main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Which C2 autograph is it?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm looking to collect all the official C2 autographs that were available. Currently I have all 4 Carrie Fishers and the triple-signed Fett/Vader/Lando one. I bought the latter at the con last November, and while I was purchasing it the rest of the group was getting their picture taken with Billy Dee Williams. :p :) I forgive them all though. :)

So yeah, I'm looking for all the other autographs, which is a lot to try to collect. I have the rest of my life though! I'll finish it someday. :)

3. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Sounds cool.
    I think theres a lot, I'm kicking myself I didn't get them while I was there.
    I met Ben Burrt and Anthony Daniels in the convention center though!

4. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Who's still going? How will I find you all?

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, we haven't yet set up a specific time to meet. We should do that! Hehe. The show starts at 10am, but like Scott said, we don't have to meet at 10am. What do you guys think? 10am? 11am? noon? later?

As far as where we'll be meeting, I have no idea. I'll let Scott take that one. ;)

We have some meet pictures on the website that should help people identify us. Some of us will probably have Boston Rebels t-shirts on. I can also give my cell phone number to anyone who's worried about not being able to find us. Of course, if you don't have a cell phone, that's a pretty useless suggestion. :)

List of attendance that I have so far:
    Scott
    Roy
    Mark (BOBAFETISH)
    Chris (DarthLucanas)
    me!
    Tony
    Dex
    Joe
    Paul (darth_paul)
    Ed

If I missed anyone, sorry! Please post so we know who to expect. Especially if you're female! I'm feeling a little lonely on that list! ;)

6. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    The list should actually look like this:

Scott
    Roy
    Mark (BOBAFETISH)
    Chris (DarthLucanas)
    Roseanna
    Dex
    Joe
    Paul (darth_paul)
    Ed

I will not be attending, for I must catch up on my schoolwork this weekend. See you in Maaahch.

7. BOBAFETISH

Feb 19, 2001
    T-shirts! Where'd you get those made? I'm so jealous I could spit.

I'm bringing the wife along, even though she doesn't like Star Wars or Comic Books.I'll be wearing a white New England Patriots hat and a blue Pats jacket as well. I'll also be really handsome. :)

8. BOBAFETISH

Feb 19, 2001
    I just clicked the links for both the event and the flyer- They both no longer work. Is this thing still going on?

9. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Its still on. Thelinks are messed up for some reason.

here is the coupon.

here is the show info

10. BOBAFETISH

Feb 19, 2001
    Thanks TK

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    We are meeting at ten o'clock ..right?

12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I plan on being there at or before 10.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Does meeting at 10am not work for anyone? I can be there at 10am. Where should we gather at?

Does anyone want to grab lunch sometime in the afternoon?

I will be wearing my Darth Vader World Tour t-shirt and jeans. I'll also be lugging around my red bag and black coat. :)

14. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The show should be upstairs in a Function Room. We can meet in the Hall outside of that room.

I'm up for lunch later in the day.

Not sure what I'll be wearing yet but I'll have a black bag to store all my new comics in. Only 3 more issues to go in my Star Wars hunt.

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Anymore Darth Vader World tour shirts I would love one?

Also can someone print out an extra coupon I don't have a printer. Thanks.

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I will be going but I have to go back to work at 12:00 but I am only working until 3 maybe 4 on Sunday.
    So my attendance will be short but I work next to Loews so I don't have far to go.

So if you guys are still around I will meet up with you later. Please let me know.
    I will be in area as early as 8:30 since I am getting out of work at 8:00 that morning.
    So let me know where to meet up with the ultra early arrivers.

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    They are having an early preview at 9:00 A.M. and I plan being there for that. If you want to meet up that would be cool.

18. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Sounds good to me Scott I will see you there then early.

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Excellent. Anyone else that wants to come early is welcome as well.

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Haha, sorry, not me. I'll be there at 10am though. My weekend is already painful enough working at 8am tomorrow. I'm sleeping on Sunday. :p

As a group, how about we meet at 10am outside this "Function Room". We can hang out at the show until we get bored, and then go get something to eat. Does that work for everyone?

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Works for me. I plan to buy what I need early then get some sketches and such.

22. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Not sure what my plans are for the day still :) But I'm sure I will run into you all at some point!

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Remember, if you're worried about finding us, I'd be happy to provide you with my cell number. Just PM me if you want it. :)

I don't know if any of you remember this, but last year around this time Krash, one of the Midwest RSAs, posted about an event called "Bowl for Kids' Sake", a Big Brothers/Big Sisters fundraising event. The Jedi Knights of Cleveland (my local FanForce at home in Ohio) put together a team to bowl, and they're asking for sponsors. Here are some more details:

BBBS is the largest provider of one-to-one youth mentoring services in the united States. In Greater Cleveland, BBBS impacts the lives of over 1,600 children each year.

Every $100 raised at this event allows BBBS to screen one new child/family or volunteer for admittance into the program. And every $700 raised allows them to serve 1 child for an entire year!

I'm going to donate $20 on behalf of the Boston Rebels. If any of you can spare a little cash (even $1 is helpful), it would be greatly appreciated by those in need. Please PM me if you'd like to donate. I can collect donations at the meet, but I'm not going to bug you if you haven't notified me that you want to donate. If you want to donate and aren't going to be at the meet, PM me as well, and we'll see what we can arrange. Thanks in advance from the Jedi Knights of Cleveland! :)

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm back from vacation but I may not be able to go to the meet. Not only do I have to deal with major jet lag but I also have homework due monday. :(

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Welcome back Leah! Don't worry about coming if you're not feeling up to it. I'm pretty sure that if I were in your position I'd be staying home. Hope you had a great time! If you can't come, we'll see you in March. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.