main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Feather in the Foxhole: A Harry Potter RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by blubeast1237, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    IC: Rhys

"Will you walk me to the quidditch field before you go?"

Rhys gabbled incoherently and nodded quickly. He turned and began stepping onto a staircase that wasn't there but was stopped by a cry from Faffle.
    "Oh! errr... I mean... that is to say..." he laughed softly and smiled at Roxy. "I'd love to walk you to the Quidditch field Rox."

He offered his arm to her and let Faffle perch on his shoulder as they made their way to the grounds.

TAG: Roxy

2. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Roxy

"Oh! errr... I mean... that is to say..." "I'd love to walk you to the Quidditch field Rox."

Roxy gladly took Rhys's arm. She was going to walk a little slow today. She knew how to fly already and could play quidditch so there was no reason to rush and well, this was her last few minutes with Rhys and she wanted it to last.

"Rhys? Are they going to let you write people while you are gone? Are you going to come back occasionally? Did they tell you what you will be up against?"

Roxy realized that she had just asked him three questions and hadn't given him even a second to answer. The girl looked up at him with wonder in her eyes, waiting for his answer.

Tag: Rhys

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Kendrix McCully
    Hogwarts grounds

Kendrix walked slowly through the school grounds, Dread the troll lumbering along behind her. This whole leaving thing had happened so quickly, she hadn't had a chance to even contemplate where abouts to set up her home from home. She turned to the troll and sighed exasperated

"Don't suppose you have any suggestions?..."

The troll just drooled and gave her a dumb look and continued walking. Kendrix shrugged and thought back to the times she had walked the grounds. She remembered a bunch of small forested clearings by the lake that would possibly be suitable, as long as she didn't aggrivate the merpeople, she should be fine. Turning to Dread, she indicated the direction that she wanted to go and taking a quick look back at the castle, set off on the short hike to the lakeside

TAG: BluBeast

4. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Ravenclaw Tower

Maya sighed as she rushed up to her room to change, what she really wanted was a relaxing bath... but then Hogwarts wasn't a place you went if you wished to relax. After cleaning the hair affected by the sandwich with a damp cloth, she always found that when cleaning a simple muggle technique worked better than magic, she grabbed her dark yellow quidditch robes and tied her hair.

Walking down into the common room, broom in hand, she saw Andre. He looked surprisingly suave in his quidditch gear for someone that had had less then 5 minutes to get ready. She caught her relection in a mirror and came to the conclusion she didn't look too bad either, her hair was tied in two loose buns on the top of her head and her long, dangling earings had been replaced by small silver rings giving a natural feel to her look.

"We shape up pretty nicely." Maya said grinning at Andre. She then looked up the large grandfather clock in the corner and shook her head. "Still not sure we'll make it to class on time though. Any ideas?"

She noticed him eying the window and shook her head as his idea dawned on her. "You are a maniac Andre Moreaux. Shall we?"

tag: Hammurabi

5. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Andre Moreaux
    Ravenclaw Tower

"Why not?" Andre asked as he walked out to the Ravenclaw balcony. Though designed for astrological observations, the deck served nicely as a launching pad. Gripping his broom, Andre launched into the air. The quidditch pitch was only a short flight away, and within a couple of minutes, Andre (presumably followed by Maya) landed amongst the gathering group of students.

Tag: Darth_Joesha, blubeast, the quidditch pitch

6. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

"Rhys? Are they going to let you write people while you are gone? Are you going to come back occasionally? Did they tell you what you will be up against?"

Rhys smiled. "I don't know, I don't know and no - in that order. I'll write whenever I can and send the occasional Howler, but I've got a feeling I won't be back for a while."

They carried on walking for a a few minutes and Rhys suddenly stopped, pulled away and shook his head.
    "I don't know, Rox. Something just feels... wrong about all of this. I don't any Aurors who have been given official duties without qualifications. Do you think it has something to do with those Muggle attacks and the Death Eaters?"

Tag; Beauty

7. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005

"I don't know, I don't know and no - in that order. I'll write whenever I can and send the occasional Howler, but I've got a feeling I won't be back for a while."

Roxy continued to walk. All she could think about was how those were not the answers she was wanting.

Rhys caught Roxy by surprise when he pulled away.

"I don't know, Rox. Something just feels... wrong about all of this. I don't any Aurors who have been given official duties without qualifications. Do you think it has something to do with those Muggle attacks and the Death Eaters?"

Roxy shrugged her shoulders at him. She had no idea.

"Maybe they think that since it was teenagers who did it that you guys could do it better than the adults. Or that it is small enough that it would be good training. I don't know. Probably. None of it makes sense Rhys."

Roxy looked at the grass and her shoes before she looked back up at the worried face of Rhys.

"Rhys? Are you scared?"

She was.

Tag: Sadis

8. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Was he scared? Was he anxious? It wasn't the fear of death, or the fear of pain or loss or anything else which terrified him... it was the fear that he might become something he never wanted to be.
    There were always rumours or stories of rogue Aurors going bad, or normal, happy wizards becoming grim, death seeking hunters after the training - and that isn't what Rhys wanted.

Roxy was still waiting for an answer, and he couldn't tell her the truth. He smiled and put his arm around her.
    "Scared? Me? Come on Rox, I'm a Slytherin! I've seen scarier things than Death Eaters under Butch's bed."

He hurried along, eager to end this walk that was both painful and gratifiying. He was glad he had these last few minutes with Roxy, but disappointed they would be ending so soon.

Tag: Roxy

9. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005

Roxy didn't take her eyes off of Rhys while she was waiting for him to answer her latest question. He was taking awhile to answer so she figured he was scared. He put his arm around her and Roxy took a deep breath.

Scared? Me? Come on Rox, I'm a Slytherin! I've seen scarier things than Death Eaters under Butch's bed."

Roxy laughed but knew that he wasn't telling her the truth. Yes, he was a slytherin, but he wasn't like the rest of them.

She kinda had a hard time keeping up with his pace of walking. She wondered if he wanted the walk to end. She didn't. When it ended, all she could do is wait for his first letter. One thing Roxy did know was that she would definitely have something to write in her diary.

"I'm glad we got to have this walk." Roxy left it at that because she didn't know what else to say.

10. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

The discomfort came back as he looked into her eyes.

"I'm sorry Roxy, I'm so sorry. I didn't want it to happen like this... Just to let you know I was going to ask you to the Christmas ball this year, but I don't know if I'll even be here now."

He turned silent again and expressed a lot of interest in something on his shoe for a minute. He looked back to Roxy and had a tear in his eye... a manly, wizardly, Slytherin tear of course.

"Roxy... I... I don't want to go, but I have to. I'll write whenever I can, and try and sneak back as often as possible. But I need to... I have to say... ummm."

Rhys continued to stumble over his words. Like a typical boy, he had problems expressing what he really wanted to say, but he hoped Roxy would understand and take over for him. He found this thing really difficult.

11. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Deatrimijous
    Stairwell to Gryffindor Tower

D thought about it for a second and relized how much time they had spent talking.

"Shoot, we have to get to class. Sorry about lunch, that food fight was started because of me. If I hadn't angered Ore then you would have had time to eat."

D looked at her apologetically and started backing away towards the hidden passage. As he was about to disappear he put up his hands like he was shooting her and smiled. Then he dropped out of sight. He quickly climbed down the tunnel to another hallway and climbed out looking around.

D ran to another set of stairs that led to the 3rd Floor and leapt down them four at a time. He turned the corner and slid down the banister and landed on his feet sliding across the Third Floor tile. He pushed off the wall and ran down the corridor and came to another sliding stop in front of the Defense Against the Dark Arts door.

De entered and sat down in a seat in the middle of his class. He pulled out his wand and twirled it in his fingers waiting for Adam and the rest of the Fourth Years.

Tag: Fanfic and Beast

12. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    A Note to the Players from your GM (As transcribed by R_Zion): BluBeast sends his apologies for not having posted lately, but he's been suffering from some headaches the last few days and before that some sickness in his family, so he's been preoccupied.

While still feeling rather weak, he will TRY to get a post up this evening if he can muster the energy. Thank you all for your patience and Beast will be back amongst you before you know it!

13. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005

"I'm sorry Roxy, I'm so sorry. I didn't want it to happen like this... Just to let you know I was going to ask you to the Christmas ball this year, but I don't know if I'll even be here now."

All Roxy could think was how sweet that sounded and how he had made her dream come true. Finally she would go with a boy that she was actually interested in. Well, if he could get here for it. For a split second, Roxy was happy. Until she looked at Rhys and saw the tear. He even looked good crying.

"Roxy... I... I don't want to go, but I have to. I'll write whenever I can, and try and sneak back as often as possible. But I need to... I have to say... ummm."

Roxy's eyes got wide at the anticipation of what he was going to say next. She listened to him stumble over his words and she had to stop herself from laughing. Roxy knew that some guys needed help with this type of thing, but she didn't want to put words into his mouth and she didn't want to look like a total idiot by saying what she felt if he didn't feel it too.

"You wanted to say?" She smiled up at him and took his hand. "It is ok Rhys. Just relax and say what you need." Mentally, she was hoping he would say what she wanted to say to him.

Tag: sadis

14. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Rhys rubbed his head and looked around the halls. He pulled a piece of chocolate from his pocket and fed it to Faffle.
    "Err, I was trying to say... that... maybe it'd be okay to, y'know, maybe get a drink or something sometime... When I get back obviously."
    He cleared his throat and used his sleeve to wipe the thin film of perspiration that had covered his forehead.
    "Because I like you Roxy. I really like you... And I don't want to leave, but I have to be an Auror."

15. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Adam Guild
    Gryffindor Common room

Almost as soon as he reached the common room he had turn around and leave again. He just had time to grab his books for Defence Against the Dark Arts before he was leaving again.
    He glanced at his watch as he left the tower, hmm, 6 floors in 5 minutes? Gonna be fun. With a grin he set of sprinting towards the stairs. Before they could switch back on themselves he launched himself over the railing, twisting in midair to drop down onto the next part of the stairs. At the next landing he leapt up onto the railing, which muttered a half hearted protest, then launched himself over to another staircase. He vaulted the railing halfway down again, this time landing right in front of two lost looking 1st years. ?Sorry,? he grinned at them, ?don?t mind me.? Then he was off down the hallways, speeding past the library and pushing through a tapestry into the hidden corridor beyond. He burst out the other end onto yet another staircase. This one took him the rest of the way down to the first floor. He skidded to a stop outside the DADA classroom and took a moment to catch his breath. He did quick check of his watch and nodded his head in satisfaction, 6 floors in 3 minutes? Not bad.
    He opened the door and walked in, most of the class was here this close to lesson time, but D had saved him a spot near the middle.
    ?Where?d you vanish to mate?? Adam asked as he slipped into his seat, ?you missed one hell of a food fight. I think there?s still chips swooping people down in the hall.?

TAG: Nick

16. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Deatrimijous Clark
    DADA

"Don't worry, I got to see the best of it. I got Ore right across the face with a huge slab of meat and then when he turned to run I got him in the back with a pie. Too bad I missed his you know what."

D smiled at Adam and waited for the lesson to begin. They had been studying werewolves early and d brushed up on his facts while the professor dilly-dally away the class.

Tag: Fanfic and Beast

17. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005

Roxy could tell that Rhys was nervous. He fed the bird on his shoulder and kept looking around. This was a good sign.

"Err, I was trying to say... that... maybe it'd be okay to, y'know, maybe get a drink or something sometime... When I get back obviously."

Roxy smiled and waited for him to finish.

"Because I like you Roxy. I really like you... And I don't want to leave, but I have to be an Auror."

Roxy had to stop herself from squealing at the top of her lungs. Instead, she let out a small squeal and threw her arms around Rhys's neck. Realizing what she had done, Roxy quickly composed herself.

"Rhys, I really like you too! I completely and totally understand why you are leaving and I'm going to miss you, but when you come back we will get a drink and go to the Christmas ball! And until then we can write to each other and I will keep you posted on the latest Hogwarts news and you can tell me all about the exciting Auror life!"

The girl couldn't stop smiling and now she could hardly stop talking. She couldn't wait to tell all of her friends.

"I've waited a long time to hear you say that."

Deciding that it was alright, Roxy hugged him again and then waited for him to speak.

18. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Rhys was beaming. He hugged her back and smiled like a loon.

"Rhys, I really like you too! I completely and totally understand why you are leaving and I'm going to miss you, but when you come back we will get a drink and go to the Christmas ball! And until then we can write to each other and I will keep you posted on the latest Hogwarts news and you can tell me all about the exciting Auror life!"

"I've waited a long time to hear you say that."

Rhys smiled back and said calmly, "I've waited a long time to say it." Now he had cleared the hurdle, he had no trouble talking to her and he had so much to say, and so little time to say it. Faffle ruffled her feathers and wooed at him.
    "Its okay Faf, your still the main girl in my life." He turned back to Roxy as she threw her arms around him again. He held her for a moment before pulling away.
    "I really need to go." He kissed her quickly before stepping back and looking at her. "So I guess this is good bye. Just as things got good too!"

19. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005

Roxy breathed deeply as Rhys's arms were around her. This was the perfect moment and it was going to end too soon.

"I really need to go."

Roxy nodded as he leaned down and kissed her. She began to blush as he looked at her.

"So I guess this is good bye. Just as things got good too!"

Roxy giggled and nodded. This was good bye. Why did this have to happen right as he was leaving? Well, maybe it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't.

"I guess I should head to the field. They have probably already started without me. So...bye Rhys. Write me when you get settled k. I'll be waiting."

Roxy knew she couldn't prolong his leaving any longer. She hugged him, kissed him, then began to walk away. She turned and waved to get a last look and began to walk again.

Tag: Rhys, others

20. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005

Rhys blew out a long breath before slumping against a wall. Then he leapt up and whooped, knocking Faffle off his arm to her disdain, and bolted for the main door.

He got there as Spot was staring at a luminous, sticky, green thing on his finger which he then popped into his mouth. Rhys gagged and gently punched the huge troll saying, "Come you big lug. We better get going... and I'll carry the suitcases. Mobiliarbus."
    The cases lifted off the ground, as Faffle perched on one, and flew slightly in front of the duo. Rhys stopped and looked at Hogwarts, the place he had experienced so much. Happiness, anger, sadness and now love. He smiled to himself softly and called his broom over to him. He sat on it and drifted beside Spot as they made their way to the future.

TAG: any

(((OOC: How are we going to do this whole Auror thing Beast? PM me the details.)))

21. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    GM OOC: Hello all, but this is one last time I'm afraid. I found myself dreading update time rather than enjoying the time writing them. I stopped having fun and don't think I can help you enjoy yourselves if I am not having fun GMing. I enjoyed you guys while it lasted and hope to one day take this endeavor that is Harry Potter on again after I become a more experienced RPer. On that day I hope you will join me.

Thank you for the time I had.

Goodbye

It is quite alright for you all to elect a new GM. I feel that most of you will be capable for all of you are great RPers.

Beast

22. Darth_Sadis

Jul 31, 2005
    (((OOC: umm.... ok then.)))

23. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    OOC: Does anyone want to volunteer for GM-hood?

24. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I've asked Beast to leave this thread open for about 48 hours to see if anyone would like to step up and replace him as GM. I think this thread is doing well and it would be a shame to have to close it.

25. Hammur-

Hammur- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm considering it... I suppose 48 hours should be enough time to think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.