main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February 2006 Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Happy Valentine's Day to all! I am back from DisneyWorld and though I don't necessarily feel refreshed or rested from my vacation, it was still a good time. So anyway, we have 2 Sundays left in February. Who is available and when and whattaya feel like doing?

Feb. 19th - Available after 4:30pm
    Feb. 26th - Should be available all day

I've got an itchin' for a movie, whether at the theater or a home viewing. Or also some SW cards or SW board games and have a gaming day somewhere. If we do something "home-based," I could probably host on the 26th, but just need to confirm that with the other inhabitants of my house. :p

Let me know what's good for you all!

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    We can do either one but would prefer it to be the 26. This past week has been very hard on me. Thursday I lost my Grandmother and now after being around all those people this weekend I think I am getting a cold or something. I am trying to straighten things out in school and make some changes so later in the month would be best for me. Now that I finally got my house straightened up =D= I'll be able to host future events, maybe the March meeting or something.

I'd like to do something home based if possible. The past few ones have been at places, we all need to relax and watch a movie or something if its okay with whoever hosts this one that is...

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well unfortunately I cannot host this Sunday, but I'm still available for whatever. I have SW Monopoly or SW Stratego to bring if we wanna game somewhere.

4. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, do you guys want to come out here again and watch a movie or maybe play some poker? I got a poker chip set for christmas. Let me find out if anything is going on this weekend. Does this sound cool or do you guys have any other ideas?

5. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i would be up for this sunday meeting also...gaming would be great....or anything star wars for that matter. i will keep day open...now..the time????

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I wouldn't care if we played poker while a movie was going in the background! I'm just anxious to get out of the house for a while! Since you're being nice enough to host, go ahead and pick a time, Q! Do you want us to potluck this thing with everyone bring a little something to eat or drink?

7. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah you can bring some food and drink if you want. What time is good for you all? Let me make sure nothing is going on this weekend before we put this in stone.

8. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Okay, I talked to my mom tonight and so far nothing is going on this Sunday. Do you guys like chicken fettucini? or maybe spaghetti? I think she fixed that last time Dalton and Kevin came over actually. Chicken fettucini okay? Probably have salad and bread with it. Let me know if this sounds good or if you would like something different. How does 1:00 PM sound? I'll wait to hear from you guys on this.

9. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds good to me. my car is having trouble again, so would it be out of anyones way to give A and I a ride?

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    OK, so here we go:

What: Gaming Day with the Emerald City Empire!
    When: Sunday, Feb. 26, at 1pm
    Where: Kevin G.'s house
    Why: 'Cuz playin' games is fun!
    What Do I Need to Bring: Games if you want, perhaps a snack or drink to supplement the chicken fettucini our host will be providing
    What Exactly are We Gonna Do: "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!" Movie? Poker? Board games? Card games? All of the above?

Directions to Kevin G.'s house are posted on the ECE Yahoo! board in the message archives. If you need access, click the link and request an invitation or they can be emailed to you if you request it.

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hope to see everybody on Sunday! Robby, gimme a call if you need a ride, I'm in the book.

Since KG's mom has offered to feed us a nice meal, let's at least bring some snacks to keep us entertained during game time. I'll bring a couple of 2-liter drinks. If you have a request, LMK.

12. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I can bring the brains, I mean the chips.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm getting ready to go, if anyone needs me for directions, etc. - 717-6798

14. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    we'll be a few mins late

15. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I am so sorry for not being there at the meeting. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again. It's been one of those days and it totally slipped my mind...I even told my wife about the meeting last night. I really do apologize. Please don't send any probe droids or stormtroopers my way for my mistake. I hope everyone had a great time. Anyway...may the force be with all.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Sorry that everybody couldn't make it. We had a nice time at KG's though. Like the last time we were there, KG's mom fed us like we were kings - an excellent chicken fettucini.

KG, Robby, April and I had a spirited game of Star Wars Monopoly that lasted at least 3 hours. We finally called it around 5pm. Some of us had a Carolina game to watch :D !

Hope everyone can make it in March!

17. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    Dalton is being modest, he "forgot" to tell the part where he whipped our butts at monopoly. awesome time, and great food, fun and friends.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I attribute that to luck. KG had the first monopoly of the game, but nobody was hitting on them and then he went to jail about 5 times straight and he started running outta cash 'cause he couldn't get to "GO." Then I kept getting those "Go directly to GO" Rebel cards, so I was picking up cash pretty quickly and once I got that monopoly on Tatooine with spaceports, you guys just kept hitting them. The Force was with the dice for me this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.