main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Feb 5th - Boy Scout Event & SW Birthday Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Received some more information from the Dad this morning...

The b-day boy's name is Jordan and he will be turning 7 (actually I think he already turned 7 as I think his b-day was in January). There will be 11 children at the party plus some adults. So he thinks 12 characters would be a good cap but 13 (which is how many we have on the volunteer list including tentatives) would be fine he said.

12:00pm: The kids will arrive, eat pizza, cake and then open presents.
    1:00pm: we'll appear and have our photos taken with the kids then they'll play games outside until the party ends at 2:30pm

We're welcome to leave once the kids start playing games or stay until the end of the party.
    He's still working on our changing space.

~Doc_Bev

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Are we meeting right at the house for the party? Can someone send me directions and an address?

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm waiting to hear back from the Dad to know whether we will be changing at his house's garage or his neighbor's garage. However, I think to make it easier how about we meet in the Wegmans plaza parking lot near the Taco Bell side. Here's the address for the Wegmans so that folks can Mapquest it: 2157 Penfield Road, Penfield, NY 14526.

If folks are interested we could meet at 11:30am do lunch at one of the many nearby food establishments (KnightShade recommends Lindburgers) then try to consolidate cars so we're not blocking up their entire street and be to the party by 12:30pm-ish.

~Doc_Bev

4. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    :( sorry guys, im not gonna be able to make this one...and just when i was looking forward to getting in a costume again. give darth maul's regards to the birthday boy;)

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I like the idea of meeting before the party for lunch. That'll give us time to hang out too.

6. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    There's a posting on NER boards for a last minute event on Sunday here in ROchester for the Boy Scouts on Buffalo Rd from 11a-12p.

Does anyone think both are do-able?

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I dont think its possible...we have to meet up for lunch at 1130...

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I asked Zippy for any more info he has.
    I think the only way both are do-able is if we split up, have some folks miss out on the lunch and/or have some folks arrive later than others at the b-day party.

Since we'd be coming from the same side of town as the boy scout event I think the best we could offer is having Chewbacca make a real quick 1/2 hour appearance and then we'd end up missing out on lunch with you guys.

I'll have to think on this...
    At the very least I'll like to have a small chat with the coordinator of the boy scout event to let them know that if they'd like to have us appear in the future to give more than 4 days notice.

~Doc_Bev

9. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I think this is do able just invite Buffalo to come earlier if they like & then we have a late lunch afterwards. There will be plenty of time to get some late lunch & everyone be home intime for the superbowl. It does mean we'd have to leave right ontime (no putzin around).

I think we'd be willing but we won't go by ourselves either

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I posed the question to those from Buffalo heading out.

We just might be able to make it work...
    It would be nice to do an event with the Boy Scouts I just wish they have given a bit more notice.

~Doc_Bev

11. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    yea I agree with you there!

12. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    True... True on both counts Nicky and Tom. Perhaps if folks can come out earlier we could do both and just hang after the b-day party. Or if the Boy Scouts can do a little earlier still that would give us a bit more buffer...

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    So here's the list:
    {updated 02/01/06 at 9:20am)

KnightShade - Chewbacca
    Wingnut - Tusken Raider
    TX4277 - Stealth Trooper
    T_StarFlyer - TIE-Fighter
    DarSolo - Royal Guard
    fosterkeri - Boba Fett
    BobaChris12 - Darth Vader
    MakanPyralis - Royal Guard?

Tentative
    Doc_Bev - Jedi or Padme
    MadKidJedi - Anakin
    JediKnightLisa

For the BOY SCOUT Event.
    So I can possibly swing both.
    Knightshade and Doc_Bev are up in the air
    TX is a possible
    T and D are willing but wont go alone
    BobaChris is unsure because he wanted to relax that day

TD-027 posted on NER boards that he would be willing to meet up with the BoyScouts group.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Until I get contact information from Zippy there's no way I can try to coordinate both events. So we'll just have to hope that he gets back to me soon as I'd like to get this straightened out today.

~Doc_Bev

15. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I do have the contact email...

We have a location and a time, what else do we need from the coordinator?
    I would think our next step is to determine who is available and willing.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I was hoping for a phone # so that I could call the person today, but if someone gets me the email I guess that'll have to do.

I was hoping to know if they were flexible on the time, how many characters were requested, what we would be doing (other than the assumed having our pictures taken), if there was someplace where we could change, etc, etc. I don't just want to show up without being somewhat prepared.

But, yes knowing who is interested would be helpful so that I could communicate that to the Boy Scout event coordinator and say we have X amount of characters able to appear.

~Doc_Bev

17. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I'ds be up for it, & Unless she puts up a fight[face_not_talking] , [face_beatup] , I'll drag D with me ;)

18. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'm not sure why, but I'd be less resistant to attending the Boy Scout event than birthday parties. (Still not comfortable with the idea of being a paid "clown") But then again, I don't know all the details of what the Boy Scout event is.

19. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I game if we can schedule it all

20. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I agree with you in concept, that volonteering for an organization is better than volunteering for a private event.

Keep in mind, we are not paid. The b-day party is being done for a charity.

21. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    That's what I said [face_whistling]

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Got some new details on the Boy Scout event. It's a Blue & Gold Ceremony which (based on what KnightShade explained to me) is basically a crossing over or rite of passage where cub scouts become boy scouts. I have the contact's phone # and will be calling her today to finalize details. Essentially though this is what I'm aiming for:

10:30am-ish - meet at Boy Scout event to get into costume
    socialize with the parents and scouts at the event prior to the ceremony
    11:30am-ish - de-costume/leave once their ceremony/meeting begins
    12pm-ish - head out to Penfield for b-day party
    12:30pm-ish - get into costume
    1pm - make b-day party appearance
    2pm-ish - de-costume and head out for a late lunch

Here's where we'll need to meet for the Boy Scout event:
    Whitter Road Party House
    88 Whittier Rd, Rochester, NY 14624

From there we can caravan out to the Wegmans and meet those who are only doing the b-day party. It's a full 30-minutes away so at the moment I'd guess we'd be at Wegmans between 12pm-12:30pm.

Will continue to post more details as I get them...

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Sounds like a plan !!!!!!

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got a call from the b-day boy's Dad to finalize plans. He's a little concerned about the weather. In case it does end up raining and/or snowing and since we'll be changing in their neighbor across the street's garage everyone should bring umbrellas to get themselves across the street to the birthday house without getting too wet.

He's very excited that folks are willing to come out from Buffalo for this (I'm very appreciative too BTW :*) and told me that this is still a surprise for all the kids - they don't know any of us are coming. Actually none of the folks at the boy scout event know we're coming either so we're going to be surprising a lot of people on Sunday! Should be exciting! [face_dancing]

I just was able to get a babysitter so now I've just got to try on costumes and see what'll fit. :p I know the velvet gown should, but I'm not sure that I want to risk getting it wet and I don't know if a large hoop-skirted gown will fit very well in a house with 12 kids, 4 adults and a bunch of other SW characters. :p

~Doc_Bev

25. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    IT does indede sound like a plan.

And I agree on the fact that it is so awesome folks are driving in from Buffalo, everyone is trying to re-arrange so we can brighten both events... I am so proud to be a part of this group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.