main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Feather in the Foxhole: A Harry Potter RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by blubeast1237, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Okay everyone. This week, as most of you know, is a holiday week. Things are going to be slow around here and very busy in RL. I will get as many posts as I can in... but I must tell y'all that they'll be few and far between. Don't worry, I haven't left you. Feel free to enjoy your holiday week!!!

Have a good Fourth of July!!![face_flag] [face_flag]

(Or if you're Canadian, have a good first and second of July :p)

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Drucilla Lestrange

Quidditch Pitch, Second Field

Drew had her team already except for Andrew as Keeper. She was really hoping he would say yes. Though he was a mudblood he never had any brushes with Dru and her gang. She knew that most students didnt like her other than the Slytherins but she didint care.

She waited for his answer and at first he seemed hesitant but finally he answered her. "Sure," he said and left it at that.

Now that the team was complete they needed to know the positions. Drew gathered her team together and announced positions.

"Ok Mandy Schearr and Timothy Boot can be the beaters while Rachel Green, Alistar Sanders and Umbirius Tablor can play the chasers. Andrew would be good to play keeper and i will be the seeker. Now we need a team name. I was thinking of the Red Dragons."

U looked at Dru and said that he liked it as well as the other Slytherins. The two Ravenclaw beaters were nodding in agreement but Du couldnt tell what Andrew thought for he seemed a bit quiet.

"Sound good Andrew?"

TAG: Hammurabi

3. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Basil Fenris- 2nd pitch
    As Basil waited for his fellow proffesor to reply he noticed most of the teams seemed to have been formed and that Drucilla Lestrange was one of the captains. He didn't know why he found the young girl so impressive but he had heard things about her granted most rumers proved false but he really would have to get her to stand out in his dueling class. That is if she scheduled it into her schedule. He also taught advance magic after schooling hours 3 times a week and if he remembered she was amoung the first to ask about it. With a slight wave Basil said hello to the girl and wished her luck for this next year.
    Tag: Drucilla Lestrange and any on the pitch

4. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Adam Guild
    DADA Classroom

Adam watch D?s spellwork intently, not paying to much attention to what he was actually doing until Ore?s chair crashed to the ground in half a dozen pieces. ?Nice one D,? he whispered, ?that was some impress??
    He stopped as Professor Longbottom looked up, ?Deatrimijous! You have lost Gryffindor 20 points." He said sternly. "And you must give him your chair and you can stand through the whole class."
    ?How?d he spot that?? Adam muttered, ?that was some seriously sneaky spellwork, I doubt anyone would have noticed it unless they we watching you mate.?

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame

5. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Roxy Tonks

Roxy listened to the professor give the instructions to assemble teams. Her mind was really on the task and well, she was good at telling the stories about quidditch, not really great at playing. That wasn't to say that she couldn't play, she just wasn't the best.

She got into a team of some Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors. Drucilla was the captain of one of the teams. Tony Alberts from Gryffindor was their team captain. Roxy wondered how it would all turn out.

Tag: sixth years

6. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Deatrimijous Clark
    DADA Classroom

D gaped in awe at the professor. How had he seen him. He had made sure that the professor wasn't looking his way. He slid his chair to his rival and sat gently n the seat behind him. Adam then asked the question he was asking himself.

"I don't know Adam. But, after class I'm finding out."

D quickly thought of a plan.

"Alright, I need a distraction. After class say that you saw people dueling in the halls. Don't worry about no one being there. Just make sure he is out of class for a good ten minutes. Tell him that they ran some direction. Then I'm going to sneak in here and find out what's up. You up for it?"

Tag: Fanfic

7. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    IC: Basil Fenris 2nd Quidicth pitch
    Basil watch the students as they prepaired to begin there little games or practices.
    He was amazed at the speed of the new brooms and could feel there excitement as each team had
    finished forming. Now they just awaited for the professors next command and the action would begain. As Basil pondered what he would need to do over the next few days he felt a few drops of drizzle but if anyone truely wanted to play the old sport then getting a little wet was harmless. Actually it made it more fun in Basil's opinion.
    Tag: Any

8. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: Sorry for the delay

ic: Maya Yubari
    Quidditch Training

Maya was shocked when Dru asked Andre to join her team, but even more shocked when he said yes. She couldn't help but laugh when Dru suggested The Red Dragons as her teams name and smiled as she walked past Andre to the other team.

"Good luck... Andrew!" She joked, playing on Dru's mispronunciation of his name.

She made it over to the other team and stood next to Roxy. "Right, who's going to be what position then? I'll be seeker."

tag: 6th years

9. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Lilly-Rose Weasley
    Practice Field

Sitting in the scorekeeper's pit, she watched quietly while the rest of the class split into teams, Drucilla quickly taking charge of one and claiming Umbirius, a couple of Slytherins, and Timothy Boot and Mandy Schearr from Ravenclaw--Lilly-Rose felt sorry for them--for her team. Then, much to her surprise, Drucilla asked Andre Moreaux to join her team. Even more surprising, Andre accepted the offer, and Drucilla began appointing positions, then suggesting names for the team. Looking over to the other group, Lilly-Rose saw that Maya and Roxy were left with a handful of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students, and were trying to sort out who was playing what position. Oh, hurry up already... The problem with scorekeeping was that there wasn't much for her to do until the game started, and she was beginning to get bored.

Tag: Flying Class

10. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Roxy

Maya appeared next to Roxy. Roxy smiled at her and took a deep sigh. She was getting bored.

"Right, who's going to be what position then? I'll be seeker."
    Roxy looked at the others on the team and shrugged her shoulders.

"That sounds good to me. I can play keeper if no one else wants to."

Tag: GM, 6th years

11. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Awsome job, everyone! Okay, I'm back in town and a big update is underway! Keep up the good work!

12. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    Adam Guild
    DADA Classroom

"Alright, I need a distraction. After class say that you saw people dueling in the halls. Don't worry about no one being there. Just make sure he is out of class for a good ten minutes. Tell him that they ran some direction. Then I'm going to sneak in here and find out what's up. You up for it?"

?Mate I got it covered. If Peeves is around he might even lend me a hand, he?s always up for giving the teachers trouble.?
    Adam settled back into his work, but already his was working up a plot keep Professor Longbottom away from his classroom. If only Professor Weasley hadn?t taken my fireworks. I gotta get in touch with Fred and George. Somehow? Shaking his head slightly, Adam pulled his mind away from acquiring new fireworks and back to distracting Professor Longbottom.

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, LeiaHair (if needed)

13. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Okay, here we go. The rules for playing Quidditch: Try to stay in character, don't do the impossible, give other's a chance to react to your action, NO GODMODING! (But anyone can move NRCs.) Other than that, anything goes. I want how you play the Quidditch game to effect the outcome of the game. Same goes for housepoints. I am really keeping track of housepoints (from this point on). No one house is garunteed to win anything.

Any specific questions can be PMed to me. I will reply as soon as I can. I got grounded last night (yikes!) and might not be online today or tomorrow (I'm at school right now), but I will get back to you ASAP!

Everyone's doing a great job! And keep up the hard work!

Professor Alan Silvee
    Quidditch Pitch, Practice Field

Folding his arms, Silvee nodded, pleased at the development of the teams. Turning to Professor Fenris, he smiled, his teeth as sharp as his chin. ?No, not forming a team. The headmaster thought it would be good for them to play a game or too before we get too far into the semester.? Quickly, Silvee bent over and picked up a decent sized box and held it open for Professor Fenris. Inside were the four balls used in the game and a large silver whistle. ?Basil, I was wondering, with your background in the game, if you would be our guest ref. I?m afraid the students would think me unfair, being the head of the Slytherine house and all. And I hope to be flying around, giving pointers to the students.?

Handing the box to Basil, Silvee took a few steps towards the students. ?Alright! Looks like everyone has gotten into teams and we?re ready to start.?

Professor Silvee quickly ran over to Lilly-Rose Weasley to get the names of the 4 teams. Reading the names, he quickly lifted his wand into the air and mumbled a spell. Golden lines quickly formed in the sky above him, creating a bracket with the team names on them.

?The Red Dragons will play The Sarcophaguses first.? Silvee announced. The far team, which was made up of what was left of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students, groaned. They knew there wasn?t a chance of winning against Drucilla and her team. ?After that game, The Centaurs will play the? Lemon Drops?? Laughter exploded from a group of students to his left, obviously the Lemon Drops. Looking over the students in the team, Silvee understood why they were called so. They had no interest in playing the game.

?Let?s get started!?

The bracket now flashed brightly as The Centaurs? name moved up to the bracket with The Red Dragons. Silvee smiled as the rain pelted harder against his face. This game would prove to be more entertaining than the two preceding it. House rivalries would play a major role in this one. It was basically Slytherine vs. Gryffindor.

?Okay, Red Dragons, get into your places! Same to you, Centaurs!?

Silvee almost couldn?t hold his excitement in.

TAG: Sixth Years

Headmaster Robert Glistar, Josephine Weasley, Victoria Riddle, and other First Years
    Quidditch Pitch, Practice Field

Glistar quickly dismissed the class to the seats nearby. He, himself, had decided to plop down in the nearest seat, pulling out a grey umbrella from within his black robes.

Victoria had let go of Josephine?s arm and was now staring up at the older students who were floating above her head. Her blue eyes were large with surprise. She had never seen a Quidditch game with her own eyes! It was all she could do not to jump up and down with excitement.

?When do we get to play?? She whispered to Josephine.

?I don?t know?? Josephine replied sheepishly. She didn?t want to play? she couldn?t play?. She had never played. Quickly, she spotted her cousin Lilly-Rose on the far side of the Practice Pitch. ?C?mon.? she said. It was her turn to pull Victoria around.

?Hey, Lilly-Rose!? She called out as she approached her adopted cousin, who seemed bored out of her mind as she prepared to score for the next game. ?She?s my cousin.? Josephine whispered to Victoria as the two girl

14. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Lilly-Rose Weasley
    Pratice Field

Grateful for the short break between games, Lilly-Rose got up to move around for a bit, before she sat down again and drew up the scorecard for the next match. As she watched the players taking their positions, she heard someone call her name. Searching for the source, she soon spotted her cousin Josephine approaching with another first year. For a moment, she wondered what they were doing down here when they were supposed to be in class, but upon closer inspection of the field, she saw Headmaster Glistar on the far end with a sizeable group of younger students, presumably first-years. She assumed he had relieved them of their classwork and brought them down to watch as a sort of treat.

?Lilly-Rose, this is Victoria Riddle,? Josephine said as the two girls came to a stop just in front of her.

Victoria smiled, trying not to blush, and held her hand out to Lilly-Rose. ?You can call me Tory.?

Lilly-Rose shook the girl's hand, returning her smile. "It's nice to meet you, Tory." When she released Victoria's hand, she took a second to make sure the game hadn't started before turning back to the two girls. "How's your first day going?" she asked them.

Tag: LeiaHair

15. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Basil Fenris -Second Pitch
    Basil should have been honored to be the guest ref but for some reason things felt a little wrong. Most of the students knew him but only by reputation. Being the equal to the Minister of Magic in america and once a nearly famous seeker almost everyone had at lest heard his name. Yet here he was dueling instructer and guest ref at Hogwarts. Not to mention the fact he had to keep an eye on the forbidden forest to ensure no students decieded to Lurk to far into it.
    One would almost think Basil was the only teacher talented enough to do things here but he knew that wasn't the case many powerful and talented witches and wizards a like where teaching subjects at Hogwarts. "All right student's on my mark the games will begin you all know me." said the old wizard. With a flick of his wand the chest opened releasing the to bludgers into the dark sky and once more with another flick of his wrist the remaining Items leaped into the air and the game was on. The wind had managed to pick up and Basil's fellow teacher seemed to be ready to give pointers before Basil could even release the snitch.
    The some of the students seemed to very skilled in the old sport and Basil was intriged at which teams would win. Although Basil was not the headmaster or even a head of house deep down he still loved the houses of Ravenclaw and Slitherian. Yet he was a professor and very few actually knew of his bloodline. Even less had known of his support to the dark wizard and those who did normally didn't live long or where death eaters. This never stopped Basil though for he was amoung the few to ever repel Voldermort.
    Returning his attention to the game Basil noticed a young slitherian trying to sneek his way into the game. On which team he would find out later but with a silent spell the student quickly remembered something he needed to do and left with out a single word.
    Tag: Everyone

16. Melot

Melot Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2007
    GM APPROVED

Name: Roque Alcazar
    House: Gryffindor
    Year: ?

[image=http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/simplyirresistablex3/roque.jpg]

Magical Understanding: above average
    Quidditch Skills and/or Position: (only if he/she plays) no experience
    Dueling: no experience
    Best Class: Roque is adept in charms and potions, but is most proficient in herbology

Appearance
    Hair Color/style:
    coarse, dark brown waves but he usually keeps it cropped close to his head.
    Eye Color: hazel eyes, caramel complexion
    Build: 5?6? with a slender frame and lean physique, the latter due to years of nonstop fútbol games.
    Out of School clothes:
    Wand: Roque learned to use magic without a wand
    Accessories: (Brooms, special cloaks, personal items, etc.)
    Pet: a margay named Sombra and about thirty coquí

[image=http://www.bocashouseboats.com/bocashouseboats/images/margay.jpg]
    Sombra

[image=http://organizations.missouristate.edu/sigmaalphachi/coqui.jpg]
    coquí

Personality: Roque prides himself in being observant, a skill earned as the youngest child. He appears to be soft spoken and timid, but is really quite approachable.
    Traits: Like his grandmother, Roque is left handed and slightly possessing of the Sight.
    Habits: Roque tends to furrow his brows in concentration or frustration, and has the tendency to rub his eyebrows when fatigued. Unless, he is

Biography: Roque was born in small village at the rim of El Yunque in Puerto Rico. Like his older brothers, Roque enjoyed attending the small school taught by a red-haired lady from Minnesota with a funny accent. After waking up and chores were done, the boys began a fútbol game with other children in the village which continued until the school bell chimed them into class and continued during recess, lunch and the early afternoon once the school day had finished. Weekends consisted of more fútbol and excursions into the surrounding rainforest where the boys explored the Taino ruins. What Roque enjoyed most, was his abuela?s small hut further into the rainforest, about a mile from the rest of the village.

When he was eight, Roque?s grandmother began teaching him the ways of a healer when he was not at the red-haired lady?s missionary school. She thought it important the old ways did not die. More than that, Roque was the seventh son of the seventh son and was born with a greater inclination for the magic that was dying in their lands. Under his grandmother?s care, Roque studied the healing powers of his Taino ancestors as well as the powerful magic of his African ancestors brought to the islands by the Spaniards.

17. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    GM OCC: I'm going to wait for a few more responces before I start in on the Quidditch game.

THIS IS THE WEEK!!! THE BOOK COMES OUT!!!

I must warn every one of you that I will be taking what happens and fit it into our game as best as I can. I understand that it may be hard because we have started without knowing anything about the book, but I will try to fit it in. I will try not to spoil anything for a while so that everyone has had a chance to read it. Not all of are as crazy as myself and stay up the whole night reading it. (Or maybe y'all are!?!) Please, if you have time, read the book! It will be key to what happens in our story (and sure to be a good read!)

Thank you for waiting! And let us continue with our game,
    which has been nomitated for Best New RPG! Let's show them why we diserve to win!!!!

Welcome, Melot, to the game!

WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING CHARACTER SHEETS! PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

Happy Posting [face_dancing]

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Back from CE! What a brilliant weekend :)

IC: Kendrix McCully
    In the carriage, en route to an unknown location

?Never has anyone been so kind to Hecker! Mistress McCully is by far the nicest witch Hecker has ever met! Thank you! Hecker will always be in your debt!?

Kendrix smiled gently at the house elf before looking back to her book, but didn't get very far as she found herself yawning and a slight wave of tiredness washed over her. She put the book to one side and looked at Hecker again. She always got like this on long trips, whether it was in a wizards carraige or her parents muggle Nissan Micra.

"Sorry, I never was one to travel well"

She said to the elf lightheartedly. But then thought for a few seconds, choosing her next words carefully, so she hopefully wouldn't offend him

"Hecker, I hope you don't mind me asking but, the wizarding family you serve...what are they like?"

TAG: Leiahair

19. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    IC: Rhys

Rhys smiled as he took the Butterbeer from Fromp. He glugged a large mouthful and belched loudly. "Y'know Fromp, maybe your not all that bad."

?I can not tell you what is going on. My master has instructed me to keep you in the dark. ?Not literally, Fromp? just don?t tell them anything.? He said. It would?ve been more fun the other way?. Don?t worry, Master, we?re almost there.?

As Rhys prepared to speak Fromp quickly cut in ?We?ll be there in a few days.? Rhys squinted his eyes and stared at him over the rim of his mug.
    "Well Fromp, who is not literally keeping me in the dark, I'm guessing you know a bit about me. So tell me about you. What's your family like? Are they Muggles, mudbloods or what?"
    Rhys suspected that the Elf belonged to a pure blood family as it was mainly pure bloods who kept up the tradition of using House Elves.. He deliberately used the word mudblood in a derogatory way and hoped it would help build a rapport with the disgusting thing.

TAG: Leiahair

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    OOC: Sorry to say this but right now i have no internet access and will regretably have to drop out of this RPG. I wish you all the best with it.:)

21. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    OOC: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. You were fun to role play with. I wish you well.

SWB

OOOC: Will have a post up soon.

22. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Character Sheet

Name: Devin Finnegin
    House: Griffyndor
    Year: 4
    Relationships: Parents are Seamus Finnegin and Katie Bell, Twin Brother is Patrick Finnegin

You can be superior, average, or poor in these abilities, but you can only be superior at one.
    Magical Understanding: Average
    Dueling: Superior
    Best Class: Defense against the Dark Arts

Appearance: Almost identical to Seamus
    Hair Color/style: Brown, Crew Cut
    Eye Color: Blue
    Build: Medium
    Out of School clothes: Manchester United Tee-Shirt and Jeans
    Wand: 16" Cherry Wood with Phoenix core
    Accessories: Couldren, Textbooks
    Pet: Reven (Owl)
    Personality: Fiery like his father was
    Traits: Hard Worker, somewhat of a womanizer
    Dislikes: Mean Teachers, unfair people, and Slytherins.
    Habits: Stays up all night doing homework. (Kinda like a male Hermione)

Bio- Devin is the son of Seamus Finnegin and Katie Bell and twin brother to Seamus Finnegin. His father was in the same year as Harry Potter, while his mother was a year older. Devin has heard many stories about Harry's exploits and hopes that he could be a great wizard like him. Devin's dream is to be an Auror like his Dad. His mom now playes for the Chudley Channons, who have been on a 80 game winning streak. Devin comes back for his 4rd year this year, and is excited to finally be able to visit Hogsmede more often.

23. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: I'm sorry for my absence - I was away on a trip for a while, and then (of course) there was a certain book I was occupied with. If all goes well, though, expect a post later today.

24. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    GM OOC:

Alright, my friends... we are at a cross roads. I have just (yes just!) finished reading Harry Potter and we have a decision to make. I will not go into details so that I do not ruin the book for those of you who haven't read it yet. But, if we wish to follow the book, we must start back from the begining. I will start a new thread (Still called Feather in a Foxhole) and it will incorporate everything from the book.

OR

We can continue this one like the other book never happened. We can play this off as an alturnate universe.

Personally, I'd like to start over... but this is not just my decision. I want to hear what you have to say. OOCs are allowed AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T NOT CONTAINS SPOILERS. (You may use black on black if you wish to express anything that could give away anytyhing
    like this for example. PMs are also welcome or you may email me at adnama920@aol.com

I will be making the decision within the next 48 hours... so I'd like to here what everyone's got to say.

A few questions I suspect may be running through your mind:

-Can we keep our characters if we do infact make a new thread?
    -----Answer: Yes, as long as they comply with the newest book.

-What will the timeline be if we do make a new thread?
    -----Answer: Similar to this... but it will be actually 19 years after this latest book.

-If we continue here, will we try to fit any new stuff in?
    -----Answer: Yes, whatever I can fit into it. If we do keep this one, I will help 'discover' what happened between Harry and Voldemort.

-Will you still GM?
    -----Answer: If you still want me.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. This game is OURS, not mine... so please let me know!

Thanks so much
    -LH-

25. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    Adam Guild
    DADA Classroom

As soon as Professor Longbottom dismissed the class Adam made his way out into the hall. He took a short cut up to the second floor then pulled out his wand and checked to make sure no one else was around. Seeing the corridor temporarily empty he quickly cast unbreakable charms on two of the suits of armour lining the hallway, then added a shield charm that would hopefully hold off professor Longbottom?s spells for a while. Satisfied that they should keep the teacher tied up for a bit, he pointed his wand towards both suits, ?Oppungo! ?
    Adam didn?t wait to see the results of his spell, but the loud crashing behind him told him that it had worked. He carefully sculpted fear onto his features before bursting out the far end of the secret corridor, where a small group of Ravenclaw second years were on their way to their next class, ?quick! Run and get professor Longbottom. There?s two suits of armour attacking students in the second floor corridor!?
    As the younger student ran off to find the DADA teacher, Adam headed off in the other direction, there?s your distraction mate, make the most of it.

OOC: I'm good with either option. On one hand, we're established here and going pretty well. On the other, there's a number of difference between the book and our game. Molly Weasley should be DADA professor lol
    I'm good with either choice to be honest. Which ever way you go LeiaHair, I'm there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.