main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that a Comic Show is the only known cure for jet lag and homework.

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    It looks like I'll be going after all. I may not show up till 10:00 though. I'll bring the Hawaii keychains I got for you guys.

3. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    My wife just bagged on me. I'm a no-show.

The humanity. Oh, the humanity.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow...never again will I bring a credit card with me to a toy & comic show. That's likely a total lie, since I couldn't bring myself to do that today. I got some great stuff though! I had a great time. :D

For those of you who couldn't make it, I hope we'll see you in March! I hope no one came that couldn't find us.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I was pretty good and didn't spend as much as I thought I was going to.The fact that nobody had Star Wars #107 had something to do with that.

6. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I was too attached to my bed this morning. Sleep good.

P.S. While I was writing this the lightbulb in the lamp next to the computer exploded with a very loud pop. The glass flew all over the place. It scared the heck out of me.

7. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Sorry I only could stay until 11:30 had to go back to work. It was good to be back at a Rebels meet again. :)

I only saw Scott and Roseanna and I don't know if anyone else was there after I left.
    Got a few things I didn't spend alot either.

I did return at 3:15 after work again and looked around but ... I didn't get anything. [face_plain]

The weird thing was my sister was at the show :eek:
    She was their with her boyfriend who is a comic book fan. And now my sister is inrterested in comics.

Once down the darkpath forever will it control your destiny :p

Hope to see all next month

8. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    So who actually made it to the show?

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I was the only other one (that I know of). I got a sweet deal on an OOT dvd set. That would be original original trilogy :) Maybe next time, I'll get extra crispy...
    I also picked up a few packs of SW guitar picks. very cool!

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I wish the OOT was an option for the upcoming DVD in September. I will have to look for some of those DVD you found Dex and I saw those picks and I totally forgot to go back and get some. Ah.. no big deal I will get some next time. I don't even have a guitar.
    Well I could buy those cool ones I saw at C2 to go with the picks. :p

I was going to get some Star Wars cards but I think Roseanna got all the packs. [face_mischief]
    Just kidding Roseanna I hope you got a few you were looking for.

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry Chris! I have tons of extras, so if you want any of them, let me know! You could have threatened to fight me for them...and I would have given you half of mine. :)

12. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Chris, do yourself a favor and don't get the ones I did! I was stupid in my moment of joy and didn't ask to see what it looked like before I bought it. It's not bad but it's definately not the best. If only I had an extra $200 to drop on a video capture card. Oh well :)
    I really want to get a good version so when the DVDs come out I can make MY editions hehe.
    And you can find those guitar picks on Ebay pretty cheap. I just got 20 for $15. The packs had 2 inside and were $2, but are randomly packed.

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Sorry I missed the meet. [face_blush] To be honest with you, I totally forgot about it 8-}

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    For shame, Roy! You missed a great time! Although I'm not sure you should be sad about missing lunch. We experienced some...problems...with the service at Bennigan's. Thankfully we were compensated for our displeasure though. :)

15. CommonGrounds1

CommonGrounds1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2004
    Hiya, folks! I hope you don't mind my posting here, as I'm a Hoosier by birth and circumstance, but I just wanted to say I had an absolutely wonderful time at the convention. The people were incredibly friendly, and the city was just fantastic. I hope I can make the trip again sometime (con promoters willing). Thanks much for your hospitality. Seeya!

Troy Hickman
    Creator/Writer - Common Grounds

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hi Troy. I'm a big fan of Common Grounds. I hope you can make more shows in the Boston area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.