main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass February Meet planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well guys what shall we do fo February?

Still have the STAR WARS Exhibit at the Boston Museum of Science.
    I will try to get some updates on the upcoming special events for this exhibit.

Edit Update:
    Friday, February 3, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. $10.00. Ticket includes dessert reception, 8:30 - 9:30 p.m.
    Featuring: Guest artist from Industrial Light & Magic to be announced

In March :

Costume Weekend
    Friday, March 10, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, March 11, 10:00 ?5:00 p.m. Visitors dressed as a character from the Star Wars films will receive a discount coupon to the Planetarium show, Far, Far Away: The Worlds of Star Wars and, on Saturday only, learn how to make an authentic Star Wars costume from the 501st Legion, the New England-based fan association officially recognized by Lucasfilm. Visitors in costume can stop by a registration table in the main lobby for their coupon to the Planetarium show.

Star Wars Origami
    March 18, Presentations at 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. Free with Exhibit Halls admission.
    Chris Alexander has been creating origami ? the ancient art of sculpting with paper ? since he was five years old. At 13, when he saw the first Star Wars movie, it changed his life. He has created over 40 Star Wars origami figures. Join Chris, a seasoned member of Origami U.S.A. and the Rosamond Folding Fanatics, to learn how to create many beloved Star Wars figures in origami during three one-hour sessions on how to create some of the Star Wars characters and vehicles with origami. Museum visitors will be able to try their hand at origami too. Included with Exhibit Halls admission. For more information, call 617/589-0316

Or Something else?

What dates are you available to go to February's meet?

I am available every weekend except February 11,12, and 25th.

So how about you guys?

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not positive when I work this month on the weekends. I do know that I work the weekend of the 18th and I think I work on Sunday the 12th. Fridays are out for me because of my night job unless I ask for it off then that shouldn't be a problem I just need to know well in advance.

I say the SW exhibit would be a very good next meet. If not maybe have it at a place like Jillian's or something like that. Maybe a game day, light sabre building, or something like that.

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    If you guys go to Jillians, I may just have to stop by, as it's right by my apt.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    After checking I am available for every weekend except Feb 18th and Sunday Feb 5, which I just realize is Super Bowl Sunday. Damn my co-worker I will have to try and get out of work early so I can watch the Steele Curtain take down the Seahawks.

5. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    we will be at the museum of science on feb 3rd. why not jillians right after? regardless we will be at the museum. : )

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Feb 3rd is kind of hard considering Fridays are not easy meets to make because of work for alot of people.

I am not opposed to a Friday meet..what about everyone else?

I do understand that this is difficult to do.

Hope to get a date set soon.

Do we all agree that Jillians in Boston is the location?

Let's get the vote post ASAP!! and on what date is good?

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know this Friday is out for me. I have to work. If I can get enough notice I could do a Friday down the road like maybe the March 10th one.

Jillian's in Boston could be cool. I have only been to the one in Worcester. The other one I was at was in the Mall of America in Minneapolis. That was a good time. I would be up for that say for a Sat afternoon or Sunday afternoon. I have to work this weekend so that is out of me. I know I have next Sunday off and then working the following. So that leaves next Sunday or the last weekend of the month for my availability.

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Has anyone else thought about what we should do this month? I can be free next Sunday 12th all day and who knows maybe Sat evening time depending on what time I get out of work. I can also be available for a Sunday meet on the 26th. If I remember correctly Chris aren't you gone the weekend of the 25th? I am up for anything really. MOS, Jillians either Boston or Worcester, gaming day, light sabre building, bowling, lazer tag, roller skating, karoke, etc. Not sure what else there is around here since I am still fairly new to the area and have limited knowledge of things. I could be available for a Friday night just need to know when so I can ask for it off.

So let's try to get a date down if we make a date I will make every effort to be there I know it is early, but the month will go by fast and before we know it March will be coming in like a Lion.

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I can definetley do the Sunday the 26th of February.

The 25th is my mom's birthday so I can't do that Saturday.

I am away the whole weekend of the 11th and 12th.

If the 26th works out for everyone please let us know and we will make this the date.

And let's hear what else everyone would like to do also

Thanks
    Chris

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    So is the 26th the date for a our Feb meet and is Jillians in Boston the location or do we want to do Worcester? What time are we talking about meeting? Since most of us don't live in Boston do we want to meet somewhere and all go in together?

11. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I'll meet you at Jillians.
    What time is the meet?

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    How does 12 noon sound?

Everyone good with that?

13. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Sounds good. I'll go to sleep early on that Saturday night, and I'll see you guys then.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That sounds like a good time. We are meeting up at the one in Boston right? If it is in Boston can I meet ya at your house to give ya the foosball table.

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Sounds good to me Jorge. The Boston Jillians is a really fun place

We will work out travel plans as the meet gets closer.

Perhaps the commuter rail or drive into Boston. Not sure what I am doing yet.

So far we have:

Darth Dowe
    chewiekingwookie
    DarthLucanas
    -Raldayen-

Anyone else is welcome to come along and bring a friend if they are interested.

People don't have to be a member to attend.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think we need to get the scrolling message fixed to say Feb 26th is the meet at Jillians in Boston not March.

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I will see if I can get that changed.

18. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Unfortunately I'm going to be a no-show for this meet. With the Boston meet this coming weekend there's no way I'll be able to attend meets two weeks in a row.

Hope you guys have a blast.

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think my wife might want to tag along for this one. I mentioned it to her and she said it sounded cool. Are there going to be any other ladies present or is she forced to hang out with a much of male geeks? lol Granted she isn't the biggest SW/sci-fi fan in the world so this might be interesting. lol

20. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    it might be a sausage fest. there seems to be very few sw fans in the boston region fanforce.

ah well =(.

so, can sommeone update the list? who's coming? i think i might showup. whattime?

21. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    We can start showing up at 12 noon at Jillians.

Does anyone know where it is?

If so PM me for information.

I think Jessica is coming also.

JediFonger I will add you to the list.

Darth Dowe
    chewiekingwookie w/ wife
    DarthLucanas w/girlfriend
    -Raldayen-
    JediFonger

There are many pool tables at this place and I have a coupon for a free hour of pool when you pay for the first hour. :)

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I have driven by it going to the airport. I don't know how to get there though. lol

Do you want to meet up at your house prior to Chris? I still have the Foosball table for ya.

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Sounds fine with me, I will see you on Sunday around 10:45 a.m. alright?

24. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Jillians is on Landsdowne street, just down the street from Fenway Park. The best way to get there is by the T... take the Green Line to Kenmore, and walk across the Pike to Landsdowne Street. If you're driving, you have to get off at the Pru exit and work your way back down Comm Ave. past Mass Ave. to get into Kenmore Square, and then turn left onto Brookline Ave. There you'll drive over the Pike and see Landsdowne on the left. There is a parking lot directly on the right, where Landsdowne meets Brookline Ave.

I'll just be walking from my Kenmore Square apt. :)

I believe Chris still has my cell #, so feel free to call me if y'all get lost.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    10:45 sounds good to me Chris. I will meet yall then. Not sure if my wife is coming or not. It all depends on the week she has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.