main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February 27 Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Alright! We now have the official date and time for our second FanForce meeting.

It will be this Thursday, Feb 27

3:00pm at the Embry Riddle UC flight deck.

If there's anyone who doesn't know where this is, feel free to pm me and I'll get you directions (just in case there are some people who aren't making themselves known).

We are primarily getting together to meet each other and to plan our trip to MegaCon this weekend.

Post in here if you intend to come.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'll be there with lightsabers on :D Well, if I get mine done in time :p

3. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Do you have your Anakin saber with you?

I'll come wearing my lightsaber. It's not often that I get a good excuse to hang it from my belt. :D

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, it's hanging above my Episode 2 poster, but unfortunatly the blade doesn't detach, which I didn't know until after I got it for Christmas, or I would have gone for a parksaber. I am doing my custom built one right now. It's a replica Vader, but I am adding a few twists of my own ;) I have everything cut out, it just needs to be assembled. Unfortunatly the PVC cutting job I did doesn't look fantastic up close, but I figure it just gives it that 'I made it myself' look.

And a girl willing to wear her lightsaber in public! Watch out, nerds everywhere will be asking for your screen name :p

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I actually bought it with the intention to wear it everywhere I went. I am still tempted to, but although I know I'm a dweeb, I don't think it's absolutely necessary that I broadcast it to the public. Once people get to know me, they understand.

I have decided to start growing my padawan braid out, though. I generally wear it the same length as the rest of my hair, but it is coming time for a haircut and I think I'm going to let the braid grow. We'll see how it looks.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Nothing wrong with broadcasting. My buddy and I went through this phase in middle school where we would only wear Star Wars shirts, and Friday's we would dress up like Jedi. After we started showing a little 'Jedi Passive Resistence' most of the people that poked fun stopped and actually started to go along with it. Using the Force to get free pizza at lunch, :D And I was told that during band camp in 10th grade I was sporting an 'Episode 1 Obi-Wan hairdo, don't know about that one though.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Wow. I never had enough Star Wars shirts to do something as cool as that, although it would have been fun to dress as a Jedi. I usually costume up as often as I can. Haven't done it since Halloween this year, though. I'll be dressing up for MegaCon, though.

8. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hello guysngals!
    I should be able to meander over at 3pm....in case I forget, would one of you be able to call me at x4923 and remind me?
  9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'll start calling at 2pm and call at 5 minute intervals ;) j/k, I'll call if you aren't there.

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Great! See you guys there!

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Just remembered I have an eye exam at 2:30 but I should still make it back to school at 3.
  12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Cool, see ya there ;)

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Ooh! An eye exam! Does that mean you'll be all dialated? Fun!

Just get there when you can. I have a feeling we will be there for a while. With Star Wars, you can talk for hours! :)

14. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Actually my appointment was yesterday (I still think today is Friday) so I'm all clear for this afternoon.
  15. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey...it was great to meet you all, I have a good feeling about this!

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Me too! This is awesome :)

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    It's always wonderful to chill with fellow fans. I enjoyed myself. Let's do it again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.