main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, thought I'd put this in here, since it has been discussed in the main regional forum.

For the February meet, it was thought that people might like to come to mine for a Kevin Smith film marathon :D

Current possible dates are 18/19 February and 25/26 February.

Anyone got any preference for date and who is interested in coming? Films on show will be:

Clerks
    Mallrats
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Once again, sleeping space is available, two sofas, and room for blow up beds if people have them.

2. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Wow this sounds awesome mate! And plus we could do the re enactments of scenes like with the South Park moment!

I will say closer to the date whether you can definatly count me in but for now I'm gona say yes!:D

3. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Just a thought, I might add An Evening With Kevin Smith to that list, it's an awesome show where he stands and talks about his films, but it's really, really funny stuff.

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    all sounds hunky gory to me

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i will tentatively say yes, and i will confirm closer to the date. (either date is cool ATM*)

* subject to sudden employment.

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Ooooh! Are costumes optional? :p

(Though, saying that, I don't think I can handle wearing that beard all day again!) :D

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    neva seen any of those movies

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    You've never seen those flicks? Shame on you...then again, if your folks caught you watching them, they'd have a conniption fit! :D

I'm also cool for either of those tentative dates.

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
  10. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, movies are off for the foreseeable future. We have other things to discuss that are more important at the moment, and the DVDs will always be around :D

11. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    cud somebody post a final agenda on here plz

12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    Agenda

meet at star city (where we had the lightsaber "battle" at our very first meet, i.e. out the front) saturday 25th february, 3pm.
    go and eat all we can for £3.99 (probably)
    discuss things (what ever needs discussing, see serious discussion thread on private boards ;) ).

Attending

anybody and everybody who can make it.

13. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    sounds good. and i think i have pursuaded our new member - Beks - to join us

14. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    excellent. the more the merrier. promotion of our chapter and retention of new members is something that i would like to discuss at the meet.

15. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    First of all I'd like to thank all those who attended, we got through a huge amount in that time and sorted all of the issues that needed putting to bed.

I'd like to thank JonJedi for making his first meet, it was great to meet you and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Once again a pleasure to spend time in your company.

16. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yeah welcome into the fold jon. and i think its the most productive meet we have had since the beginning - at least that i have attended.

here is to the future *raises glass*

(i wish for no jokes about me breaking the glass over anybody's head etc. thank you)

17. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Cheers for the welcome guys. :D It was good to finally meeting some of you, I was a bit nervous but you all made me welcome. I look forward to making meets with you guys a regular thing. :)

And cheers for the lift home, Tom. Appreciated it big time. Btw, nice set of wheels. ;)

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    yeah, good to meet you jon. todays meet was quite a serious one, and it was honestly totally different to any that have gone before. the next meet won't be anything like today's ;)

we got an absolute load of stuff sorted that needed to be sorted and the only way is up. thanks to everyone.

19. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    guys thanks for today, i feel more welcomne as a member than ever. OK i might be a bit drunk from my mates engagement party but still today was awesome. If i'm goa be honest i was thinking of quittting for ever but thanks alot especially a few members (you know who you are guys and gals that were there lol) I felt a bit alienated these past few months cuz i cnt post as often as usual but you guys are the best and I love spending time with you all.....
    I publicly apologise to Dave and anyone else I may have offended and I hop to start a fresh wuith you all

Jon it was a pleasure btw and like I said you are welcome anytime....

Thanks guys....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.