main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA February Meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Jan 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    As we've discussed in other threads, it's time for a proper Outer Rim meet. For the newer folks who aren't sure what Outer Rim is, it is (or will be) the WA starwars fanclub.
    Here's some details. They can be changed if anyone has a good reason to change them, otherwise, here it is.

Date: 17th Feb 2001
    Location: Our new place once we've moved. Crawford St Dianella. Not sure what number yet.
    Time: Probably around dinner time. I'd thought we could have a big taco dinner for a change. Susie makes some pretty mean tacos. That's my suggestion for food anyway. If anyone wants to arrive earlier we could maybe get a network PC game session going in the afternoon.

After eating we'll get down to business. Anyone who wants a say in where the club is going should be there. You all have plenty of notice and it's not too late to change the time if a lot of people can't make it. Don't wait until the night before to tell us all you've got something else on.

I think the main thing to discuss is actually getting the club official. Princess Lego has found out a lot of the details about getting the club incorporated and she's explained it to a lot of you. I think we should get it underway that night so the registration can take place.

Several people have ideas for a club logo so that would be a good time to put them forward. Website ideas can be discussed as well but a logo to include in the design would be a good first step. For those who don't know, Princess Lego has put up the beginnings of a website at http://www.oneil.com.au/outer-rim/
    So far, only the pictures section has anything in it but take a look if you haven't.

Several other good club related ideas have also popped up in these forums so we can discuss them too.

Comments?

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah over here, I got a question! Does it have to be evening to night time? I don't know about anyone else, but I usually start work about 5 onwards! So a lunch time job would be alot better for me. I really wound like to attend this would if we will be talking club stuff!

Questions and/or Comments?

3. Pinback

Pinback Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Mmmmmmmmm, tacos.... *drool*

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    During the day on that date would be out for me, SK, are friday nights ok by you?

5. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Unfortunately not SM! I've got abit of notice start begging so I guess I'll see how I go!

What about late afternoon about 4ish?

6. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    when's the move taking place?.... will shift furniture for food.....

7. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    sorry , but the 17th of Feb is out for me , i have a graduation party for the end of my travel course that night , but friday would be better for me , at night , i don't finish untill the afternoon .

But any date before that is ok.

I would cancel if i could but i'm on the graduation commitee so it would look nice that i helped plan the graduation and didn't turn up :D

But yeh ,any other day is fine by me !!!!

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Would the 24th be better for everyone? We could start early for SK and any others who can't make nights and have the main meeting later. Everyone there at different times is better than only some there at one time.

9. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Sounds fine to me, see ya there!

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Uh, 24th is out. Thats our wedding anniversary.

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I suspect that any date we pick will be out for at least someone. Let's vote on this.

Who prefers the 17th and who prefers the 24th. I'll leave a couple of days for a vote and we'll go for whichever one more people can attend. Both are fine with me.

12. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    the 24th

13. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
  14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    10th is good, anyone?

15. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    10th,17th,24th... i'm flex.

16. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    the 10th or 24th is fine by me

17. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I'm available in Feb - all except the 25th cause if the Warriors make the MMC finals (which they will), then the final will be held at the WACA. Sorry, but I love my cricket.

BTW Grizzly, the footy season starts soon, so when I does, get ready for me to start talking about Footy!!!!!!

18. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    grooooooooaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn............................

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm only available at night on the 10th but that might do. I have a first aid course all day that Saturday/Sunday. Might have to skip the tacos and do that another time unless anyone feels like arriving early to help Susie get ready.
    Sounds like the best date for everyone so shall we go for that? At least it gives us a week to settle in our new place before the meeting.

20. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    yeh i go no probs with the 10th count me in!!!

i can only give u a small anount for the membership( struggling student and mobile make a deadly combination, trust me i know) :)

21. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    The 10th it is then, Yeah!!

22. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Ooooooookaaaaaay!

Are we all decided then? *l*

23. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't you all forget to vote b4 you come to the meet OK!!!

AND DON'T FORGET TO EMAIL/ICQ ME TO REMIND ME!!!

24. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    so it's the 10th is it yeh?

25. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Yep, the 10th it is!

We could even have a cake or something to celebrate the completion of your course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.