Chatt, TN February 2005 meeting

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    When: February 7, 2005

Where: The "party" room inside The Rave Theater in East Ridge.

Time: the room is reserved from 6:30pm - 9:00pm. We'll start the meeting at 7:00pm

After lots of discussion as to what the flyers cost and what they'll look like, we decided to think on it some more. We're trying a different approach using business cards (which I'm hoping we'll have ready for Chattacon later this month). So with those out of the way, we'll again tackle the flyers for around town. Again, if anyone wants to submit something, please bring them.

The purpose of these flyers is to:
    a) make people aware that there's a Star Wars fan group in the area
    b) direct them to our website (the www.chattooine.com one mainly)
    c) possibly mention the game nights as (imo) that may be all some are interested in

We're also looking into a banner of some kind for any future events we participate in. The big one that comes to mind is the Episode III premier. The Rave have asked us to be on hand for the premier in full costume. They plan to have TV crews there so this will be an excellent chance for our group to possibly make it on TV. Anyway, there was some talk of getting a tent up to where we can have fans come in to do a little gaming while we're all camped out, so if we could get a nice banner to go along with that... We'll discuss more at this meeting.

Costuming: Who has one to wear? Who needs one? Who wants to put something together? We all have some skills and resources that we may be able to use to help each other get some kind of costume together. We'll talk about what we'd like to do and see if it can be done by early May.

Membership Dues: We haven't had to really purchase anything for the group yet, so we bought ourselves a little time to decide this. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of the costs for the material things we want to get for the group along with any other costs (ex: table rental at a con). Plus a few other surprises... ;)

Also, if you've been to other cons, bring your pictures! Or if you have some pics of you in costume or a collection, bring them too.

Post any other topics you think we should discuss.
  2. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    bumping this to the top, since our Prez hasn't changed the marquee to reflect that 2 meetings have gone by and this isn't December anymore! LOL
  3. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    lol! you know, i was just looking for the right thread to make a smart aleck remark about that, so thanks for doing it, Vesper ole buddy! ;)

now it can be your head & not mine (you know, after the whole "why doesn't our CR post here" thread incident, she keeps a close eye on me)! :D
  4. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK, so are we dressing up for this one? Thoughts?
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks Layren for fixing the scrolling marquee. Are you doing this or does Minicia do this? Just wondering... Anyway, cool.
  6. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    *bump* ;)

THIS MONDAY, GUYS! be there or be square! :D
  7. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    That reminds me...

superrepus plans on wearing his stormtrooper armor.

Nightmarez is going to bring several costumes.

Lord John might get there around 8:00, but he was willing to wear his Jedi costume.

Should we plan to dress up? We need to devise a plan if we do to where we can all go in together. That would look cool (and would avoid going in by ourselves one by one). Any thoughts?
  8. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    are you nervous about walking around in Chattooine dressed in your Jedi garb, Vesper? [face_laugh]

i'd say just go on in...but of course, i don't have a costume, so i don't have to worry about sticking out, now do i? :p

but i already told the manager that several people were dressing up & he's excited, so no backing down! ;)
  9. spurro_kolhart Jedi Padawan

hey guys, the costume ideal is great, of course i shouldnt have any opinion since i havent went to a meeting yet or posted much lol. i was thinking of dressing my 3 year old daughter up as yoda for the premier
  10. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey spurro... ALL opinions are welcome. Dressing your kid up as Yoda would be great! Oh yeah! Fans in Chattooine REPRESENT!
  11. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    spurro!!! great to hear from you again dude! :) that is a GREAT idea about your 3 year old...i have a 3 year old too, and she'll probably be a "youngling"--she loves to use her lightsaber (which Vesper here would probably encourge, lol)!!

can't wait for Monday! :D
  12. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just so everyone who visits this board, the February meeting last night turned out great. Thanks to SarkaVrae for setting us up at The Rave. The manager seemed to really be impressed with the costumes that some wore, so it was a good move to make a great first impression.

Head on over to www.chattooine.com and specificly the "Mos Nooga Cantina" messageboard for more details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.