Beyond Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. PHGS_Weyr Jedi Master

star 4
    whoop!!!!!! This is great thanks for the pm! sorry for the delayed reply it's been sometime since i've been on the boards glad this is still about, can't wait for more!

PHGS Weyr
  2. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to more.[:D]
  3. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
  4. KatMom Jedi Padawan

Hi pregnant padme. I've just started your story and want you to know how much I'm enjoying it. Another writer here whose story I love recommended your story to me and I'm so glad she did. Great work with the characetrs even though I really don't like the idea of tahiri with Jacen and others. But I can kind of see why, so I can deal with it. :)
  5. Durroness Force Ghost

star 1
    :D I am so happy to hear that you are writing again! Not only because it means a continuation to the most addicting fic ever, but because (hopefully) it means that things are going better for you. I am looking forward to what the 'new season' will bring. (and just a note: my keyboard is horribly messed up. I am sorry in advance if anything comes out illegible.)
  6. Inara Force Ghost

star 4
    I tried to stay away from Star Wars...I managed for almost three years...but I just couldn't do it any longer.

You are the Padme to my Anakin. I'm going all Sith because of my obsession for you and your wonderful story!

[face_love][face_love]
  7. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm horribly behind - but catching up. RL took hold for longer than I expected.

First of all - I love Franz Ferdinand. :) They were here recently, too. I couldn't afford to go to Auckland, of course, but I did admire them on the telly.

In an odd mental flash that Jag was sure only men were capable of, he was suddenly a little turned on by the fire he saw in the woman before him.
    I guess the one mitigating fact in that is that Jag had the grace to realise it himself. ;)

Hilarious that I can almost hear Noya's ranting as background to Jag's thoughts. :D And although we can't hear what she says - I suspect that Jag's internal monologue reflects the gist of her words.

Does he mean what he says to her I wonder? Or was he just really affected by that image of her in the window? Pity in other words.

?You know Jagged, the worst part of this whole evening is that at no point have you tried to convince me that you don?t love her anymore.?

Jag?s mouth fell open as he realized she was right, and he began to shake his head. He hadn?t, and instantly realized that this was his biggest mistake by far. Unfortunately, the damage was done and nothing he said now would convince her otherwise. But then again, look how many years it had taken to realize it himself.

Gah - poor Jag. What a mess.

Now he loathed her and would likely burn the sheets, if not the entire bed.
    :D Burn, baby, burn.

Oh, and Jacen needed to be ok with her whoring herself for the GFFA for the duration of the investigation. That would go over nicely.
    Yeah - like a fart in a double bed. :rolleyes:

Then there was the voice that told her that this had nothing to do with altruism and was simply a case of saving her heart because even after all that had happened, after everything that had been said and done between them, Tahiri could not allow herself to believe that Jacen did, or would continue to, truly love her.

Her life simply didn?t work that way.

Come on, Tahiri - show some optimism. Although I can relate to why she feels that way. :(

With Noya still on Csilla there was no need to wait, Tahiri could walk over to Jag?s right now and drag him out of bed. If she were lucky maybe he?d even feed between the questions and the berating.
    Uh-oh!!! I sense some French farce on the way. Noya is going to go ballistic.

Um - well I guess she has . . . kind of! Oops. :eek:

Jacen and Tahiri are a couple of kriffed up people?I guess fighting a war and being tortured while still a teen will do that to you.
    Ain't that the truth. :(

I want to live with the Fels. :)

Love Tahiri's levitation game.

She told herself that she had always known this was going to happen and it didn?t really matter.

Of course even as the thought was passing through her head, she knew she was lying to herself.

I'm glad she can be honest.

?You aren?t going to be a testosterone impaired goon like your father and uncle Jacen, are you? No, not my sweet boy,?
    Oh yes he is - it's the curse of the boy germs. :D

She assumed he was once again telling Cem he didn?t want her there. Either that or he thought Cem was charging too much for a melon, but she sort of doubted it was the latter.
    :D

?I?m sorry, last time I checked you turned in your lightsaber so you could prance around on stage in skimpy outfits for a living. Why don?t you leave the theorizing and investigating to those of us who didn?t desert the Order??
    Actually, with the state of the Jedi at present, I don't see that as a bad career move at all.

Then Tahiri felt her heart leap into her throat and was overwhelmed by a depth of fear she hadn?t felt since realizing she was on the ground on Yavin surrounded by Peace Brigaders with the small ship Anakin was piloting lifting up into the sky without her.
    Ah - loved that analogy even though it's sad. Poor Tahiri.

despite the vitriol you?ve been throwing at each other for the last four weeks, my suspicion that you two are madly in love and
  8. TahiriV Jedi Padawan

9. star_writer24 Jedi Master

star 4
    :DVery good!
    I am already enjoying the "new" version of this!
  10. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello everyone!

It?s been a long time, I know, and here?s a funny story: I?ve been writing another story, an Anakin and Tahiri story based on the premise that Tahiri uses flow walking to go back to Eclipse to tell Anakin and Tahiri of that time about the fiasco that was the Myrkr mission and therefore tries to save that Anakin, in direct contrast to what Sith Jacen says about the impossibility of bringing Anakin back at the end of Invincibile. It was my little cheat, and my own personal rebellion against Denning and Sue Rostini.

Anyway, as I?m nearing the end of that story, I made a comment that I?d packed up all my SW books and would be leaving the boards as soon as Fragile (the title of this story) the minute I ended posting.

Several readers expressed dismay at my impending departure and a few brought up the fact that they had actually been followers of Fear and Love and were saddened that I hadn?t finished that story and would love to see the end of it.

On a totally separate note, and without having any idea I was even writing and posting Fragile, an old reader, and very vocal fan of Fear and Love, sent me a message saying that on a whim, and having been away from TF.N for years, she checked back into the TF.N to look at some Kyp-centric fic, decided to look at the Kyp-centric posts on the Fear and Love board and was so captivated that she ended up reading the whole story again and wanted to know if I would ever considered finishing it because she loved it so much.

All of this got me thinking.

I ended up spending that evening doing a marathon read of Fear and Love myself and found that I was really quite proud of what I had accomplished.

There are a zillion little editing things I?d like to go back and correct, little proofreading things that need attention, everything from tiny words that were dropped to continuity things that most people would gloss over but made me cringe, but, having lived with the story for going on 6 years now, the plot is still quite solid in my head, and I?m now wondering if I were to sit down and put in the hours that would be required to start plotting out and actually writing what comes next to actually finish this; would any of you care enough to actually read?

Keep in mind that most of you would need to start over and read from the beginning so that you?d know what was going on. There are several key couples: Jaina and Jag, Jag and Noya, Kyp and Jysella, Jacen and Tahiri, Tahiri and Tarkin, Cem and Tenal Ka? the whole galactic political back ground? what Tahiri is actually doing?. There is like 35 updates to slog through, interspersed through something like 1000 posts over 40 pages. It?s a lot of stuff to wade through to get to where the new posts would starts. So, again, I?d like to know if anyone would actually care enough to see where the story would actually take off from where I left off before I put in the time and effort required before I sit down and start outlining again and then put in the time to actually start writing.

The good news, as I inferred earlier, is that having lived with this story for going on six years, I?ve got the whole thing outlined in my head, so it would really all come down to revising the outline on sticky cards and setting up the writing outline on a graph (thank god for mirrored closet doors) and then breaking down that graph into chapter outlines and actually doing the writing. Not easy, but doable.

So, I know ask; anyone actually interested?

I?ll hang out and wait to see if any of you are up to the challenge.

Preggers.
  11. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    OMG YES!!!! YES YES YES!!!

I haven't really kept up to date with the boards, but I get updates when you post just to see if you ever update Fear and Love because I enjoyed it so much. Honestly, I've reread it myself because I don't like too much of the newer stuff on the boards...

And WOW 6 years...I feel old now.

But anyways, you and TKL are my favorite authors on the boards. Please for the love of the Force finish this :)

--Lee Ann
  12. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love to see your ending, Preggers! [:D] That said, I'm totally in awe of the time comittment you must make to do this, so whatever you do =D= my hat's off to you for the great work. I'll be reading if you're posting! :D
  13. star_writer24 Jedi Master

star 4
  14. EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Due to DRL issues, I'm turning into a lurker these days. But I still must say YES YES YES!
  15. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Are you saying that you are giving this story another go?

Then absolutely YES YES YES YES YES YES....

uh...

YES! I was going through it again and I just left off right after Cem and TK find out about Jag and Tahiri's mission and Jacen and Tahiri.

Once I am done, I shall and will give it more of review just as long as you like it!!!!

I swear I am gonna pm you my ideas...well I might as well do it now! :D

Keep it coming!! I love your writing!

MJ
  16. carr3107 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please, please, please continue it. I found and read Fear & Love in one sitting before the last 2 updates, which is to say I slogged through 50+ pages of posts to get to the story. I think I finished shortly before the sun rose and I had some explaining to do to my husband. It was that compelling. I would really love it if you would take us through the rest of your story.

17. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. DarthJaded Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I have been a lurker for years and this is one of my fav. stories that I have read on the boards. I would love to read the end of this story. Please continue!!!

DJ
  19. JFEL13 Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are you kidding? Yours are the only threads I read in this forum and the only reason I even started reading Fragile(which I love) was to kill time while I waited on you to finish this one! You better darn well finish this one?

And you're leaving??? What is with all good authors I know leaving these boards?:confused:
  21. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
  22. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Dearest Readers,

I must say, I was shocked by the response you all gave to my asking if anyone was interested in my finishing Fear and Love. Your enthusiasm has gone a long way in buoying my self-esteem as a writer, something I?ve needed in the last several months.

So, here is how it stands, I?m still not entirely sure there are enough readers interested, so if you?re reading this and you haven?t cast a vote on the F&L board, but you are interested in reading, throw in your two cents, and encourage your friends to as well. I?ll be making my final decision based on feed back.

I believe I have a committed Beta, though I?m not totally holding her to that yet due to the fact that we have a ton of work ahead of us and she actually has a life. She and I need to do a complete page one reedit of the story, fix grammar and continuity issues, and then I have to re-outline the second half of the story and start writing, which will be a tremendous amount of work.

Also, this may be a lot of work for all of you. I started posting F&L in Nov of 2005, there are somewhere in the neighborhood or 35 updates spread out over 40 board pages interspersed amongst close to 1000 posts. If any of the new updates are going to make sense to you, and have any real significance, you may need to actually go back and re-read from the beginning, not an easy thing to do, I know. I sat down a few days ago and reread the whole story in two nights, but it was a quick read for me because I know all the little details and the foreshadowing and little tidbits I laid in because I?ve been living with this story for six years. It will likely take you guys longer than that. I will, however, be posting links on page one, to each of the updates so you can click to the pages where the actual posts are. That should make finding the posts easier so you won?t have to scroll through pages with no updates.

I?ll continue to weigh the pros and cons of taking on the task, and as I see what everyone has to say I?ll keep you all up to date on how Beta Girl and I are doing in getting things pulled together. If it just doesn?t feel like there are enough people interested to ignited the mojo required to get this off the ground again, then I?ll let you know that too. But all of your input is appreciated and I want to say again that all of the input and the enthusiasm from those of you who do want to see what happens next in the story has done more to boost my self esteem then I can ever express.

If any of you are missing my writing, please take a look at the story I?m working on now, it may tied you over until I?m able to get the re-edit finished and actually start posting the new chapters of Fear and Love. The new story is called Fragile and can be found here.

Some have said that they think it?s my best work? But I?m not sure any of those people have read Fear and Love. It certainly isn?t as all encompassing, it doesn?t have anywhere near the number of characters or ?ships or the political back drop and is much shorter. But if you like my writing and are looking for a Preggers story to keep you busy while I prep for the launching of the new set of F&L posts, this may suffice.

Again, thank you all for the support. There really are not enough adjectives to express the gratitude I feel for all your support or you interest in my little story. I?m humbled and thrilled at the same time and am very much looking forward to the opportunity to entertain you some more and pray I don?t disappoint after keeping you waiting fro so long.

Preggers.
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
    Read your author's note for 11/06/2009. I'm in the for the new ride! I love fics like you describe--character-driven, full of emotional growth and getting closer as family/couples. :) I agree wholeheartedly about Tenel. Profic likes to turn their strong women into stick figures a 5-year-old would cringe at LOL :p

Huggles!!!!!
  24. IceFire27 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Deluking to say that I would most assuredly read more! I've been waiting for DRL to let you come back. PLEASE, PLEASE contiue this![face_praying]
  25. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
    Just finished the first interlude. Let me say that I've never read a more brilliant, compelling, admirable Tenel Ka, and a better one will be hard to find. =D= And the Cem/TK pairing rocks. It's lovely and fits perfectly. :D :) Now every fanfic I read from now on, I'm going to beg the author to pair them together LOL

Huggles!!!!!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade