February FanForce Meeting/Bowl-o-rama

Discussion in 'Knoxville, TN' started by Jar Jar, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    The next meeting for the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Friday February 18th at 7:00pm at AMF Fountain Lanes on North Broadway. Here is the address:

3315 North Broadway Street
    Knoxville, TN. 37917

As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

See you guys then!
  2. Sith_Hobbit Jedi Knight

3. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    "Things seem to have worked out pretty good for the Dude and Walter, and it was a pretty good story, dontcha' think?

Made me laugh to beat the band.. Parts, anyway."

Unlike the Dude, I'd say our bowling scores won't be all that great. In fact, I can prove it with math!

Geeks + Bowling = Lowest. Scores. Ever!

I don't care that I'm not good at bowling or any other activity that requires physical coordination, I just don't want to get hit by my own bowling ball. That my friends would suck.
  4. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well my screw up... I'll be in DC then for an anime con. Good thing I guess though, because I is no good at bowling :p Let me know how it goes though, and if everybody wants to try it again sometime. See ya'll in march.
  5. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    We is miss u two, Rows! :)

Have fun in DC, and say hi to Kaneda for me!
  6. volplayer1 Jedi Padawan

Anyone invited? Also, how many usually show up for meetings?
  7. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Absolutely no one is allowed to come to the meeting, including myself. I am very sorry about that.

Of course I am just kidding around. All FanForce meetings are open to the public, so if you are in the neighborhood next Friday feel free to join us for some insane bowling mayhem. Now how many people do I mean by "us"? Well, that varies from meeting to meeting, but we usually have around 4-6 folks and there could be more or less based on the whims of Darth Real Life.

Besides meeting other Star Wars fans you could win a Wicket the Ewok board game, so come on down! :)
  8. smuggler1186 Jedi Knight

Hey, Force-sensitive dudes and dudettes. I won't be able to make it Friday, I'm sick with pneumonia. I keep imagining that there's a little Dagobah swamp building in my chest. And also, I started a new job a week ago at the Olive Garden on Parkside, so I'm not sure what my hours are going to be like anymore. But hopefully I'll get to see you all before May.
  9. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    :( I hope you get to feeling better!
  10. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    OH btw I am trying to get some more people to go with me... Maybe I should use my Jedi mind trick on them *You WILL come bowling with me*
  11. smuggler1186 Jedi Knight

12. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Angi says that she is bringing in some reinforcements, so that's awesome news! :)

I have been a little under the weather, also known as coughing up the skittles rainbow, so I know exactly what you mean. Fortunately I feel a good deal better than I did this morning or I probably wouldn't have made it myself. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to join us and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Oh, and good luck at the OG, which is an acronymn for both the Olive Garden and Original Gangsta.. Weird huh?
  13. smuggler1186 Jedi Knight

14. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    OMG I had a BLAST! We should so do more stuff like that, and you know what, we always end up at Aplebees, lol, maybe we should start out there.
  15. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that it was a lot of fun, so if you guys want to bowl, play some pool, go jousting, or whatever I'm all for it. We could even meet at Applebee's to start if that works better, but the plan right now is just to set it up for Mancino's again in March. That doesn't mean that we can't go somewhere else from there, it's just that it is a good place to meet and folks are familiar with it.

I'm kind of kicking myself because I really wish we had talked about this some more at the meeting, but I'm up for whatever you guys would like to do.
  16. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and you're welcome! Hopefully you'll be able to make it out to meetings again but if not, seeing as we might be changing restaurants, maybe we could look into using the Olive Garden. Just a thought. :)
  17. smuggler1186 Jedi Knight

I don't suggest that. I wouldn't really see you guys since I'd be working, and on Friday's the table waits are about 45 min. to 1 1/2 hr long. I don't think it would be worth it. Hey, have the next meeting on March 11th. It's my birthday so hopefully I'll be off.
  18. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.