliffe, but I hope the next post will be up soon :D

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

11. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    A speeder explosion huh, that's awfully convienent.
    Great update.

12. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    :eek: [face_dancing] Welcome back!

?You know Jagged, the worst part of this whole evening is that at no point have you tried to convince me that you don?t love her anymore.?

Poor Noya :(
    But seriously, she's right. He has pussyfooted around it.

The second voice urged her to confess to Jacen that her life with Tarkin was a sham

She should listen to that voice.

?Sir, the Corvair your brother gave you. It was taken from the speeder bay an hour ago and exploded near the east end spaceport, right outside where the Clawcraft and your private shuttle are docked.

:eek: Oh no. That's so sad.

If you're maintaining your PM list, keep me on it. :D

13. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    What's it been, nearly a year since the last update?

Well, I'm glad to see this project continue and I hope you do finish it someday. I would like to see how the story ends.

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm so glad to see this again, Preggers...this is one of the best AUs out there. =D=

This was absolutely wonderful?the pain Noya was feeling was very real, even though it was seen through Jag?s POV?I feel so sorry for her, and Jag was an idiot to keep it from her.

Oh poor Jacen...:_| I don?t know about Tahiri. I feel sorry for her, but then I feel that?s as big an idiot as Jag. [face_frustrated]

But that ending was totally unexpected. :eek: I hope she's okay.

Until the next time...[:D]

Sara

15. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    OI! Would you look at all those typos and sentence fragments! How do we let those slip through?

Sorry if any of the bad grammar and badly worded paragraphs detracted from your enjoyment. I'll get to fixing those in the next hour or so.

In the meantime, thank you to everyone who checked back in so fast. I feel very fortunate that there were readers who like the story enough to care after I wsa gone so long. I'm already working on the next update so hopefully it will be up by next weekend.

Preggers

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yay! I'll be watching for it.

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Welcome back. (At least we weren't waiting 10 years like CC made us...) that was a great update, but poor Noya and Jacen and Tahiri...

The PP angst parade is back! (and its not necessarily a bad thing)

18. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I was so excited when I saw that this had been updated and you were back! Thanks for the lovely PMs! [:D]

He picked his favorite Corellian blend, yet another gift from Wedge, and filled a glass.

While I can?t blame Jag for wanting a drink at this point, I?m not sure this is really the best time for it, diplomatically speaking. o_O

Had he spent the afternoon lecturing Kyp not to hide from the woman who loved him unconditionally only to be committing the same sin himself?

YES. Irony?s a shenbit, buddy.

In an odd mental flash that Jag was sure only men were capable of, he was suddenly a little turned on by the fire he saw in the woman before him.

[face_laugh] Once again, I laughed in the middle of an otherwise harrowing situation.

He surreptitiously tried Tahiri?s comm for the third time since entering the lift an hour earlier, and was disappointed when it again immediately went to voicemail.

Wow, this is turning out to be a horrible night for everybody. [face_worried]

Of course, once her work here had been accomplished, she?d kick Jag from here to next week for allowing this to happen as she had both predicted and threatened for a years.

Good girl. :) I like how Jag can expend such intelligence and effort in his elaborate little scheme to ?defuse the situation,? but he can?t seem to deal with what?s right in front of him. It?s frustratingly human.

Jag was suddenly engulfed with self-disgust for convincing himself that his refrain from telling the woman he was planning to spend the rest of his life with about the most important relationship of his life was to protect her from pain, when the reality was that his ?refrain? was actually simple cowardice. One thing he had never imagined he?d be was a coward.

I love how you write the character?s realizations. From an objective standpoint, this is totally Jag?s fault, even though he didn?t intend for things to turn out like this; but however much I may want to smack him for being so stupid, I still feel sorry for him too. That?s a hard balance to pull off. =D=

The obsidian night allowed the low wattage bulbs burning inside the apartment to turn the pane into a mirror giving Jag a view of Noya, tears of heartbreak and humiliation marring her beautiful face. He felt a sudden deepening of emotion for this woman who only wanted to make him happy, and then just as suddenly realized that the feeling was not new and that in fact that this was the most significant relationship of his life.

So many revelations that come too late in this fic. :( But I really like how Jag?s light-bulb moment comes at the worst possible time, with no warning or fanfare. I would say that?s pretty realistic; real life doesn?t usually furnish angelic choirs for things like this. Plus, the imagery in this scene is lovely. :D

You were always either on your way to Csilla, or just returned from Csilla, or too tired, or didn?t care about meeting my scruffy rebel war buddies.?

?So this is my fault??

?Of course not.?

You write fights extremely well. Noya?s still furious, and Jag just keeps saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. [face_plain]

I did research on war vets, I did research on elite combat pilots in long term high stress situations, I asked people about it, trying figure out if your ability to compartmentalize was a part of your personality and was what had made you so good at what you had done, was what enabled you to fight for so long and stay alive, or if it was just me.

First off, I like the factual accuracy of this. I haven?t seen many situations in fanfic or profic that actually deal with the real-world fallout of being a veteran.

Second, this is really heartbreaking. It really gives the lie to Noya?s apparent shallowness at the beginning. She was very aware of Jag?s distance, and was just smiling and carrying on while it was slowly tearing her apart. :(

I?ve spent the pas

19. SenniKiffu

SenniKiffu Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2008
    What a cliffhanger you are leaving us in... Noya might be dead, Jacen and Tahiri on the outs... By the way, I loved Jag's reaction to the news about the accident. It was very well written. I could really feel his horror and fear. Thanks for the pm!

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Welcome back, Preggers! [:D]

Well, to be honest....I have never really been able to like Noya. I'm too much of a J/J fan for that! :p But I do feel bad for her in this situation. Ouch for Noya [face_beatup] ....he never did say that he didn't love Jaina any more. (Happy squeals for that! [face_love] )
    Hmmmm....I'm torn. [face_thinking] If Noya has been killed in the crash, Jag is going to be all guilty and angsty. In other words, unable to to move on to Jaina (at least not as quickly as I'd like [face_blush].) If Noya lives, he's still going to be all guilty and waaaaayyyyyy too noble and stay with her. In a perfect world (like that would ever happen) he would wake up to his real feelings for Jaina and make a clean break with Noya....and they would all live happily ever after. :p

21. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Good Morning,

I wanted to say hi and let you know i"m working on the next update, but it's been a really hectic week with the D-I-V-O-R-C-E!

Who sang that song? Tammy Wynette? That should be my new screen name.

I'm still working and appreciate all your thoughts and interest. It's nice to have something to focus on other than RL these days and I'd forgotten how much of that I got out of the boards.

Have a great day,
    Pregggers

22. SilverWolf77

SilverWolf77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2008
    I can't believe it took me so long to found this wonderful AU!!!:D
    I love it all but, I'd have to say Kypella is my favorite!!![face_love]
    Jysella is one of my favorite underused canon characters(:mad:) and I just [face_love] Kyp to death!!

I can't wait for more!!
    Oh, and could I please be put on the pm list??It would make me very happy!![:D]

~SW

23. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Well that was definitely worth the wait! I'll write more of a reply later (when there aren't a ton of things I really need to be doing), but wanted to drop a note to say that I'd read and enjoyed it.

~Abby

24. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    :(
    I just want to give Jag and Tahiri both hugs right now.
    Great update preggers!
    Glad to have you back!

25. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    wow! thats all i feel needs to be said

PHGS Weyr