main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo February activity: ~Sat., Feb. 16, 12 pm~ (part of LTUE, Feb. 14-16)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    What: Lunch at BYU during LTUE
    Where: We'll meet outside the Cougareat in the hallway, just in front of Sugar and Spice
    When: Saturday, Feb. 16, 12 pm sharp!!

We'll be meeting right at 12 to have lunch, since the main address ends at 11:50 and one of us is on a panel at 1 pm.

So I wrote up a post reminding everyone about LTUE (been hectic with school), and realized there was already one up. Heh. So here you go anyway. ;)

LTUE (Life, the Universe, & Everything) is an annual sci-fi & fantasy symposium at BYU. This year, it's from 9 am-9 pm, on Feb. 14-16 (that's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). Saturday's hours go from 9-6.

It's all on the 3rd floor of the Wilkinson Student Center on BYU campus, and it's all free! There are panels, workshops, presentations, and fun activities all having to do with SF. Feel free to attend for an hour out of the entire 3 days, a few random hours here and there, just one day, or all 3 days! It's an open, fun atmosphere where you can come and go as you need. Registration is fast and very easy, and there's a food court on the floor below so you don't have to leave panels for long. ;)

Guests of Honor:
    Gail Carson Levine (author)
    Orson Scott Card (author)
    Kevin Wasden (artist)

There are a few special guests and lots of participating guests, full of local authors and artists and others in the community who have an interest in SF. You can find lots of more info like the schedule at the LTUE website.

Come and support the SF community! Even if you can only come for a couple hours, please register, because it helps them know how many people showed up! :D

-Mia

2. Allofthemonkeys

Allofthemonkeys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2007
    Sounds good. When, on what day, and where? Lets party.

3. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I can't make it on Thursday, will be there on and off on Friday. We could all try to meet around lunchtime on Saturday?

-Mia

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll be there all three days.

5. Allofthemonkeys

Allofthemonkeys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2007
    Sounds good at the moment. I may stop by on Thursday too, its when I am at BYU for ROTC. I'll be the guy in camo.

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea. I could be there around lunchtime on Saturday. I need to meet more members of the group and I have only been to one activity before, so I dont know the others I already met that well yet either

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, lunchtime on Saturday would be fun. On thursday, I'll be the one wandering around in a red suede coat and a Darth Vader was Framed shirt, most likely.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Saturday I can do. The rest of this week's a little nutty for me.

9. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Yeah, it sounds like Saturday's the best time for everyone. Sweet. Will get more details up in the first post tomorrow!

-Mia

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Katey's on panels at 9 and 1 on Saturday and I'm presenting at 4, so if we could work around those things, it would be great.

11. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    *nods* Yeah, that's why I'm looking at the schedule tonight to see what time would work best. I'm thinking noon, but want to double check. :)

-Mia

12. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Updated the title and first post with details. If anyone is confused, PM me before Saturday! :) We'll decide where to eat once everyone's there. See you at LTUE!

-Mia

13. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I wanted to be there, but I had something else going on that day and wasn't able to make it. I need to make it to more activities. I still haven't met many people in the group yet.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We'd love to see you again at activities. Last month's activity was wicked fun.