Lou, KY Feb/ April Book Club Vote 2012

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    For Feb:
    Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. No vote, as this is kinda the book of the year and most of us book nerds will be reading it then anyway. Chime in if you feel another book should be voted on along with the reveal of Palpy's Sith Master.
    For April:
    Courthship! It keeps running second, so I thought we would give this story of love and rancors and night sisters another run at office.

Shadow Games. A new title, we see Dash Rendar's return (and a cameo by a Corellian pilot and his Wookiee first mate). This book takes place 2 years before the battle over the first death star-- so sadly, Dash may still be dead after the events over the Black Sun Skyhook. Or, will we have to read the book to see?

Riptide: Follow up to Crosscurrent. Clones of Luke and Mara and Thrawn doing silly things with a boat load of old sith. Or something. We didn't really understand the first book. Staring Jaden Korr from the Jedi Knight vedio game, so that saves it for me.

Other:
    Just let me know and we can add your favorite book.

Jammies
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  3. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Yet you voted for Jaden Korr. (we will just make a mental note that you didn't).

Voting on the boards is odd, the clicky is above the words not below the words.
  4. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    O.K... so we know what a romantic I am. Guess which one I voted for?
    Han=P~ @};- Leah[face_love]:*han=P~ Han8-}
    Any guesses? [face_dancing]
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/vader.jpg]

6. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    [face_dancing] Mika, I really like that poster pic. That's pretty cool!
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Bump.

I guess Courtship is a Valentine's day kinda star wars book. But with rancors.
  8. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Rancor love Jammies? ... Kinky!! [face_dancing][face_beatup]
  9. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. Not quite what I meant. However, I know want to write a parody of "radar love."

"I eat a pigman falling in, from above...... something something.... rancor love."
  10. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    So be it; book club.........

Feb's book will be Darth Plaguss (spelling)(THE book event of the year)
    April's book will be COPL!

and quick reminder, this December's will be Labrynth of Evil by James Luceno. If anyone needs a copy (or audio) let me know.

Jammies
  11. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    I know want to write a parody of "radar love."

"I eat a pigman falling in, from above...... something something.... rancor love."[/quote]

[face_dancing][face_laugh][face_dancing]
  12. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Due to forum rules, I deleted the now out of date poll.

Just a reminder:
    Feb's book was Darth Plaugus
    April's was The Cortship of Princess Leia
  13. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Hello there my Jammies... We're discussing "Labyrinth of Evil" tonight, and our new read in February will be Darth Plagueis, to be discussed in April, but what are we reading from now until February?

I'm so sorry I haven't been clear in my PM's to you. I think I have a short circuit that makes it difficult to work with at times. 8-} [face_batting]
  14. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh muh goodness My Jammies! I think the light just came on. The short circuit may have just connected. [face_hypnotized]

In going threw and putting our new Book Club reading list together, it occurred to me that I was placing the books in the wrong order. DOH! :-B Stang it, I do this every year!

The way they are going, is that "Darth Plagueis" is our new read "tonight", to be discussed in February. Right? Followed by our new read in April of "The Courtship Of Princess Leah" to be discussed in June?

I hope I have this right in my head now. [face_dancing]