Provo February Activity - Life, the Universe, and Everything

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

There is an updated event schedule available HERE.

SkalenFehl got you down for a Jedi Knight. Corrin_Wyndryder have you down for the other X-Wing pilot.

Later,
  2. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't think I'll be able to help out after all. Turns out there's a ward social that Saturday that I'm in charge of (don't ya just love callings??). I'll probably be able to stop by and see y'all, though.
  3. Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, it's been awhile since I posted. You probably thought I was dead. I was just addicted to Neverwinter Nights, but I finally got my character to level 20 so I can quit now. I don't think I'll be able to make it to the activity, what with work and all. Oh, Mike, I still have your Star Wars Christmas Special. Want it back? It was amusing, but I wouldn't want to sit through it twice.
  4. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sewing size fourteen and would love to wear any of the Princess Leia costumes...
  5. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure Danny would love to see you in the outfit Jabba had her in.
  6. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, yes he would. He's told me that. I'm sure that other people would like to see it too, but no cigar for them. And that's not because I would look good or bad in it, they'd just go "Ooo, half naked chic!" I could have no figure at all and they'd still say that.
  7. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    LaurenFett, I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it. :(

LeiaTygre, I'm not sure if the Princess Leia costumes will fit you. The classic white, hooded Leia costume may fit. If you like, you're welcome to try on the costumes before the event. Otherwise, I do have a Shmi costume that will fit any size.

Let me know.

Later,
  8. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'll go but I won't dress up in costume... unless it's my padme one
  9. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I could wear the hooded one or the Schmi one. Schmi hair and makeup is easier to do. I can never get my hair in those buns properly because my hair is so thin.
    I'll just show up on Saturday and see what happens.
  10. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Go with Shmi.

I'll be at the panel, but I'll either not dress up, or wear my own robes, if I can even find them.

You guys are gonna come to my panels, right? Especially the SW one on Friday?

Dana
  11. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    As Friday is Valentine's Day, I plan on spending that with my sweetheart elsewhere. But thank you for the invitation, Dantana.
  12. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone else thing the person who planned this for VALENTINE'S WEEKEND was smoking something!? I guess they thought that only single people wanted to go, and that it would give them something to do so they didn't feel bad on Single's Awareness Day.

Sorry if that came off offensive.
    It seems to me that they're either going to have a bigger turn out than usual (because people are bringing dates) or smaller than usual (because people are going to much more romantic locals for their dates).

The only reason I'm going to be able to go is because my husband works everyday that weekend, so we celebrated V Day last week.
  13. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Eh, speaking up for the symposium committee here... I may be wrong, but from what I understand, the symposium keeps getting screwed over by BYU scheduling. It's been in March during past years, and last year they put it in February during the Olympic break because hey, no school. Then I think they just kept it in February this year.

I don't think anyone on the committee actually had much control over when it was scheduled. And whether they did or not, I don't think Valentine's Day weekend is a good time to do it, either.

Anyway. Just so you guys know about costumes. Costumes worn during costuming panels are fine, costumes worn while you are out and about the symposium are *not* okay unless it's Saturday, or unless it's after 5 pm on Thursday and Friday. And absolutely no masks/helmets (unless it's during, say, a Star Wars costuming panel). :) And even then they'd have to put on the mask/helmet/face covering in the room the panel is in. BYU is concerned about costumes being worn during school hours. ....No comment from me.

-Mia
  14. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's so sad. Sometimes BYU is a fuddy-duddy. :(
  15. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a question;

Where in the Wilkinson Center do you want models to meet you at, Mike?
  16. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    HOLY Smokes it's on Valentine's day!?

j/k

we'll see I'm open or not. ;)
  17. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

I will have detailed instructions on when and where we will be meeting in the next day or two. Certainly by Wednesday. ;)

LeiaTygre, you should be able to fit in the Princess Leia cosutmes. The costumes were made for my wife who is a sewing size 12. If you do wear one of the Princess Leia costumes, we have a very nice wig. The girl on the lefthand images of this board is wearing that wig. ;)

Anyone else who wants to wear a costume for the Star Wars costuming panel on SATURDAY(The day after Valentines ;))? I will be opening these positions up to other acquaintances as I would like to fill all the cosutmes I mentioned in the first post.

BTW, the WAMPA from the local 501st Alpine Garrison will be in attendance. This costume is a MUST SEE in person. It's VERY impressive! :D

Later,
  18. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    The symposium has been wonderful so far! I'm suddenly sad we only have one day left! *sniff* Despite my stresses with running around and AV equipment and refilling water pitchers for certain panelists... ;) I've had a great time.

I've also had the chance to meet a few of you - hope I'll get to meet more tomorrow! Turns out that a lot of us went to the same high school...

Anyone who wants to come to more than just the costuming panel, there are other things to do tomorrow, including other media panels, and writing and art panels, as well as the medieval feast in the evening.

-Mia
  19. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Mia,

Which High School was that? ;)

Later,
  20. LeiaTygre Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was so great to meet you Mia! The symposium has been fun. And the "Jedi shall not know love" panel was indeed fabulous and made me think deeper about GL's writing and the plot twists.
  21. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Timpview. Timpview High School.

And yes, the Jedi and love panel was really good! I'm glad there was such an interest in it, and people brought up some good points about Palpy working behind the scenes possibly, etc. Thank goodness for fanfic, now my head is spinning with ideas!

-Mia
  22. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

Thanks to everyone who came down and helped model costumes for the event. I REALLY appreciate your time and effort. :D

Thank you also to Mia(aka April) who made the arrangements for us to be there.

Photos coming soon.

BTW... I also went to High School locally at Mountain View. ;)

Later,
  23. Boraccio Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was a lot of fun, Mike. Thanks for providing the costumes.

I also went to Moutain View, but I think I missed you by a year or two.
  24. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    I really appreciate all of you for being willing to do that. I know that even people that were walking by stopped to take a quick peek into the panel, even if they couldn't stay. And I saw quite a few faces light up. A couple people on the committee were still mentioning about how awesome it was hours later.

Well. Symposium is done. I can't think coherently anymore, but it was nice to meet all of you! Sleep calls...

-Mia
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.