main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA *** FEBRUARY 28th IEFF MEETING ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    What: February IEFF Meeting
    When: Saturday, February 28th
    Time: TO BE DECIDED
    Where: Jangosmom's House - RSVP in here to get directions!

Bring $ for Pizza!

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Sonya + Seth!

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Did you guys vote on a time at the last meeting? Any suggestions if you didn't?

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I discussed times with Debbie to see what would be best for her and Ryan. We came up with 1:00.

When you RSVP, please let me know what type of pizza you like. I'll go pick it up before 1:00 so we can dig in right away. Please make sure you bring some cash as I can't afford to feed the group. (Wish I could!)

Stuart, thank you for getting this thread up and going!!!!

5. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, canadian bacon and pineapple, anything I don't like I don't mind picking off.

6. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Well, I guess this will be two meetings in a row for us. We will not be able to make this one.
    The school custodian, our friend Terry, passed away and his furneral is going to be on the 28th. I'm really sorry to be missing another meeting. I hope to see at least some of you at our Stargazing Night the next weekend on March 6th.
    We miss you all,
    Minda & girls

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I can try and be there. I'm 5 miles closer than before, so it would be easier to get there. I'd have to leave kind of early, though.

I'll eat anything on pizza as long as it's not anchovies, LOL.

8. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    A tentative yes from me.

9. Darth_Cookie_Monster

Darth_Cookie_Monster Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2008
    I'll be there, I just need an address/directions/ phone# in case I get lost, etc...

or if anybody wants to carpool let me know, I'm in fontana.

as for pizza.... meats and lots of it! (yeah, I know. typical guy response!)

kevin

10. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Hi, Kevin- I just sent you a pm with address and phone number.

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Saw this:

"Hey Everyone! The Los Angeles Kings Hockey Team is hosting Star Wars Night on Thursday, March 5th at 730 PM vs. Dallas Stars. Tickets start at $20 and are all discounted. Please come dressed...best gets a prize. Please NO Helmets, Masks or Weapons...its a security thing. If you have never seen hockey live this is the time to experience it. I LOVE the Kings and STAR WARS so I combined the two. Hope to see you at the Staples Center! Please call 213-742-7219 to purchase tickets. See you There!"

12. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Awww. That sounds awesome!!

Sadly, we're not going to make it.
    Have lots and lots of fun for us!!!!!
    We'll miss you all!!!

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Less peeps... :( You'll be missed, Nikol! [:D] Maybe I can take along the video camera just in case anyone does anything funny...of course with this group that's a given. ;)

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Debbie, thank you so much for opening up your house to us. Your home is so comfortable and inviting. Everybody that walks in your door feels welcome!

We actually ended up covering a lot more than I expected. I'll do my best to summerized (not a strong point of mine) and get minutes out.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    It was soooo nice seeing you guys again! It always feels like a family reunion when this group gets together. :)

16. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    It was great to see you all and you are always welcome!

17. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes, thank you very much Debbie for letting us into your lovely home. The rest of you missed out on interesting dinner conversation! :eek:[face_whistling]

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    .... are you bringing that up again? [face_sick]

Ha ha!!!

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My first attempt at Minutes:

Minutes of 2/28/09 IEFF Meeting

Well, we ate a lot of pizza, talked about a lot of different things and had a good afternoon and evening.

Here are a few of the events that are coming up that we discussed.

March 5: Star Gazing in Riverside

March 14: Paul Biane Library Telethon

May 2: FCBD ? In the past, Stuart has organized this event. Stuart? are you taking it on again?

May 16: Debbie?s concert at Angel City Cafe in Bellflower at 7pm.

May 29: Star Wars day at Paul Biane Library in Victoria Gardens. Sonya is organizing this one. More info to come.

June 27: Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland

Wolverine and Star Trek are both opening in May. Some of us would like to go. We need dates and can discuss it at the March meeting.

Elections will be held in June. All positions will be open. Please start thinking about holding a position.

April 4th will be the opening weekend of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire. It?s held at the Santa Fe Dam in Irwindale. Go here for more information: http://renfair.com/socal/ Tickets are $21 each or 3 for $50 all online. We?re planning on a group trip on the 4th and will finalize plans at the next meeting.

We discussed costuming standards for IEFF events. Even though we?re not a costuming group, we still do events that some of us wear costumes. It was decided that some sort of standards need to be established in ordered to keep the integrity of the IEFF. They won?t be as strict at the RL or 501st, but we need some guidelines.

Here are a few things mentioned for costumed events: Younglings (age wasn?t set) can wear Target/Wal-Mart type costumes. Those without costumes should either wear an IEFF shirt or some sort of SW shirt. All costumes need to be somewhat modest as this is a family group.

It was decided to create a new position to help come up with these guidelines. (Costume Advisor/Master of the Threads) Since Kevin has been involved in costuming for many years. He said he?d help with this and would create some guidelines for us to decide on.

The next meeting will be Saturday, March 21 at Debbie?s house at 1:00. Another pizza party. Everyone needs to bring money to pitch in for the food.

20. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Good job, Kari!

21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Hey, not bad for a first try. =D=

22. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    good job Kari!

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    May 2: FCBD ? In the past, Stuart has organized this event. Stuart? are you taking it on again?

I'll talk to Chris about this, I most likely wont be able to make it as I have an exam in May. Someone else will need to take this one this year, I'll speak with Chris then set up a thread.

We discussed costuming standards for IEFF events. Even though we?re not a costuming group, we still do events that some of us wear costumes. It was decided that some sort of standards need to be established in ordered to keep the integrity of the IEFF. They won?t be as strict at the RL or 501st, but we need some guidelines.

Here are a few things mentioned for costumed events: Younglings (age wasn?t set) can wear Target/Wal-Mart type costumes. Those without costumes should either wear an IEFF shirt or some sort of SW shirt. All costumes need to be somewhat modest as this is a family group.

In all the years and events the IEFF has participated in i've never seen any of us turn up in anything that would be inapproriate or unrecognisable as a SW costume. There's no cardboard jedis or troopers in here! You guys all have great costumes. I would suggest the part in orange above would be more than adequate guidelines for this group of scallywags!

Great minutes, it was like I was there!

EDIT: I will try and get the website updated soon!

24. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you Kari, for doing the minutes. You did a great job. We plan on being at the next meeting. I know it is not easy to do the minutes, so thank you so much for doing this. Also, thank you to Nicole for doing the minutes the time before this one. You did a great job with it. I had a really hard time hearing everything that was discussed at that meeting what with the way the tables were.

25. Darth_Cookie_Monster

Darth_Cookie_Monster Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.