main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fear Of Failure (young Qui-Gon) - Chapter 4 (13/11/2007)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Fifilla, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I agree with Diane. Qui-Gon should listen to those feelings! And I really want to know about Qui-Gon's first mission. Perhaps you can do that as a back story someday? ;)

Keep up the good work :)

2. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I love this story! I'm glad I found it. Sahria is very cute. [face_love] I like the friendship developing between her and Qui-Gon, and his thoughts about the difference between his experience as a Padawan and Sahria's experience were interesting. For me it sort of foreshadows his relationship with Obi-Wan. :) Excellent job!

You're also building up suspense quite nicely. I'm a bit nervous about whether everyone will make it out of this okay, since you mentioned a big event that would put Qui-Gon in a crisis. [face_worried] Don't keep us in suspense for long! Update soon!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a nice relationship seems to be budding here. :)

?I promise I won?t tell anyone or otherwise my Padawan braid shall shrivel and fall off!? she said solemnly.

Qui-Gon looked at her still very short Padawan braid and began to grin once more. Sahria tugged sheepishly at her hair and giggled. Only a few moments later they both roared again with laughter.

Qui-Gon noticed that even Mys?laron in her seat didn?t sleep ? her upper body was shaking slightly. With a sigh she finally sat up and removed her hood from her face. She was laughing now so hard that she had tears in her eyes.

?Please, Qui-Gon, I beg you, don?t tell this story! I will die from laughter if I hear it once more. I can remember that it was the topic in the temple for weeks. Poor Master Dooku was not very amused about the whole story.?

Qui-Gon?s face was now glaring red. He remembered all too well the incident, Master Dooku?s reaction and the following weeks in the temple.

Mys?laron seemed to have pity on him for she turned to her Padawan and said, ?I think we should leave Qui-Gon alone, look at how embarrassed he already is.?

Qui-Gon tried to send her a grateful smile but then she bent down to Sahria and whispered with a twinkle in her eye, ?I will tell you the story later when we are alone.?

Sahria and Mys?laron began to laugh and for a short moment Qui-Gon didn?t know if he should join them or if he should be angry, but their laughter was simply too contagious to remain serious.

Loved it! [face_laugh] =D=

4. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    I would love to be put on the PM list for this fiction! You've done a fantastic job so far, I can't wait to see more into the past of Qui Gon!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What will happen on Jinn's first mission?

Great update

6. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    PM List:
    jedidas3
    VaderLVR64
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Quigonjecca
    KELIA
    Cole_Kenobi
    Jinngerbread
    dianethx
    BottledUpInside

KELIA:
    That was wonderful.
    Thank you very much! :)
    But now I'm dying to know what happened on his first mission!!
    Perhaps I will tell this story someday? we?ll see. :p

dianethx:
    Poor kid. Although he learned a lot, how much more might he have learned if Dooku had been a different type of master. Oh, well.
    I don?t think Dooku was a very caring Master? poor Qui-Gon, indeed :(

Cole_Kenobi:
    Awww, this chapter had a very nice feeling about it. I love how easily Qui-gon made the situation of working with another master and her padawan. Aha, I love their personalities. I could just picture the girl's reslestness and excitement. I really want to hear this story of Qui-gon's first mission aha. Wonderful update, thanks bunches. :)
    Thank you so much [:D] I?m glad you?re enjoying the story.

jedidas3:
    Wonderful update! =D= I really enjoy how you continue to build up the story that makes the reader wanting more. So how about it? More soon, please? [face_praying]
    Here is the next chapter, I hope you like it.

Jinngerbread:
    And I really want to know about Qui-Gon's first mission. Perhaps you can do that as a back story someday?
    I already have something in mind? but I fear you have to be patient!

Master_Tigris_Leigh:
    I love this story! I'm glad I found it. Sahria is very cute. [face_love] I like the friendship developing between her and Qui-Gon, and his thoughts about the difference between his experience as a Padawan and Sahria's experience were interesting. For me it sort of foreshadows his relationship with Obi-Wan. :) Excellent job!
    Thanks for reading, I?m glad you like it! :)

VaderLVR64:
    What a nice relationship seems to be budding here. :)
    Loved it! [face_laugh] =D=

Thank you so much [face_blush]

BottledUpInside:
    I would love to be put on the PM list for this fiction! You've done a fantastic job so far, I can't wait to see more into the past of Qui Gon!
    You are on the PM list ? thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

earlybird-obi-wan:
    What will happen on Jinn's first mission?
    Not everything will be fun, I can promise that [face_worried]

Chapter 4: Arrival

Chazwa was the third stop on their flight. The three Jedi packed their few belongings and prepared to leave the shuttle.

Once they arrived in Iritsa they first checked into their accommodations. The small hostel was located in a calm side street only a few minutes away from the conference center. The building had a very unimpressive look from the outside but inside it provided the newest technical standard. The Jedi would be able to contact the temple at any time to access the information in the archives or to contact the council if necessary.

On the one hand Chazwa attached great importance to the newest technical standard. The planet had been the mainspring for the formation of a trade alliance. On the other hand the inhabitants of Chazwa didn?t want to abandon their traditions. That was the reason why all of the buildings looked plain and almost old-fashioned from the outside. It was understood that the most current technological advances were embraced by the inhabitants, yet such was so artfully concealed as to be nearly invisible. But as soon as one was able to see behind the curtain, a technical standard appeared that was by no means inferior to that on Coruscant. On the contrary, the Chazwanians loved to purchase the newest technical gimmicks and to artfully integrate them in their antiquated looking houses or companies.

After they had moved into their accommodations ? Sahria was delighted that she had obviously got the biggest of the three rooms ? they met

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice descriptions of the planet and that security person is nice. But what is Qui-Gon sensing?

Great update

8. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Ah! Cliffhangar! Great post :) I loved the descriptions of the traditional furnishings and such, I could really picture everything that was going on. I can't wait to find out what happens!

~Jen~

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great cliffie! :D

Looking forward to more! =D=

10. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

The three Jedi said goodbye to Gabler and stepped down the stairs in front of the main building. They had barely reached the street level when Qui-Gon and Mys?laron suddenly stopped.

Something was wrong; the Force stirred and whispered a warning in their minds.

Ahhh horrible place to stop! I was getting good and interested and then the post just ends ;) :p I guess that's the mark of a good cliffe! Hope to see more soon :D

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007

I have a bad feeling about this!;)

Wonderful update!=D= I'm anxiously waiting for more. Oh by the way, I can't remember if I asked to be on the PM list, :oops: so just in case, please add me.

12. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Eee! A cliffie!, I knew it! Aha, something exciting would happen, I wonder what the threat is! Aha, loved how Qui-gon liked the weather, I thought that sort of funny since I too, also love cold weather. lol :p

Great chapter! Thanks for the PM!

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved Sahria's enthusiastic reactions to Chazwa

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting. It would seem that it is all pretty straightforward except for Qui-Gon's feelings. They keep mentioning rain, though. I wonder why...

Good job. Looking forward to more.

15. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Agh! No! A cliffhanger!!! :eek: Blast, now I will have to be patient until your next post. :p Wonderful update, I loved your descriptions! Can't wait to see what the source of the warning will be. Great job! =D=

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Excellent story all around, =D= please add me to the PM list.

17. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan:
    Great update
    Thank you! I?m glad you enjoy the story :)

BottledUpInside:
    Ah! Cliffhangar!
    I can't wait to find out what happens!

I love cliffhangers ;) [face_devil] ? I hope the solution will please you.

VaderLVR64:
    Great cliffie!
    Thanks a lot for reading! Cliffhangers are fun to write :D

Jinngerbread:
    Ahhh horrible place to stop! I was getting good and interested and then the post just ends
    I?m sorry you have to wait for such a long time? Thanks for reading!

jedidas3:
    Oh by the way, I can't remember if I asked to be on the PM list, :oops: so just in case, please add me.
    Again, I?m sorry ? your last PM got lost somehow [face_plain] but you are definitely on the list!

Cole_Kenobi:
    Aha, loved how Qui-gon liked the weather, I thought that sort of funny since I too, also love cold weather.
    I also love stormy and cold weather :)
    Thanks a lot for reading.

KELIA:
    Uh oh!
    [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

You don?t have to worry too much? I think [face_devil] ;)

dianethx:
    They keep mentioning rain, though. I wonder why...
    There?s nothing special about the rain ? the good weather is just a good omen for the Chazwanians.
    Thank you for reading :)

Master_Tigris_Leigh:
    Blast, now I will have to be patient until your next post.
    Wonderful update, I loved your descriptions!

Thanks a lot. I?m sorry you have to be patient for so long. :(

RX_Sith:
    Excellent story all around, =D= please add me to the PM list.
    Thank you so much ? you are on the PM list :)

Real life is a bit busy at the moment and I'm struggling with the next chapters [face_plain] [face_worried]
    I'm very sorry, but you have to wait a little longer for the next update... I promise to hurry up!

18. Cheesia

Cheesia Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2007
    Muahahaha! I found you! I was reading this on fanfiction.net and there were only three chapters. Now there are four. How about five?

19. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Good fic.

Please PM me when you update.

EG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.