main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February 9th Meeting in Dayton

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I cannot change the feb 2nd meeting due to a 1 week minimum posting rule, so it will still take place at the tri-county Border's at 7pm, However next weekend's meeting will be at the Border's near the Dayton Mall. It will begin at 7pm and here is the address if anyone doesn't know where it is...2040 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, Dayton, OH 45459. At the meeting we can decide where IN DAYTON we wish to hold future meetings, And all future meetings WILL be held in Dayton. I cannot wait to meet all of you, I have alot of great ideas for this fanforce and I hope you all do also. May the Force be with you all.

2. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I was just going to suggest this. No reason we can't have another meeting in the month. If anyone needs a lift to the Dayton Mall I can drive if within reason. I'm close to the AF museum. Obviously we aren't going to decide where every meeting is but discussing future locations is definitely needed. Also it's a good time to look into what people want to do for activities etc that we can start preplanning. I'll bring a pen and paper and be there on the 9th. Drop me a PM if you need a lift.

3. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Unfortunately, due to prior commitments, I will not be able to attend this meeting either. I hope we'll get announcements further in advance. I realize that this is just the beginnings of the group here in Dayton and I hope to attend as many as I can (which may not be many since I am still a good hour away).

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I put up the announcement for the next meeting.

Depending on group size or dynamics, two things can be very useful: using a poll for determining when the next meeting will be or setting up a regular schedule after a few meetings to get the feel of people's availability.

For example, Minnesota Force's book clubs are held about a month after the release and Riibu starts a poll on what day/time works the best. However, monthly meetings are always on the second Saturday of the month. That way, people will always know when they are. It's hard for people who work Saturdays so other activities like RPG, books, picnics are usually on Sundays or during week nights. My only other advice on the topic is do not make every meeting into a poll and don't have it if one person can't come....you'll never find a date.

Best wishes soon to be official Dayton! :)

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Those are excellent suggestions. We will discuss those ideas along with our current agenda at the feb 9th meeting. Thank you for all your help and support Erica, It is greatly appreciated.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    wow...you guys are moving fast...

you must of had so much fun at the first meeting that you started your second right away. :p

Good Luck & best Wishes,

J.Sat
    co-President of the NJ Order.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hope everything went well with your meeting tonight, you guys were a subject of our meeting today...things are going well so far.

My advice would be to start thinking about who you want to have as Chapter Rep for your board with Fanforce.net. In our case, I was the one who lead many of the early developments (and the only one willing to take on the job). Once you've become an "official" chapter (after your third meeting)...having someone as CR makes communication with Fanforce, and your neighboring Fanforce chapters alot simpler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.