main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN * Feb. 10 General Meeting *

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Our next GM is coming up next Saturday, Feb. 10, 4 p.m., at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave. Any and all Tri-State SW fans are welcome to attend. On the agenda:

-Website update/discussion
    -Update on our painted sign for Comic Quest
    -Marketing ideas/placing fliers
    -Bylaw change discussion (I'll bring along my proposed bylaw changes for discussion)
    -Event Coordinator discussion/appointment
    -Book Club update
    -Collecting/Collecting Club update
    -Costuming/Prop Building Club update--picking a meeting time!
    -Feb. event--I'd like to get together an small event (movie night, dinner, etc.) for this month

As always, please post here ASAP if you can make it. SIG leaders, if either you or your second-in-command cannot attend, please PM me your update so I can present it at the meeting. Scott, likewise if you can't make it, please send me your Website update. See you all then!

Adam is bald.

:D

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, I will not be there. But, do we know yet the date of the March meeting? That, I think I can do!

MTFBWY

Jammies

3. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Well, the GM is always the second Saturday of the month, so the March meeting will be on the 10th. I hope you can make it!

4. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    BUMP

Everybody remember tomorrow's meeting! Could we have a roll call of who's going to be there?

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Sorry folks I won't be there. Must do the work thing. Here is the Book Club Update-

We met on January 30th, 2007. We talked about SW:Legacy Issues 1-7. More Legacy-centric meetings will be happening in the future. In attendance were Stacky, JediMasterJaina (she did not spew), Mik-El, and your God-Emperor/Book Club Furher Ulkesh2. Pooky the Acklay was unable to attend. THAT WILL BE RECTIFIED! During the meeting it was decided that the February 27,2007 topic will be the Knights Of The Old Republic comic book series (both first story arc and second story arc). The topic for March 27, 2007 will be LOTF: Exile. So the schedule is-

Feb. 27- KOTOR comic books
    Mar. 27- Legacy Of The Force 4:Exile
    Apr. TBA

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    fistofury and myself shall be there.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    99% sure I will be there.

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    eye is acomin'

9. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Wow, that was one heck of a day--none of my students broke their boards, and one almost had to go to the hospital. But, catching at least the socializing after the meeting was very helpful to my psychological health...

Many thanks to Scott for running the meeting for me, and my apologies for not making it myself until the end. I had a testing for my students at my school that was SUPPOSED to be over in time for me to make it to the meeting, and then the above injury happened. I'll give everyone a heads up in the future if I'll be working the day of the meeting, in case a fluke like this happens again.

Thankfully, we did discuss all that we had planned to, except the bylaw discussion. That will be tabled until next meeting, because I think everyone's in agreement that we need to start that process in person, rather than on the boards.

10. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    FEB 10TH MEETING NOTES

Nathan was out cleaning up urine and was late. Scott officiated.

IN ATTENDANCE:
    Yoda Pimp
    Fistofury
    G1Prowl
    WedgesOtherNephew
    JediMasterJaina
    Stacky
    Mike-El
    Navarre1095
    Darth TKD
    Cindy

BOOK CLUB UPDATE (copied from above)

We met on January 30th, 2007. We talked about SW:Legacy Issues 1-7. More Legacy-centric meetings will be happening in the future. In attendance were Stacky, JediMasterJaina (she did not spew), Mik-El, and your God-Emperor/Book Club Furher Ulkesh2. Pooky the Acklay was unable to attend. THAT WILL BE RECTIFIED! During the meeting it was decided that the February 27,2007 topic will be the Knights Of The Old Republic comic book series (both first story arc and second story arc). The topic for March 27, 2007 will be LOTF: Exile. So the schedule is-

Feb. 27- KOTOR comic books
    Mar. 27- Legacy Of The Force 4:Exile
    Apr. TBA

It was also discussed that we change the name of the SIG to ?Literature? club.

COLLECTOR?S CLUB UPDATE

Nothing much out yet, at least nothing to get fired up about. The Princeton Walmart has some new figs out. The camo trooper is just a repaint. Wallyworlds on the Westside has the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime for $25.00.
    The next CC meeting will be TUESDAY @ 6:30 at Brents house.

ToyFair will have the new figs out in ?force? soon.

The Myspace site is up although it is a bit basic at present.
    -It is designed to point people to the boards.
    -It?s been decided to hide the friends and comments so far.
    http://www.myspace.com/evillejedi
    -We will check out sites like the 501st and the Paducah Imperials for more ideas.
    -So far we?ve had one visitor, Kevin a 911 operator from Evansville.

The official page is in Limbo at the moment
    -We need a place to host and a domain name.

COSTUMING CLUB UPDATE

I?ve yet to get permission but we will try to meet on the first Friday of every month. We will also schedule workdays at Casa de Navarre for projects that require power tools and sewing machines.

Costumers are urged to work on their costumes whenever possible. I?m working on my stuff nearly everyday.

I brought my MG-34 heavy trooper blaster for show-and-tell. I?ve also started resin-casting and brought out a Endor commando rank badge and a bad cast of my Hoth trooper wrist communicator.

SIGN FOR COMIC QUEST
    Edric is waiting on me to do some stencils for him. Dudes, I fully forgot.

ORANGE BARREL
    It?s only a matter of time before some trucker kills a barrel. Anything in the trash is MINE. However, we can get a brand spanking new barrel for about 45 bucks plus shipping. Mike-El suggested that since the club has at least 15 active members;we could donate $5 each to a PayPal acct set up for items such as that. A Finn from 15 of us would yield a total of $75.00.

To set up a PayPal acct, Nathan and I would have to open a double-signature bank acct in the chapter?s name. We could use the bank card # to open a PayPal account and use the checking account number to get verified.

ADVERTISING
    Ulkesh has been putting up fliers at Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Books-a-Zillion; Gods help us. Is there really an admissions charge of $6.66?

We need to talk about other fliers, possibly something reciprocal like the book club meeting on the Comic Quest flier and the GM meeting posted on the B&N flier. We could possibly just put the MySpace address on all fliers with a note that meeting times and places can be found there.

My best price on bags so far is .22 for 5,000.
    It was suggested at this point that we have a bake sale. We could have Wookie cookies and Darth Malts. Possibly, we could even have a Boba Fettunccini nite at the Fazoleum. My personal favorite was the Jar-Jar piñata.
    An idea for a recruiting contest was mentioned.

EVENT COORDINATOR

The club needs more social interaction. JediMasterJaina was foolish enough to volunteer. The EC would be point person for movie nites and laser tag outings.
    A Star Wars Expo was suggested by Mike-El.

11. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I still say I should get a title :p

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    But wait, I thought book club was Allegiance for this month? :confused:

13. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I have that in the minutes but his post sez otherwise.

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    It was also discussed that we change the name of the SIG to ?Literature? club.

I'm personally against this. I mean comics and graphic novels are still "books," right?

We need to talk about other fliers, possibly something reciprocal like the book club meeting on the Comic Quest flier and the GM meeting posted on the B&N flier. We could possibly just put the MySpace address on all fliers with a note that meeting times and places can be found there.

We will need small and large fliers. The smaller ones (business card or 1/4th sheet) can be put inside bags at CQ or wherever. Larger ones can be for posting around CQ, etc in the SW dept. or whatever. Jim was okay with this but Nathan will need to firm up with him.

Free comic book Day is the 1st Saturday in May.

Jim will need to know from Nathan ASAP if we will be having a table there for FCBD, which we will, right? Email him at sales@comicquest.com

15. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    As far as book club, my two cents is to keep it "book club". For reasons that Scott pointed out, and its unweildy to say in my opinion.

I will have to get back to you on coming to free comic book day. At this point, it looks like I can make it. However, that weekend is when I would have to move out of the dorm and into where ever I am staying for the summer. I am kinda at the current resident's mercy.

If I am in town, you can count on me being dressed up and with some sort of a droid. :D

16. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    I'm on it...

As for the BC, I agree we should keep its name as it is. Literature Club just doesn't flow off the tongue (I wish Cole had said this, so I could say "Poor Jennifer...").

Tomorrow, I'll shoot a big e-mail to Jim, confirming us for FCBD, and asking him about fliers and our sign, and whatnot. As I've said before, CQ is a very valuable asset to us, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help us promote our club.

17. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Title bestowed :)

18. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Can you ask about orange barrel storage as well?

19. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    WOOHOO!!! Thanks!

20. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Sure thing, I'll ask him about it.

21. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    It was cool chatting with everyone! :cool: Sorry I couldn't hang around longer. As for Free Comic Book Day I should be able to get my armor done in time.

22. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    That was me :) (waves)

23. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Hey!!!! Its good to have friends! [face_dancing]

24. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah! Hey! Welcome back, Kev. By the way, you are not the oldest here...lol, and mentally we are all about the same age. :)

25. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmmm...
    [face_thinking]

Star Wars Literature Club versus Star Wars Book Club

(a.k.a. elitism versus pragmatism)

(a.k.a. :-B versus [face_monkey])

I, the Book Club Fuhrer and God-Emperor Ulkesh2, hereby declare to keep the 'low brow' title of the SIG in question intact. From this dark hour till eternity the SIG in question shall be called...

(brass horns and drum roll)
    [face_flag]

Evansville Star Wars Biblioclique for Weighty Verbal Analysis

or for simplicity's sake the E.S.W.B.W.V.A.
    :-B

YES! YES! Now that really rolls off the ol' fleshy tastebud flapper
    :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.