main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fear and the Sith: something Dooku said in CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BuriedAlien, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuriedAlien

BuriedAlien Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    In the CLONE WARS cartoon, Dooku said something to the effect that the Sith do not know fear. Doesn't this contradict other information we know about the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force? Isn't fear the catalyst that turns a Force-user to the Dark Side?

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    One of the catalysts, yeah. But once you've turned, you don't feel fear any more. You use it, by all means, by instilling it in others, but you aren't fearful yourself.

Dooku was just pointing out to Ventress that he knew she was bricking it in that arena.

Dig? ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    According to the main site, anakin says "i dont fear" or something like that in ep3

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Your point?

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It's a possible contradiction, but not a real one. It's part of the paradigm.

The Sith rely on fear, but they don't know it themselves. They are consumed with fear, but they aren't afraid of any thing. It is an unattached, floating fear caused by contact with the Dark Side. Perhaps a fear of themselves, or what they've become. . .

6. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear, fear is my ally. - Darth Maul

I don't know if that adds anything to this topic but it just seemed to fit I thought :p

7. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I've found that little line always interesting, especially in light of this particular paragraph in the Episode 3 novelisation...

Luke paused, for he saw something else, as well; something he hadn't seen before in the Emperor. Fear.

Luke saw fear in the Emperor - fear of Luke. Fear of Luke's power, fear this this power could be turned on him, on the Emperor, in the same way that Vader turned it on Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke saw this fear in the Emperor, and he knew, now the, the odds had shifted slightly. He had glimpsed the Emperor's nakedest self. ([face_sick])

With sudden absolute calm, Luke stood upright. He stared directly into the malign ruler's hood.

8. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Naturally, when I typed Episode 3, I actually meant to type Episode 6.

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Fear is just another emotion. The Sith are not immune to it. In fact their more susceptible to it then the Jedi. The Jedi are constantly trying to keep their feelings and emotions in check. Whereas the Sith use their emotions to try and strengthen their control over the Force. Just listen to Palpy in ROTJ, he sounds pretty scared when he gets chucked down the reactor pit. Screamed himself silly all the way down.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.