main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY February Meeting 2/29/04

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    The meeting is on 2/29/04 In Hicksville at the Broadway mall food court at 11 AM.
    Other than plans and ideas for the upcoming convention season, does anyone have any suggestions for the meeting.
    Didnt someone say they wanted to open up a group discussion on a movie related topic? --Billy

2. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    just wanted to know if anyone would mind me possibly stopping by your meeting I've got a few more things of SW to give away.Seeing how I gave the bulk of my collection to SWNYC,I thought I'd give what I have left to you guys,that is if you all don't mind.

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Of course Orin you're always welcome. See ya then. --Billy

4. Cailinn-Sarr

Jul 23, 2001
    will be there then

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Does anyone have any suggestions for stuff at the meeting - anything different other than regular club buisness?
    Bring all your Icon ideas because this may be the last meeting before Icon, unless we squeeze one in in March. --Billy

6. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Hey folks,
    I think we should definitely squeeze in another meeting prior to I-Con so we can hammer out all the final details in person and to make sure everyone is on the same page with responsibilities,who's bringing what,the cabaret,rides,etc.How does everyone else feel?
    -Chris

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah Chris definitly, In fact we can go over alot of this stuff at rehearsals for the cabaret act.
    Also we can schedule a meeting maybe on a week day just for the people who have specific tasks to discuss or things to hand in. Last year we added a meeting to have everybody hand in their Icon contributions (tabel cloth, tabel displays, what ever else we figure on) that they picked up.
    Because I'll be driving all the stuff to Icon to set up the first day.
    So lets carefully go over all this stuff at the next meeting. Remember we have to schedule the video audtion of the dress rehearsal too.
    Lets discuss some of this at the Holiday Special Part 2 party as well.
    I have the Cabaret music all done and ready to let you guys hear it. --Billy

8. Cailinn-Sarr

Jul 23, 2001
    will try to be there this weekend(have a bunch of SW stuff to get rid of)what train would i take & where do i get off at & how far from train station remember i'll have a bunch of stuff so i'm hoping it's not a long walk from train.If anything changes i'll post it here.

9. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    You'll need to take the LIRR to Hicksville. Here is the information on the train you would like to take. A map of the area can be found at the following link (the address is too large to make it a link, to view map please copy and paste the following address into your address bar):
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?location=ueuhyLOwJPUz%2bKWijIQMmP8gCRXVuB%2bFXM18XsDwr%2bTC%2bD9bh7EZRTbpew74Ks59JWaYCTPQLPSdpw2OunmA4vYMRxw%2bKMeXDRo%2fbWA2kZlZMM1nYG7a5w%3d%3d&address=Newbridge+Rd+and+W+Barclay+St&city=Hicksville&state=NY

If that is too far of a walk information on Long Island buses can be found here.

According to Mapquest it is a one minute walk from the train station to the mall. I've never walked it so I wouldn't know if their information is accurate. I don't know the bus scheduale either since I have a car. I do know that there is service to Broadway Mall. The link I provided should help you figure it out.

10. Cailinn-Sarr

Jul 23, 2001
    thank you

11. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    If you're coming from Forest Hills, you should be able to transfer at Jamaica to get to Hicksville. Dana's link has all the info, but make sure you click on the weekend link to get the right timings. According to the Broadway Mall's automated phone service (516-822-6336), the Mall is 1/4 mile from the train station. I'll give you a call later in the week to discuss this stuff, anyhow. See you this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.