main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February 2006 Meet: Sunday, February 19th at the Good Time Emporium in Somerville

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay guys, here's the deal. With the exception of SuperMegaFest, we've gone quite a while without an "official" meet where a majority of the group attended. I want to remedy that with a meet sometime in February, but I need your help.

Start throwing out some ideas as to what we can do or where we can meet that will help put a little "jump" back into our ragtag group of SW-holics. Want to go to a B's or C's game? How about the Good Time Emporium in Somerville? Maybe hit the SW exhibit at the MOS? Just want to sit around someones house and talk about the state of the BR's while eating pizza? Whatever your thoughts, post them. I want to know what you guys want to do.

When you do post, please let me know what weekend(s) would be best for you. I know in the past meets have been scheduled on Sundays, but if Saturdays are better, just let me know. Right now I'm thinking either the weekend of the 18th or the 25th.

Thanks everyone!

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Saturdays can be iffy for me b/c of my shopping schedule, but most Sundays are fine with me as long as I don't know about a meet 11th hour. I'd love to see the MoS exhibit w/ my friends here. :)

3. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    well i hope everyone is well. eric and i havent been on the boards in a little bit. the holidays were crazy and we all took turns getting sick in our house. well the MOS is having a special event on Friday night feb.3rd. We are going. as far as saturdays go, the 4th and the 18th could work for us. sundays always work. not to jump ahead but MOS is having another special SW event March 3rd, another friday and the 10th and 11th it is costume weekend. if you arrive at th3e museum in costume, you get a discount coupon to the SW planetarium show, which also looks really good! well i will keep checkin in. keep your smiles on! sarah

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi Sarah...good to see you & Eric are OK. I hope we can meet again soon. :)

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Alrighty, this thread was starting to slide a little too far down the board for my liking.

To those of you who have posted ideas thank you, your interest is truly appreciated. What I want to do now is at least narrow down the dates and activities of most interest. Right now it looks like either the 18th or the 25th (of Feb.)would be the best date for a meet. Please let me know which date works best for you and from there we'll narrow it down to a set day and time

Location, location, location. Seems right now the MOS exhibit is the most popular choice. Other places we could meet, like Jillians or the Good Time Emporium in Somerville are possibilities as well.

I'd really like to see as many members of the group make it to this meet as possible. We've obviously gone through a bit of a shakeup here over the past month and I think it would be a great thing to "huddle up" and try to set some long-term goals for the group. Maybe some charity work or additional convention appearances?

Alright, the lecture is over ;) Move along, move along :D

6. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    and if its a sunday .. I can make myself available for BOOK SIGNINGS .. . lol

back offline to read.... lol

seriously thogh .. sundays are best for me ... saturday is mandatory work day .. sundays are optional ...
    personally been trooping MOS way to much to want to go there.. I likes GT in somerville last time there...

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    A return trip to the Good Time Emporium might be OK w/ me, too. Just don't expect me to play Lazer Tag. [face_laugh]

8. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi guys. Sorry, I have sort of been on a hyatis (not from SW in general but from the internet). My husband and I are actually separating, the holidays were a mess and he is moving out this weekend. SO, February would probably be a re-adjustment month for me. March would be a bit better and, since I will be broke, I would love to do a gaming night somewhere... I have SW Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Chess. Just a thought.

Hope everyone else is well and I look forward to meeting you all someday! Thanks for posting the dates for the costume party at the MoS exhibit. My son has been waiting for that and it will give me an excuse to wear my WoV costume as well.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Too bad about your marriage, WoV, but I hope we can meet soon. :)

As for this month's meet, I counted the days and I'm not shopping w/ my brother on the 25th, so even though I'm not usually crazy about Saturday meets, the 25th would work. :)

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Oops, those dates are wrong Richie. I thought the 18th & 25th were Sundays. I meant to offer up the 19th and 26th as choices for a meet. Sorry about that, my bad.

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    OK, then I'd suggest the 19th, b/c that would allow enough time between meets to make the MoS exhibit the March meet on costume discount weekend.

12. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    What is the Good Time Emporium in Somerville? I have heard of it a couple of times, but never been there. To be honest I think I only heard the name and nothgin much else about it.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's kind of like a Jillians...only geared alot more towards families. They have batting cages, basketball courts, pool, darts, air hockey, vid games everything you could imagine (well, almost ;) ) under one roof. They also have a cafe of sorts where you can get pizza & burgers & drinks.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Sounds like I good time. no pun intended. lol I like batting cages I need to brush up on my hitting.

15. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't think that the Jillians has batting cages?

I could go perhaps if this is on the 18th or 19th of February.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay guys, It's looking right now like our meet will be on the 19th at the Good Time Emporium in Somerville. Time still to TBA.

Chris (Darth Lucanas) over on the Foxboro boards has offered up the option of a dual meet for March. He's putting together a group meet for the SW MOS exhibit on March 26. This sounds like a pretty good idea to me but I wanted to run it by everyone else first. Obviously no decision needs to be made immediately, but it is something we can discuss at our meet in a couple of weeks.

Regardless if you plan on attending this months meet or not, could you do me a favor and post your decision. Also feel free to post any topics you would like to discuss at the meet.

Thanks,
    Mike

EDIT: Change of plans. The date for the MOS dual meet is now Sunday, March 26th.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I haven't been to the one in Boston but all the other Jillian's I have been to haven't had batting cages. Some had bowling like the one in the Mall of America, which I heard the other day that they closed down the one there. The one in Worcester has mostly pool tables and some games. It was kinda lame when we went there a few times. It definitely didn't do much for me. Hopefully the one in Boston is a full blown one that has everything.

18. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    there are batting cages at the Good Times Emporium. :)

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just make sure you keep your eye on the ball. The last time I went there and used the batting cages the machine was throwing the balls off the plate a little bit, like down the middle of the RH batters box [face_beatup].

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I should be able to make it. Any problems w/ everyone meeting at 1 PM that day? As for topics, the future of the web site should definitely be among them.

21. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    the 19th is good for me ... I will see you all there... I should have outbound flight done by then and started on my next costume...
    So I could use the night for that also afterwards....

I will have fun at the batting cages like last time I am sure...

22. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    a simple bump
    ... so it is above MARCH meet info ..

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thank you my good man!

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay it looks like were ago for the Good Time Emporium next Sunday, February 19th at 1:00. For those of you who need directions you can find them here:

What I from you guys is to come armed with topics for discussion. I know that the future of our website is on the top of alot of people lists, but what else? Maybee ideas for getting a bit more involved in the community? Other conventions we could attend to give ourselves more exposure? Anything and everything is open to discussion.

If anything comes up that you don't want to wait untilnext week to discuss, feel free to fire off an email or PM to me.

Hope to see everyone there!

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    You forgot to link the place's site in your last post, DW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.