main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Feb. 19(Sat) 6pm Gotham Comics-Next Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MiraNova34, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    We E-mailed Chris to confirm this with him. He had already told me Sat evenings are fine. Julia, the 19th was good with all of us.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Well I guess I will miss you all that meeting too! I will be at Toy Fair in NYC that weekend.

Maybe I will be able to catch up with everyone after that sometime.

3. SilverBullet34

SilverBullet34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    Julia, It was great to see you at the FX. I'm so sorry you'll be in NY on the 19th.
    Chris E-mailed me this:
    "I'll pencil in the 19th. Let me know for sure when you
    can. Pizza and cokes on me!"

Luis, Mara Jade and I enjoyed the comradery at the FX.
    Since Chris said this date was fine, I guess it's a go.
    Monroe

4. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I need address and contact info for this comic store so I can post it ion the main website. Remember this is our last requiered meeting to become official.

5. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Gotham City Limits Comics
    3733 Southside Blvd
    Jacksonville Fl
    904-641-3335
    Directions..Coming from the North, about 1/4 mile south of Beach Blvd. on the left on Southside Blvd. There is a WingHut next to it. COMICS sign is in big red letters.
    Luis is that all the info. you need?

6. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    that will do, thanks.

7. BoyWookiee44

BoyWookiee44 Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    Hey guys me and Jediace90 are gonna try to make it to the next meeting. Im home from school right now with a fever but hopefully it will go away soon.

8. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Get Well Soon! [:D]

9. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Featured Event: SUPER BOWL OF SAVINGS
    Pardon the cliché - But don't let the record crowds and traffic deter you from Gotham's customer appreciation days! Starting Friday, February 4th and running through Sunday, February 6th, every local resident with a valid Jacksonville, Florida address enjoys preferred customer status. What's more, preferred customers get an additional 5 % off including toys. Or, just bring in a copy of this email and receive a full 20% off any single item. While the rest of the city is catering to out-of-towners, let Gotham treat you like royalty!
    Star Wars Fan Force Meeting
    Join us February 19th at 6pm for the next Star Wars Fan Force Jax meeting. Meet like-minded Star Wars fans. Learn costuming tips. Have some free pizza!

Hey Chris sent us the Gotham City News and Events E-mail. So I copied and pasted it for you to see. I thought it was great he has our meeting announced in this E-mail which he sends to all his clintelle.

10. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    That's awesome!!

I may try and run by there tomorrow to check the store out since I haven't been there before.

And I'd really like to find 'The Union'. Gina I know you wanted to read that - does he have it there?

Anyways, I MAY be at the meeting - we still haven't confirmed our plans for Toy Fair in NYC so there is a chance I won't go.

MTFBWY!

11. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    I'm so happy you MAY be at the meeting. I was feeling really bad that it was scheduled on a bad day for you.
    "The Union" probably has to be ordered. They had to order the Dark Empire series for me. It takes about a week and a half to come in. Remember we get 10% off. :D

12. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm glad that you are coming, hopefully we will have a good turn out this time, I thing that we are going to get couple more newbies this time.

13. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Hello, I live in jacksonville and i am so happy i finaly found other fans here. I will be at this meeting.....if its open for new people....one other thing what are some of the things yall do at the meetings. Thanks again hope to meet everyone soon.

14. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    welcome yoda, I'm the city rep for jacksonville, this is open for everybody, we receive new people with open arms. Some of the things that we do at the meetings are; discuss future meetings, plan activities, movie info, games coming out, prop building, costume building ect. I'm looking foward to meet you and I know everybody else is too.

15. yoda1248

Feb 6, 2005
    ok sweet..thanks blaze i will be there.

16. SilverBullet34

Dec 12, 2004
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Your friends, Monroe and Gina

17. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey ya'll - it is looking like I WILL be at the next meeting - yay! I am still battling the flu, had a relapse this weekend so I think that travel to NYC is not the smartest thing for me right now. Plus with CIII coming up, I need to save money anyways.

So I am EXCITED to get to see everybody and see the comic shop. Plus I am going to try and drag my husband along with me (free pizza and coke should be the kicker!).

I am trying to do a couple of t-shirt designs too so that we can decide on those too if we want them made.

CYA! julia

18. yoda1248

Feb 6, 2005
    whats up.....i just got back from gotham city comics i went to go check it out because i had never been there before. I also bought the bossk mini bust....its great.......hope to meet everyone at the meeting.

19. BoyWookiee44

BoyWookiee44 Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    hey guys i think i can make it. Look foward to seeing all of you there.Go wookiees Go Grievous

20. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Hey everybody! Hope to see ya'll at the next meeting. Julia, I'll bring the official estimate from Image 420 for the t-shirts. If we can finalize a design, I'll give them the go ahead. Looking foward to meeting new members and I hope everyone gets well soon!

21. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm hoping I'll be able to make it this saturday. I've had the past 2 weekends off due to personal reasons and I'm not sure if they'd give me the next Saturday off. I'm hoping they do. I'm going to request the next FF meeting off no matter what, but I can't request this one off. Well I could, but I wouldn't feel right.

22. SilverBullet34

Dec 12, 2004
    There is a Singer(in bright red letters)store next to the comic shop on the right. A SmileCare is on it's left. There is a Cleaners and The Dragon restaurant across the street. Hopes this helps 'cause it is easy to pass.

23. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    w00t! Got the weekend off! I'll be there, presuming of course I can find it. :p

24. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
  25. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Hey everybody! I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight. :( I do have the official quote for the t-shirts we talked about at the last meeting. Gina, if a design is decided upon tonight, would you please get a copy of it and I can meet you somewhere to get it? Luis, do you take minutes at the meeting? Is there any way I can get a copy of them? I will miss being there tonight, but I look forward to seeing you guys next time. :D Have fun and MTFBWY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.