main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

1. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Orrrrrrr you could run the final draft by beta...

I know what you're thinking - she delurks for that comment.

8-}:*

jaYna

2. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Carr3107
    Before the rest of the J/J-ers (and I am one) run me out of town, I should clarify.
    HAH! Hey this crowd tolerates Kyp and Jysella, they will likely tolerate you and your whacky ideas.

This is AU.
    And how...

The characters are well developed but you have taken them in totally believable but fundamentally different directions than profic or other fanfiction writers.
    Yes, and that is the beauty of fan fic,being able to do whatever you want to the characters. My goal, well, one of them,was to see if I could write them doing very different things than they would/have in pro fic and yet have their voices still be some what true. Have I suceeded? I guess that depends on your POV. Especially since these are all books and not movies, we've all got our own mental interpretation of these EU characters.

As written, jag is not a particluarly good match for jaina. If they were to be well suited, there needs to be some different kinds of development from them. They have to be friends first before they can even think about a romantic relationship.
    Interesting. I sort of vacillate between thinking they were a good match and really miss matched in pro fic. I suppose I've been so curruted by fanfic that I'm not sure I really remember what it was that drew me to them as a couple in the beginning.

You want to hear (read) something really funny? F&L started out as a J/J fic and grew into this monstrosity that you're reading.

That said, I like your jaina but we haven't seen that much of her. She's the only character without a romantic interest which makes me think you do have plans for her and I think your writing can get them to wherever they're going to go. More Jaina please.
    Again..the irony. No we haven't seen much of her, she ended up not figuring into the story in a huge way, we will see a little of her soon. I"m glad you like what I have done with her, and I do have a very specific plan in mind...and I've already stated it...

A thought I've had on the current profic is that J/J still loved each other
    Yes, that I would agree with, from what I've read.

but that they had to fall in love again because they are such fundamentally different people.
    Yes, they need to re-connect as the adults that they are. Unfortunatley, they were thrust back into each other's lives when they weren't ready and then wound up in really yucky situations, can they fall in love agian? Beta Queen and I have been dreading/joking that LFL is just laughing at us and our assumption that the Fel line in the comics is wrong and that the descendents are actually from a sibling of Jag's and the Mara namesake is jsut to throw us off. I guess we'll know in time.

Profic has done a clumsy job doing it though.
    I don't get the sense that they are as passionate about it as we are, hence the clumsy. We write because we need to spend time with the characters, they write because they have a mortgage.

Sorry for the literary commentary in a response post.
    Please don't apologize, I live for back and forth in depth exchanges. Would explain the ling winded replies.

jaYna/BQE

Orrrrrrr you could run the final draft by beta...

I know what you're thinking - she delurks for that comment.

[face_talk_hand]

You said it, not me. And I'm now reconsidering forgoing the BetaByPass as a reward.

No...I'll send it back, if nothing else to clarify those last two comments you had.

:*

3. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008

There was a raging (in a good way) discussion in the resouce forum a couple weeks back. The consensus was that J/J were good when their senses of "duty" aligned. When they weren't compatible they were a mess. In profic, after TUF there was no middle ground to stand on, at least until the Alema situation was dealt with.

DR is all about the wonderkund single protagonist now, which bites.

4. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    I got seriously burned in Resource so I don't go there any more.

But yeah, it's true, if they have a common enemy, they work, otherwise, they are a mess.

5. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Ok, we can't edit this sucker anymore, if there are typos we missed, sorry. If there are through/threw/thru errors, blame me...jaYna does her best to catch all of those. It's not her fault that I"m illiterate.

This one is a little long, what can I say, Cem had a lot on his mind.

Happy reading and happy weekend

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fear and Love

Chapter 4, part 6

Previously on Friend and Sibling Smack Down?

Jacen unleashed his hurt on Tahiri?though she hasn?t seen nothin? yet

And

Cem unleashed his frustration on both of them?and blew a few secrets out of the water?at least no one died in this explosion?though Tahiri kinda wanted too?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
    Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
    There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
    But you'll never see the end of the road
    While you're traveling with me
    Hey now, hey now
    Don't dream it's over
    Hey now, hey now
    When the world comes in
    They come, they come
    To build a wall between us
    We know they won't win

Don?t Dream It?s Over/
    Neil Finn

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10.7 Years After The Yuuzhan Vong War
    Fel Family Estate, Csilla, Unknown Regions

Cem watched Tahiri walk from the room, wishing he could say something to ease her mind before she left. She wasn?t stupid, in fact, far from it, so she probably realized that he knew her other secret.

He hated that he'd let out that he was aware of their relationship, but he had lost his patience with Jacen?s attitude, and their fighting, and his control slipped. He may have a lot of damage control to do with Tahiri, but there was nothing for it now. Their next conversation would have been even more difficult if she?d spent the whole time wondering if he knew about Jacen too. At least this way the whispercat was out of the bag and they could get straight to the important stuff, like how they were going to turn this cosmically twisted coincidence into a mutually beneficial situation. The plot to oust his wife had made his and Teeka?s lives more complicated than usual, and from what he had surmised of Tahiri?s own situation, hers wasn?t a piece of ryshcate; they may very well be each other?s only salvation.

He?d already suspected that Jacen didn?t know what Tahiri was up to, and that she had her reasons for keeping him in the dark, but being a non-Force user, he could only assume that the mental pressure he?d felt a few moments ago was her desperate plea not to say anything. He hoped that she had picked up on his response.

But back to Jacen, and he wasn?t stupid either, as evidenced by his opening remark.

?Gee, after all that, was there something you wanted to talk to me about in private??

Cem chuckled, not stupid at all, in some respects, anyway. ?A couple of things. First, why didn?t you tell me about Tahiri??

Jacen bit the inside of his cheek and hesitated before saying. ?She didn?t want anyone to know.?

Of course not, how would she explain that to Tarkin? Huf was as jealous and insecure as he was inept. Even the hint of something going on between her and Jacen would have sent him over the edge. ?How long has it been going on??

?Four years.?

Cem was both shocked and impressed, imagining both the strain and the energy required to keep something like this private. ?Since before she met the governor.?

Jacen shrugged. ?What can I say? She?s good in bed.? Cem cringed hearing such an ungentlemanly, and un-Jacen like, assessment of Tahiri, knowing that his friend must truly be hurting to say something so crude. ?But it doesn?t matter; it?s over, life goes on. I?m fine.?

He was anything but fine; Jacen could never have endured four years of a secret relationship for good sex. Cem had long suspected that Jacen had feelings for his adopted ?sister?, in light of all that he?d seen, Cem was relatively certain that Jacen was in love with her, but he obvious

6. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Nice update, preggers. :D

I loved all of it, especially this part:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see Dex next....

CJM

7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Jacen shrugged. ?What can I say? She?s good in bed.? Cem cringed hearing such an ungentlemanly, and un-Jacen like, assessment of Tahiri, knowing that his friend must truly be hurting to say something so crude. ?But it doesn?t matter; it?s over, life goes on. I?m fine.?

Ri-ight. Like Cem will believe that.

?You could always abstain.?

?Are you insane??

Yes, yes he is :p
    Ah, but I'm glad he's not angry at Cem

Jacen smiled knowingly and nodded, ?Every family has one. Actually mine has two; Thracken Sal-Solo and Darth Vader. Three, if you count Jaina.?

[face_laugh] poor Jaina

Was there a saying about families that engaged in inter-galactic espionage together?

There really should be, by now :p

?Belindi didn?t want my work traced back to her, and is still loathing the day when the Council finds out, but was nervous about me being out on my own, so she insisted that I have a liaison outside the agency, and I thought of Jag. He?s in the government, so it?s easy for him to get to her, we had a history, and I trusted that even if he didn?t take the job, he would never let on to anyone else that he knew what I was doing. And he hasn?t.?

Jag is a very good man :)

I hope it is over soon, with Tahiri alive, so that Jacen realizes what an idiot he's been

8. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Woo! Great Post P! Can't wait to see what Dex is like, sounds intriguing!!

9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Amazing update. I always feel like I have no business even thinking about writing after reading one of your posts. Your characters are so tangible I feel like I could reach out and touch them. I have started to ponder how Jacen is going to react when he does eventually find out what Tahiri has been up to, I have a feeling he will be doing some serious groveling. Hope we get to see some more Kyp and Jysella soon. Great job!

10. SilverWolf77

SilverWolf77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2008
    Yah!!! Postie!!!:D
    I loved it all mainly the Jacen/Cem([face_love] him btw) interaction, but Tahiri was great too. However,this was my favorite part...
    ^ that part up there was SOOOO funny!!!
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I really loved the Corran/Booster part!!

I really can't wait for more!!!
    Thanks for the pm! [:D]

~SW

11. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Awesome update!! I hope they catch Tarkin. Tahiri needs to get out of there...and be with Jacen. Can't wait to see them all is action.

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

12. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Preggers I have not forgotten about you or my favorite fic!

First, OMG what wonderful posts! The first post because I loved that Noya got pwned and... No seriously, I loved the animation and personality that you put into Noya. To me it gave her that "Cameron Diaz in My Best Friend's Wedding" effect...you know she's so perfect and you try and hate her but you really can't and when it all comes down to the end you know that she loves Jag and Jag really loves her. But then of course she dies and it opens up new avenues for the story. And we haven't really seen that much Jaina; I feel like she's been neglected but I definitely agree with you that she hasn't really been needed in the story telling that much (except to make fun of) Which makes me think that Jaina is Julia Roberts (again with the My Best Friend's Wedding metaphors) and hopefully we'll see some Jaina action soon.

And my favorite line:
    Since not a single item had connected with its target, Jag had stopped ducking a while ago. Noya had terrible aim.

And another...
    He spent the next fifteen seconds telling himself that he�d never lied to Noya. At least not outright. But he couldn�t in good conscious pull it off.

See when julia roberts would have asked in the movie for Jag to pick her, to marry her...he would have...hehehe

And the verbal fight that they went into...I hate to say it but it was perfectly reminiscent of how I fight with my boyfriend (minus the ex girlfriend business)

Oh! And BTW I love the song that you chose for this post. I download all of the songs and listen to them before I read the posts because it sets the mood ^_^ and that Franz Ferdinand song was fantastic. :-D And I absolutely love Morcheeba...and Fear and Love is one of my favorite songs ever.

Okay and now to the Jace-hiri bit. Oh. My. Goodness. Well at least there's still a chance for happiness between them...I know they'll work it out.

Preggers:
    She did run while she had the chance...and the vehicle she chose to run in Hapan to be rigged to explode...
    I'm not gonna lie it took me a second...then I thought it was clever as hell.

I'm just going to post this now before it gets deleted....

13. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [face_laugh] Ok! There was a lot of funny in that post. :p

?Are you insane??
    [face_laugh]
    My favorite line!

Also lots of sympathy for Tahiri and I love Cem. [face_love]

15. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004

Says the woman with four children!

[face_love]

16. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    :p As I tell people who ask if I haven't figured out how I end up with those children....

Why, yes I have! Haven't you? o_O

[:D]

17. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Jacen smiled knowingly and nodded, ?Every family has one. Actually mine has two; Thracken Sal-Solo and Darth Vader. Three, if you count Jaina.?

?Uncle Wedge has my father? Corran Horn has Booster Terrick??

?Booster Terrick has Corran Horn?.?

[face_laugh]

Great update, preggers! I do hope that they bring Tarkin down soon. That man, plus the lack of J/T that he entails, really makes me mad.:mad::p

Great job, and once again Cem is awesome!:D

18. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Fear and Love

Chapter 4, part 6

Fear and Love: The Rodi Annotated Edition. Back from hiatus at last.

Previously on Friend and Sibling Smack Down?

Is that network TV or do I have to pony up for satellite to watch? Oh wait, it's called Maury. Right.

He hated that he'd let out that he was aware of their relationship, but he had lost his patience with Jacen?s attitude, and their fighting, and his control slipped.

Oh Cem. Lesser people would have cracked long before you did.

He?d already suspected that Jacen didn?t know what Tahiri was up to, and that she had her reasons for keeping him in the dark, but being a non-Force user, he could only assume that the mental pressure he?d felt a few moments ago was her desperate plea not to say anything.

Or it could be Tahiri falling to the--WAIT FOR IT--Dark Side... DUN DUN DUN

But back to Jacen, and he wasn?t stupid either

The jury is still deliberating on that one. Let's all just quiet down and listen to what Henry Fonda has to say.

Of course not, how would she explain that to Tarkin? Huf was as jealous and insecure as he was inept. Even the hint of something going on between her and Jacen would have sent him over the edge.

Or, even worse, would have sent Huf over the HEDGE...

I'm here all night, folks.

?But it doesn?t matter; it?s over, life goes on. I?m fine.?

Bull butter. Jacen is a liar. Unless, of course, he means "fine" like "fiiiiiiiine," in which case I'm sure a significant portion of the fanfiction-reading populace would wholeheartedly agree with his statement.

He was anything but fine; Jacen could never have endured four years of a secret relationship for good sex.

Do not underestimate the power of... no, wait, that one's too easy.

?Good, and you should be, he?s the only son I?ll ever have. On our orders, the delivery surgeons also performed a procedure to prevent further pregnancies.?

Yikes. That's permanent.

Jacen was a little taken aback by this news. ?That?s permanent.?

I already said that, silly.

Are you insane?

?Are you insane??

Jacen and I are apparently in sync at the moment.

?It?s ok, I understand; it?s a little soon yet. It probably wouldn?t look good to have us dueling to the death with lightsabers in the background of all the holos. Or me strangling her over the buffet table, but I?ll be fine when I do have to face her.

I have this image in my head... because we all know Tahiri would kick Jacen's quarse if it came to blows... the happy Fel/Djo family smiling for a picture, baby Dash Matrix yawning sleepily in Aunt Tahiri's arms as the day winds to a close, an unconscious Jacen sprawled out on the floor, covered with a cornucopia's worth of sticky food and drink. Domestic bliss.

?It?s more than over. She was given a choice and she made it. End of story. Frankly, I knew it wasn?t going to last much longer anyway. It was starting to get old.?

Bull butter again. You gotta work on this lying thing, Jacen. Unless, of course, you were speaking metaphorically, using some sort of biological trope to express characteristics about your relationship with Tahiri, which, at four years from its conception, may indeed be described as "old" from an age standpoint--depending, of course, on the average life span of whatever plant or animal you used as the trope. If that is the case, then we can hardly argue with you, Jacen. Your relationship with Tahiri was, indeed, getting old.

A flicker of light over Jacen?s shoulder caught Cem?s eye and he realized it was a holorecording of Tahiri with Jag and Cem taped on Hapes several months ago. Jacen was sitting in Jag?s office, the only place he could have easy access to a comm unit capable of transmitting to Csilla, more specifically, the Fel home. Cem had spoken to his brother dozens of times when he was sitting in that very chair and the holo had never been in the background.Jacen must have been playing it before he

19. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I?m glad you liked the song! :D

?What can I say? She?s good in bed.? Cem cringed hearing such an ungentlemanly, and un-Jacen like, assessment of Tahiri, knowing that his friend must truly be hurting to say something so crude. ?But it doesn?t matter; it?s over, life goes on. I?m fine.?

Obviously. [face_plain] He thinks he?s being cold, and he is, but Cem is right; all Jacen?s really proving is how much it hurt him.

A flicker of light over Jacen?s shoulder caught Cem?s eye and he realized it was a holorecording of Tahiri with Jag and Cem taped on Hapes several months ago.

Ha! Busted. [face_devil]

Ouch. That?s a rather harsh comparison for Jaina. [face_worried]

?She turned whiter than I thought was possible, lifted her chin and said, ?Magnus, we owe you a debt of gratitude for bringing that possible taunt to our attention and saving our son from a lifetime of misery due his parents? oversight. We shall continue looking for a name.? So we went back to the list and finally came up with Dashiel.?

[face_laugh] I loved this story. I wouldn?t have thought of that about the name either, but other kids certainly would have. Magnus is a very handy annoying relative. ;)

Much to Cem?s shock, this brought a wave of sobs from Tahiri, and a bunch of unintelligible words that Cem finally translated as ?Do you still want me for that??.

Poor Tahiri. :( She hasn?t exactly been innocent in all this either, but I hate to see her falling apart like this. She?s so damaged. :_|

Cem pressed his thumb and forefinger into his eyes, trying to rub away the sudden fear for Tahiri, and the sense that he had been deluding himself in believing that they would all be fine.

Eep. I hope he hasn?t been deluding himself too much. [face_worried]

Jacen had taken a blaster bolt to the side and was unconscious, so he didn?t hear any of it.

Well, that was fortuitous. Or maybe unfortunate. [face_thinking]

?When I presented her with my information and offered to continue digging she said not to, but then hinted that if I was ever to leave the Order and was still interested in working for her, she?d be interested in talking.?

I really liked getting this backstory on how Tahiri got herself into all this. It has an inevitability to it that fits the story well.

?What I heard was my best friend in a lot of pain because the woman he loves is denying her feelings for him. And what I?m hearing now is my sister telling me that she wishes the situation were different but that she?s too emotionally stunted to own up to her feelings.?

?You suck.?

?Welcome to having siblings.?

[face_laugh] Go Cem! I think he?s got it down. ;)

By the way, how do you pronounce Cem?s name? Is it a hard c or a soft c? I was just wondering. [face_thinking]

?Sorry. It?s just been an endless source of amusement to Jag and me that my ?cover? has made me insanely wealthy. I?ve negotiated some pretty lucrative deals. With chips sales, endorsements, licensing, performances?I?m worth easily ten times what Tarkin?s worth. Even my shoe fetish can?t put a dent in the pile.?

lol Tahiri obviously has good taste if she loves shoes. ;) And she may not know what to do with all of her wealth now, but I have a feeling it?s going to come in handy sooner or later. [face_mischief]

I can?t wait to see what?s going on with Dex! :D

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Catching up again Chica.

These last two posts were great. I really liked how you made it nearly impossible for Tahiri and Jacen to even look at each other let alone have a civil conversation.

And it's far from over for either of them. Good!

Cem's a good big brother/friend here. And I like that he's taking the 'in charge/kick butt' role.

Things are definitely going to come to a head with Huf soon. I only hope Tahiri can handle him like she thinks.

Or will Jacen have to come and save her? [face_love]

21. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Hi Hi,

Just a quick note to say I read both of your last two updates and thoroughly enjoyed them. I have a ton of comments in my head but haven't had time to write them. I might attempt to in the near future, or perhaps I'll save myself for your next update. Either way, enjoying the story as much as ever, and can't wait to read what you have in store for us next!

~Abby

22. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    Just finished reading your latest updates and figuered this was a good time for an "up" ! I really enjoyed the tahiri and cem conversation and i think jacen is going to be kicking himself when he finds out what tahiri was really doing all this time....or i might kick her for having actually done this for all this time :) I'm looking forward to seeing jag again and finding out how he's holding up and his new frame of mind in light of recent events.

More soon please?!=D= Great work!

23. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello Boys and Girls!

I wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I have not forgotten you, or the trials and tribulations of Jacen and Tahiri, but life has been a bear lately and I've been devoting all my time to trying to salvage my job and not lose my mind.

Oh, and raising Darth Little Boy and Big Sithter.

I hope you are all well, and fairing better than I am. I will get back to writing and have that Dex Interlude up as soon as I can.

Preggers

24. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Take care. Maybe I'll get some replies done in the mean time? [face_blush] [face_peace]

- The Imperial Ewok

25. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hey guys!

Happy new year!

No, I"m not dead, in fact...I'm writing.

Try to think of the last few months as summer hiatus and the next update will be the season premier. Sort of like ER...I won't go away forever.

I am also working on a comprehensive recap for those who want to jump back in, but don't want to reread.

Hope you are all well.

Preggers