*February 14th General Meeting*

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Our next General Meeting will take place Saturday, February 14th at 4 P.M. at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave in Evansville. As always, any and all Tri-State Star Wars fans are invited to attend.

I will actually NOT be able to attend. I will be out of town. Nathan or someone will be in charge...

On the tentative agenda:

Book Club Update
    TCG News/Tournament Update
    Movie Night??? JMJ, are you out there?
    Collecting Update
    Celebration III, I figure it can never be too early to start talking about this. Much planning we have to do.

TCG and/or a movie after the meeting???

Feel free to post any other matters up for discussion her
  2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    This isn't a bad day to have this, no, not at all :p
  3. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, I might be able to come. Unless work does me in, which is becoming more and more a distinct possibility..... :( :( :(

Peace,

Edric
  4. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, no, I just saw that they are having 2 1/2 hours of the Real World Saturday!!!!! Does Comic Quest get MTV? I really have to think about this, especially since I have something I thought we could do that we could chew on and discuss - see "Let's Tell a Story" Thread.

Peace,

Edric
  5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    VCR, TiVO? :p

I, on the other hand, probably won't make it due to reservations I have at the Edgewater.
  6. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^I can't figure out how to tape off of the Direct TV and do not have TiVO; therefore, creating this conundrum.

Peace,

Edric
  7. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    The Edgewater Grille.

Good Atmosphere. That is about all I'll say.
  8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmm, can't help you there, as my parents are cheap bastards.
  9. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that I will have to bow out but I am looking forward to the next BCM.

Edric
  10. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Unfortunately, I too am unable to be there this month. See you all at book club in a couple of weeks.
  11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Adam, I only remember seeing you at 3 GMs anyway :p
  12. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alas, I will be out of town, but I am planning on being at the TCG tournament.

Buckaroo
  13. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Boy, it seems like a lot of people aren't going to be there...

Okay, here's how it is: I don't mind leading the meeting. That having been said, you must all realize that Evansville is an hour drive for me, one way. So, I want to know now whether anyone will actaully be there other than me. I don't particularly want to drive in, stare at the wall for a half hour, and then drive back home. I'm dedicated to this club, but not that dedicated.

God, I hate Valentine's Day.
  14. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, Nathan. That was a bitter post from beginning to end. ;)
  15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    OMFG Adam learnt another face! :p
  16. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm always bitter around Valentine's Day because I hate everything it stands for, but that's another topic for another day... Besides, you're bitter when people say things to you like: "Man, you had a lot more hair in high school." :D

The point I was trying to make is, if no one posts that they will be there, then I'm not going to be there. If no one is going to show up, I'll make an executive decision to cancel the meeting. I plain can't afford to drive to Evansville for nothing.
  17. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, Stackpole, the new face was an accident. I was typing too fast and :) became ;) . Sorry to disappoint you.
  18. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there. so there.
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Adam, you have got to be the most static internet user ever :p
  20. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Cole: since you'll be there, so will I.
  21. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Meeting Notes for 2/14/04

Two members were in attendance. Because the E'ville Jedi Bylaws have no quorum rules, we took advantage of this lack of attendance(see below). :D

Book Club Update
    -Not surprisingly, Adam wasn't there, so Cole did his best to give the BC update.
    -Meetings are now held unofficialy at Borders. Cole told Barnes and Noble's manager that we were "postponing" our BC meetings rather than telling him we actually jumped ship.
    -The next meeting is 2/24 at 6:30 P.M. at Borders, and the club will be discussing "Tatooine Ghost" as well as Adam's "little problem."

TCG Update/Tournament News
    -Our first tournament will be held this coming Saturday, 2/21 at 4:30 P.M. at Comic Quest.
    -All competitors must have a written list of all the cards they will be using.
    -The tournament will NOT be DCI santioned because we have no DCI-sanctioned judges. This changes nothing, except competitors cannot receive points for winning. There will still be giveaways.
    -Competition is free, thanks to a sponsorship from the Wild West Photo Fest.
    -Cole said two competitors will be coming from the Lexington, KY area for the tournament.
    -Cole will post all the relevant info in a separate thread.

Movie Night
    -Elizabeth is still in charge, and she will post details of our next movie night in the appropriate thread. Becuase she wasn't at the meeting, no update was given.

Collecting Update
    -No one with collecting knowledge attended, so no update was given.

Celebration III
    -It's official, C3 is coming to Indy for 4 days during the last weekend of April, 2005.
    -All those wanting a hotel should make their reservations early. Cole recommended the Best Western downtown.

Cole and I used our practically dictatorial power to pass the following edicts:

I moved that a new position, dubbed "Bankroller," should be created and Adam should be appointed to fill it. The job of the Bankroller is to pay for any and all club activities, including the club's upcoming trip to C3 and all related purchases, out of his own pocket. Unlike other positions, members may not refuse the position of Bankroller, as it is a great honor. Cole seconded the motion, and it passed unanimously. Congratulations, Adam!

Cole made the motion that his girlfriend is in fact cooler than Stacky's, and I seconded the motion. It too passed unanimously, authorizing Cole to put said statement in his signature.

Because of the previous motion, Cole suggested that his Valentine's date with his girlfriend could thus be considered a club activity. I agreed, and as a result, the bill for their evening on the town will be sent to Adam for prompt payment. Again, congratulations Adam!

As Andrew is our unofficial collecting adviser, I pointed out that his Star Wars related purchases can also be considered a club activity, as can mileage to any retail store to perform said purchases. Andrew, you are encouraged to keep your receipts and send them to Adam for a full refund.

I moved that Adam be referred to as "Darth Chromedomus" at any and all club activities. Cole seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.

Again congratulations, Darth Chromedomus! :D

In all seriousness, a guy named Andrew Gregory came up to Cole and I after the meeting, wanting to get a SW RPG game started. If anyone is interested in joining in, let me know. I have his phone number and he said he was at CQ every Sat.
  22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    In all seriousness,

You son of a *****, stop making words up.
  23. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^

Wow, harsh language. And I thought work was stress. Maybe I should now take on the role of "Ambassador" Edric and help maintain peace.

Is that possible, by the way, to change one's name without having to start over from scratch with regards to posts?

Peace,

Ambassador Edric
  24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Nope. Question's been asked almost weekly in Comms :p
  25. Edric-the-grey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, we'll just have to say that "The Grey" is my title among the wizard community. However, in other cirlces, I am, for now and always (or, until I change my name) AMBASSADOR EDRIC, retired Admiral (I just had to throw that in). :)

Peace,

Ambassador Edric
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.