So NM February 2006 Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Jan 29, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Jaina Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! That would be great!
  2. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sorry to hear that you have all that school work. I really don't miss those days. Nicole actually had the baby about three weeks ago. That is actually why I disappeared from the boards for a little bit. That is part of the reason I wont be able to make the next meeting. Nicole's family from the east coast is coming out to visit. Have a good meeting though.
  3. Jaina Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Congratulations! Give our best to Nicole and the baby!
  4. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    I had no idea! Congrats, NM_Mandalorian!
  5. Norvon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Congrats on the birth of your baby. Glad all is going well.

Would more people be able to come to the meeting if we had it on a different day? Just thought I would put that out there.
  6. Jaina Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    I could make it the next weekend, but that's as close as it gets for me.
  7. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you all want to post-pone it till next weekend that's fine by me.
  8. Norvon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I checked my schedule and I will be on call the weekend after the 18th. Don't let me stop everyone from getting together when you can.
  9. Jaina Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, whatever happens, I'd like to say that we do have an important issue or three that needs to brought up at this meeting or the next.

1. Possible establishment of a Fanforce Council or hierarchy of some sort, which would include more than just CR and Co-CR. This would involve creation of possible offices such as Secretary, Treasurer, and/or Historian.

2. Nominations for CR/Co-CR and possible new offices! We're about to hit our one-year mark, and I am interested opening annual or biannual elections. If you would like to be nominated, let someone else know prior to the meeting. I feel that anyone should be able to nominated who has been to two or more meetings or events. I would also like to make sure that who has position of CR has fairly regular access to the Fanforce Boards.

Some responsibilities of CRs? They have access to the Fanforce Chapter Rep private forum, where they need to keep fairly updated on what's going on in Fanforce-land. They also need to send meeting info to their RSA (in our case, BrotherHalo or Jedi_Knight_Birr). I actually have not sent info about the last few meetings to Bob (BrotherHalo), because the info appears on the front Fanforce page- and we've been holding meetings at people's homes. After this meeting, we need to avoid having most meetings at our homes, because it discourages us from inviting new members. That's another responsibility of a CR: finding a venue for the meeting, which I'm sure you've all noticed isn't that easy, especially with our travelling Fanforce!

3. Website stuff... *sigh* We lost the domain name OuterRimFF.tk recently, because the company basically said, "You've had it for free for so many months; now, you must upgrade to premium, or we will make your domain available to other people." They're requesting something like $7/year... but as long as we're paying that much, we might as well go through go-daddy.com, who will not make us deal with advertisements, and we can get a regular suffix like ".org". Anyway, we need to discuss whether or not everyone's willing to pay a dollar or something to me so I can register it, or we could just not bother.
  10. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Should we just have it on the 18th as planned?

We'd be sure to talk about the items that Andrea has just mentioned.

Whatever will work. I'm usually free on the weekends.
  11. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    By the sounds of things it would be easier for everyone to have the meeting on the 26th. I know if we change to that weekend Nicole, Bethany, and I would be able to make it. But if not it is all good too.
  12. Jaina Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I really like the idea of moving it a week later. The more of us that there can be at this meeting, the better. By far. Sooo much to talk about.
  13. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay then the 26th it is. I'll be sure to let Mario and my friends know.
  14. Norvon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Okay then. It would be better if more people were at the meeting, to dicuss those items.
    I will try to switch my stand by to the weekend before. I'll let you know.
  15. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
  16. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Cool, I will be there now. I just need directions now whenever you get the chance. Or if you want, I am sure I can get them from Everett.
  17. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sure Josh. Which direction are you coming from?
  18. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I will be coming from Alamogordo.
  19. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Josh- I just sent you the directions.
  20. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I got the directions, thank you again. What time are we having the meeting the 26th?
  21. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I would say around 1 or 1:30 if that's okay.
  22. mandy_djo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    are we still going to hold at it your house? everything's the same except for we're moving back one week?
  23. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, we'll still have it at my place. And everything is pretty much the same.

I'd have it at 12 but church let's out at 1. So 1:30 is the best I can do.
  24. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

star 3
    If we need to move later so you don't have to worry about church I am sure everyone would be fine with that.
  25. SWJaggy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No 1:30 is fine. We should be home by 1:15 or 1:20. And my dad should be home so should by chance some of you get there when I'm not home yet just let him know that you're there for the Fan Force meeting and I'm sure he'll be nice and have you all wait inside.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie