main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA February Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    FEBRUARY MEETING

Saturday February 25th, 2006
    Jahine's Comic Shop
    430 Lebanon Road
    West Mifflin, PA 15122

1pm

Pittsburgh Comicon and North East Fan Force Awards Banquet

Future SWAP MEETINGS and EVENTS PLANNING
    • March meeting place and date?

• April: Pittsburgh Comicon and Fan Force Banquet

• May: Possible SWAP Pirate game outing (tix start at $9.)

• June: SWAP Day at Kennywood (minimum 20 people for discount)

• August: Annual SWAP Picnic

Interclubbal Epic Duels Tournament ? entry fee will be $5

• The first ever two-time? two-time? champion Fluke Groundrunner defends his trophy by vanquishing all foes.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Are there any other agends items that should be discussed.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Are we having a raffle this month and if so, who is bringing the item? I know its hard on some folks to put out $$ for the interclubbal and again for a raffle, but I think it would be a good idea to get our funds up before the Comicon.

Also, please everyone try and find an item or two to donate to the Comicon charity raffle basket. Its a fundraiser for the families of the WV miners that were killed a little while ago.

Your overconfidence will be your undoing. Along with the opposition crushing skill I bring to the gaming table. Victory will be mine.

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Just wanted to pass along that I dropped off the Master/Padawan trophy to Josh at his work tonight at 6:45pm. It's safe in his hands, though it may need a little dusting. Have a good meeting folks.

5. Darth_Iratus

Darth_Iratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    I will be out of town that day.
    How odd it seems that I am absent every time the meeting is held at jahinie's(sp?).

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Bump, meeting is tomorrow.

7. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I will be unable to attend, it's my cousins birthday

8. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I'll be there but won't be able to stay for the tournament.

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'll just say this real quick...

Three Time
    Three Time
    Three Time

10. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Just two more and everyone will have to endure this:

[image=http://www.comicimages.com/rawdeal/images/superstars/ss2booker.jpg]

[face_laugh]

12. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

How many people played in the tourney, and who got the illustrious Third Place Trophy?

Just curious,
    Yours Truly

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
  14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    There were only 5 players overall, actuall. ;)

Anyway, the Panera on McKnight Road has the VIP Room reserved for the 25th (date of the next meeting.) I can check around at some other Panera Breads which have private rooms (Cranberry, Oakand, Monroeville, etc) or we can try Borders but risk not having an area to sit and concentrate privately on the Comicon stuff.

I can also look into reserving a room at the Squirrel Hill library (or another library location), where I was told that rooms are free for not for profit community groups (of which we should be able to qualify but I'd have to check to make sure.)

Any preferences? Personally, if we can get one of the rooms in the library I think that would be great.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Wherever you try make sure that there is free parking available. The library sounds like a good idea though we might have to keep the noise level down? I think before you go and look at other options everyone should try and chime in real quick.

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    In Sqirrel Hizzles case, free parking is always available in the area and there is metered parking and a paid parking garage under the library. Generally, if you drive around the area for a minute or two you'll find a free space.

I'll contact them, as well as the Oakmont, Monroeville, Northland (North Hills) librarys to find out of there is meeting space. If someone wants to recommend another library or other location, please do so by replying below.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Squirrel Hill returned my call and they have an open room that day. The noise level wouldn't be a problem because we would be inside of a closed room. I can't imagine our group being so loud and unruley that others would hear us outside of an enclosed room. If we want the room in SH it's ours.

I also left a message with the library in the north hills, so I'll update everyone on that possibility. It's on Routh 19 near CCAC North and that library has a parking lot.

Monroeville library has a recording that transfers you to another recording. Quite amusing, but that should eliminate them, I think.

Mt Lebanon has a nice library, but kind of close to Jahines so that wouldn't spread things out.

Oakmont has several meeting rooms, the smallest being for 35 people, which might be a bit large for our gathering.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Anyone talked to Chris lately? I called her to try and get the minutes posted but she didn't answer.

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    No. I sent her a PM about the banquet a couple of days ago and it has not yet been read. I hope things are ok.

20. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    She was out of town this weekend.

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The Northland library's rooms are already booked for the 25th. I think that we should try that location on a later date, and go with the Squirrel Hill library for the March meeting. This would be a good option this month because we will probably be finalizing details for the Comicon and it will be nice to have our own room for that discussion. If the meeting would have to carry over past 5pm, then we could transfer to one of a number of places in the area.

Plus, I could ask them to put the meeting on their events listing, which may bring some new people interested in the group.

Thoughts?

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm fine with that as long as there is parking available, getting on the events listing would be cool. I would hate to have to run out every 20 minutes to put quarters in a meter.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'll check to see how long the meters last. I think they go up to 2 hours. Also, if you park a few blocks away on a side street it will be free. I'll give some parking tips when the March meeting thread goes up.

24. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As Fluke noted, as long as you park a little down the street, in the residential sections, you don't have to pay for parking. It's free to park along the roads in the neighborhood parts.

Dislikes paying to park,
    Yours Truly

25. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Ok, so I'm not gonna make it to the March meeting either, I already know that that day is completly filled, I am actually having a drama preformance that night,and that thursday and friday before as well, so if anyone is intrested in coming its at Open Stage Theater in the strip, on the 23, 24, and 25 of March starting at 7:00 PM each night and costs $8, It's a series of One-act plays, four of them, and its...cool...Also we need lots of people to go because I have not been doing a very good job at raising money, which was my job and my graduation project....so..yeah,it sucks, but i've been calling businesses asking them to by program ads, ect. *blah*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.