Evan, IN *February 8th Meeting*

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Our next general meeting is Saturday, February 8th at 12:00 Noon at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave.

The tentative agenda:

Daredevil Event
    Book Club Update
    Collecting
    Gaming
    TCG Games(If everyone is still up for this, we are going to try to play TCG after each general meeting. Bring your cards!!)

And this time...*waves hand in front of monitor*...Jill & Andrew *will* bring the logo for all to see. 8-}

Anything else?...
  2. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the season for speech so I will not make the meeting. Hopefully you can do without the nametags and the bad stormtrooper sales pitches again. I really hate to miss two meetings in a row, especially since I have my new TCG cards. If you are still playing the game at 4:eek:O I will be there. :)

I will send out a reminder e-mail and I'll get caught up at the book club.
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Cole, you're going to listen to the Vector Prime Audiobook if I have to walk over to Reitz and place it in your hands. :p
  4. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh-Oh. I was just set to send Cole an e-mail about this when I checked the boards.

I too will miss this next meeting. I have a meeting in Louisville.

Can someone or a couple of someones run the meeting since Cole & I both will not be there? *cough-Matt* *cough-Adam* *cough-Nathan*?

Please!!

Let us know...
  5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Do I get colours or a title? :p
  6. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm sure the three of us will be able to handle it?provided Stakky doesn't go on a rant about Wes "I'm completely unimportant" Janson. :)
  7. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Uh...Small probelem guys. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to be there either. It's not set in stone yet, though, so I'll see what I can do.

If not, it's all in the hands of Stackpole and Nathan. "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_plain]

Hmmm...

Okay. Mr. Mouth will be disappointed. :p
  9. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys...

You serve your Master well, and you will be rewarded...
  10. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks soooo much!

Stacky, if you get a fancy (probably random knowing you) title, I get a title... :)
  11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    My title's the first line of my siggy. :D

Cole, as the founder I would have thought you would get something. (no OPPMs maybe?) ;) :p
  12. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    It would be cool to have a title, but I can't think of anything creative to call myself. Still, titiles are nice...hint hint
  13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Hows aboot...

GRAND SUPREME FOUNDER of the E'ville Jedi

:)
  14. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm already having delusions of grandeur...
    GRAND SUPREME FOUNDER is a bit long.
  15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Superboy of the E'ville Jedi. :p
  16. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Superboy of the E'ville Jedi.

LOL...I love it. [face_laugh]

No doubt Cole and some of our other members deserve titles. IMO as the club becomes bigger we will need to have more elected offices & titles.

17. Taelys Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've had very little sleep this week or otherwise your little mind trick would not work on me.

I'm supposed to be setting up my internet connection, hopefully I'll try tomorrow before my day is gobbled away. I've done the logo on a computer at work, but there is no color printer there so I have to transfer the file and print it at home, going from Mac to PC (thank heavens for email [face_love] )

Taelys
  18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh good. [daveattel]Get some sleep![/daveattel]
  19. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there but have to leave >_< I have to work saturday...... will bring basic un texted logo.......
  20. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi all:

I'd like to attend the meeting, but I have to work Sat. from 8am-1pm, and then cross the bridge from Hendo to E'ville. Would the club still be doing anything at 1:30? If so, what should I bring or do? I have never been to any of the other meetings so I am not sure.
    Thanks
    Matt
    MTFBWY

P.S.
    Is any one else upset over the *aparent rudeness* from a Dark Horse Editor to the fan community? I'm refering to the DHC discussion boards linked on TFN Lit board.
  21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I saw that. [face_plain] Some people.

A lot of people won't be able to make it, huh?

Everybody come to Daredevil event, though. Be one of the first seven at the cinema (Showplace East) and I'll cover your admission! ;)
  22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, here's what happened for those...all of you who didn't make it. :p

Katie and Lord_Skywalker were there. Jill and Nathan showed up later.
    I called the meeting to order and we discussed DareDevil. The cinema does not have times for showings yet because they don't know how many prints they'll be getting. [face_exasperated] I will be going in every day until we have times. When I have the times, I'll post a poll or something and everyone can vote.
    Book Club: Katie covered the update: We actually talked about the book for a while. Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore is up next. That will be the 25th of February, I think.
    Collecting: 2003 figures should be showing up soon.
    At this time it was brought to my attention that we should have elected a new CR in January or re-elected Scott. A motion was made that we hold the election next general meeting, March 8.
    Gaming: We haven't had a gaming person for awhile now. Nathan brought in a printout of the new Death Star card.
    We then devolved into a Book Club-like discussion of the EU. :p

That's about it. :)
  23. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for running the meeting Stacky.

Point of order. I agree that we need to hold CR elections some time, but I am not sure that we were tied down to doing them in January. We never made by-laws that said this and I don't really remember deciding anything at time of the last election. (correct me if I'm wrongo) I guess it doesn't really matter. On with the elections!
  24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    You're quite welcome.

As for elections, I'm just going by what Nathan told me.
  25. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, thanks again Stackky...

I think when we do start having regular elections, January will be the logical time. This all goes back to becoming more offical (no rush) and at one time I'm sure some of you will remember, we were going to have our by-laws looked at by a lawyer but that never panned out.

I'm fine with discussing this matter further, including creating more offices if it all works out and have elections in March or whenever. We may still want to keep it small and simple since we are headed into a bit of a lull, with no movie coming out until 2005. Don't get me wrong, I still want to work hard to increase our membership. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.