main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN February FanForce meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The next meeting for Knoxville FanForce will be Friday February the 20th at 7:00pm. As is the usual custom, we will meet at Mr. Gatti's on Kingston Pike. As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions feel free to post here or PM or email me.

See you there!

2. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Didn't see anyone there... got there around 6:50, ate pizza, read a book... ate more pizza... left around 8:20...
    Did anyone show up later?

Fenn

3. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    We were in the Keys... I am burned to a crisp! Sorry I didn't make it, I will probably be able to go next month.

4. parrotheadprincess

parrotheadprincess Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    We thought about you the whole time though :)

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Unfortunately I didn't make it to the meeting either. I went to a little get together some co-workers had that night and forgot about the meeting entirely. I apologize for that, but now I'm in a real jam.

I have changed positions at my job. I am now working 10:30-7:30pm and have Sundays and Tuesdays off. Unless I moved the Meetings to Tuesday I couldn't make it out to Mr. Gatti's until about 8:15 and with Mr. Gatti's closing at 9:00 that wouldn't make much sense. This situation is about to get even more interesting when my new department moves to weekends off for everyone. When that happens, I have no clue what to do.

Anyway, that's my dilemma. I could schedule this month's meeting for Friday as usual or something else, I'll leave that up to you guys. If I don't hear anything on it one way or the other by the 10th (next Wednesday) I'll just schedule it for the 19th (Friday the Friday after next) at 7:00 per the usual meeting schedule.

6. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    I'll be taking long weekends shooting American Scary out-of-town the next few weekends in a row, so a Tuesday night actually works better for me...

7. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    so, is it the 19th... or what?

8. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Dunno... I'm in New York right now... :)

We interviewed Commander USA tonight... THAT was fun... [face_devil]

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yeah, let's do the 19th because my work situation is just getting too complicated for words and it looks like Friday is about all that's going to work. This whole situation is starting to wear on my nerves but that is a different story .

Let's just go for the 19th at 7:00.

10. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Whew. Fanforce has really slowed down eh? Sorry I haven't been about, changing jobs, life, it goes on, all that jazz. I have a feeling things won't really pick up till next year as it will be movie year. (woo hoo!)

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Most of the folks from 2002 took off in 2003. There's no way to know exactly what happened, but that's just part of it. All I know is I still have FanForce meetings and I still enjoy myself and folks are still coming. Why don't you swing by this Friday if you can? We won't bite, I swear! ;)

12. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Have some pizza for me... I'll have to miss this one, as I'll be in Cleveland and/or Pittsburgh...

Fenn

13. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Hey, long time FanForce lurker here. I moved to Knox middle of last year (all my family is here, just grew up somewhere else) and have started school at pellissip. Aaaanyway, I've been wanting to get more envolved in my Star Wars fandom, and my anticipation and determination to go to Celebration3 has pushed me too. My point being I'd like to meet up at the next meeting, if that's cool. Even if it's just a few ppl, I know I'd really enjoy it. Same place as listed for the feb. meeting above?

14. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I think its Friday at 7 at Mr. Ghattis. Look foward to seeing you there!

15. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Yep, I'll be there! Looking forward to it too!

16. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Great meeting! I'll definately make this a regular thing as long as I can make it to them. It was great meeting those who were there. Thanks for the welcome.

17. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    It was a great meeting, nice seeing all of you guys again! Its always good to meet new members, welcome again :D

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I wanted to say the same thing too. We had a good meeting on Friday and I just wanted to thank everyone for coming (if I didn't already at the meeting). As always, if you guys want to meet at different places or have any suggestions or ideas to make things better, let me know.

I will go ahead and announce now that the next meeting will be Friday April 9th at Mr. Gatti's again. I am going to make a thread for it later but I just thought I'd left folks know here too. The reason for making it early in the month instead of more like a month apart is I know my schedule won't change up until then. After that, my schedule is likely to change and I may not be able to make the meeting I scheduled.

On a different note, irregardless of how crazy my work schedule is or will be I don't really have an excuse to be so neglectful on the boards. I will get better about that and I am also going to update the old FanForce flyers and re-distribute them once I know what my work schedule will consistently be. If I know what my schedule will be by the next meeting then I'll post it up and make some flyers for it.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I'll put a meeting thread up later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.