main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meeting - 2/20/16 Location TBD and Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by AuttyBot, Feb 1, 2016.

1. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Good Afternoon,

I would like to open discussion about our next upcoming meeting. There was significant interest in viewing the Star Wars exhibit at the Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys either before we meet or following a meal. Due to the minimal hours that this Museum is open, it was determined to meet there first and then eat afterwards. I will also be checking to see if they might have meeting space as a possibility; however I do not know that they offer this. I have made a couple phone calls to the museum, but with no calls back. I am waiting for the next day they are open to contact them again. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Feel free to discuss and I will pull it together. Thank you!

DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I think thebreadknappa has been contacting them as well. Sounds like they want as much for a room as admission will be, so I think he's going to see if we just pay for like 15 admissions ahead of time, will they throw in the room for free.

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Let's use the RMFF funds for admissions!

[Runs away from the mob with pitchforks]

catz44 and AuttyBot like this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    he-guy and thebreadnappa, should I go ahead and set up a Facebook event and ask people to save the date since the details aren't finalized yet?

5. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Update, the museum does have meeting space however they already have the space allocated to their workshops on the 20th. I am waiting for a call back to verify, I can check on availability for the 21st, however they are only open 1-4. OR we can plan to attend and then meet somewhere nearby before/after.

6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yes, the details can always adjusted, but the FB invite can serve as more of a "save the date"

7. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    AuttyBot likes this.
  8. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I was contacted by the museum again today. They gave me the incorrect information and they are wide open for the 20th. Renting a room is $50 and as a group we get $1.00 off admission. So the question is, is this reasonable? Does this help save on commuting to multiple locations?

he-guy likes this.
  9. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007

Meeting at a nearby restaurant or coffee shop is risky because those places can be too loud, seating spread out, and give us the stink eye. I love the idea of having a room to discuss matters all serious-like ;-). Maybe treasury money for the $50 and chip in for pizza or chinese food delivery. If we're paying for the room, I want to get as much value from it as possible.

10. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I would vote for treasury funds so there is less commuting and more focused meeting/museum time. It appears there are a few that like the idea. I am happy to book it. 1-4 pm?

11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    This will be great, I think we'll move the meeting along faster knowing the rest of the time can be spent at the exhibits

AuttyBot likes this.
  12. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Okay, so I am waiting to hear back from Wendy. I guess she is the one that needs to book it. She was required to take today off as not to go over hours, so now I wait. The lady I did speak with did feel that bringing food was okay as they often hold tea parties at the museum. She wanted to confirm this with Wendy when she gets back in. I will get it handled as asap! Thank you all for your patience! :)

13. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    This sounds like a great plan for those not attending Galaxyfest the same weekend. Alas, I will not be able to join you this month.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  15. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    The museum classroom has been reserved for us. Based on the above conversation I reserved it for 1 p.m. on the 20th of February. Please discuss if any change needs to be made. They do allow us a little extra for set up/tear down if it is needed. Finger foods are fine to bring.

DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Nice work Auttybot!

17. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    Will we need to supply anything, like tables, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't think so, just bring a snack to share. I will call and find out to be sure. :)

he-guy likes this.
  19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow, suddenly I have two events to attend on Saturday morning. I may not end up getting there until 2pm or later, depending on when things end. Feel free to start without me. ;)

20. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Today's the day! Food is potluck style.

Meeting starts at 1 PM sharp!

We have the room for 1 hour, so the meeting will be brief.

22. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Just a suggestion. I forgot her name already, but the gal at the museum was so kind! We should definitely go give them some love on yelp or anywhere where a positive review would support what they do.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Rocky Mountain Fan Force

Meeting Notes

February 20, 2016

What was your favorite or most memorable toy from your childhood?

Old Business:

Did you know we had a meeting in January? It was neat, like Kylo Ren’s light sabre.

New Business:

St. Patrick’s Day Parade:

• We will be earlier in the parade this year! This may allow for plenty to attend both the parade and Starfest. This is great news because it is now less likely to be death via heat stroke for Vader, phew! We will be looking to contribute to the parade fund.

Float Build & Patch:

• The goal of the patch sales will be applied to both funding the parade and the float build. Patches are still a go. Reimbursement may be done at a later time.
    • It is crunch time! Please be on the lookout for additional dates and times to come help with the build. We can use as much help as possible! Also, we need brown paint. (Sand crawler brown)

May the 4th:

• No new news. All information from January meeting still applies.

DCC:

• Consider moving forward as crunch time for DCC as well. Our set up location at the convention center is to be determined. Commitments for badges will be two two-hour shifts.
    • Geoffrey will be point of contact this year for DCC.
    • Rocky Mountain Fan Force, represent your best self. No skipping your shifts or passing your badge along to another who has not contributed. Swapping a shift with others who have signed up is okay.
    • The RMFF trivia panel has been submitted. Keep a look out for items for the prize wheel. Autumn is going to start shopping now.
    • Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher will be there! Reach out to all of those you know so we can raise more for Make-A-Wish this year!

Star Wars News & Pop Culture:

24. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I was sorry to miss this month's meeting to say my goodbyes (for real this time). I've had a blast with the RMFF, and I'm sure you haven't heard the last of me!
    MTFBWY,
    Jackie

25. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    It was great getting to know you and your honey! Jackie, I wish you guys nothing but the best!!!! I regret I had a conflict in coming to your goodbye get together.

thejackal327 likes this.