main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meeting - general discussion/planning

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    After confering with my fellow "council" members, it's time to announce plans for our next meeting. Over the last couple months, we've been gathering in more social setting (Cindy's party, Akron Civic Theater.) In the interest of allowing some of the new people on the boards to meet us in a more "neutral" setting, we've decided to hold this meeting at our traditional place...Southpark Mall in Strongsville.

Everybody mark your calanders... Sunday, February 9th TIME: TBA (probably early afternoon) in the 2nd floor foodcourt (under the "Bespin looking" or "Death Star looking" window...our traditional spot.

Part of the reason for the early notice is because we'd like to try and have as many people as possible attend this meeting (if you're unable to make it...we understand). And especially to some of our more recent additions, this is a great way to get to know your fellow Cleveland/Akron Jedi!

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Sounds good to me.

I'll be there, my mom is iffy, depending on if something comes up or if my dad has off. (Which might not be the case.)

Most likely we'll both be there. ;)

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Good call my young Padawan! err... City Rep...

Nice idea to get the word out early. I'd like to see more of our newer members be able to come to this meeting too. Plus it gives busy people (which I'm pretty sure constitutes all of us) time to plan in advance and develop our schedules accordingly. But I have my brother's basketball schedule here and he seems to have a game on that very day at 3:00 PM, so he probably won't make it once again! However, I think I ought to be able to make it.

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We always TRY to get the meetings set well in advance...but there always seems to be something that delays setting a day/time. This is how I've wanted things to work!

MEETING AGENDA:
    Finalize JKOC T-shirt project (and placing orders)
    Sympathy Card signing and X-Mas charity money sending for "Plain Dealer kid" donation.

5. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    We talked about this at the last meeting at Cindy's house Geoff, but you weren't there, so I'll bring it up for you and everyone else again.

We are approaching a one-year anniversary of our first meeting in March. Some of us kicked around the idea of planning a "JKOC Birthday Party" of sorts, so you may want to add that to the agenda. That way we can have a month or so to plan it and whatnot should we choose to pursue this idea. Just a suggestion.

6. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Good idea Eric, we should talk about that.

Sorry to hear that your bro can't come, maybe next time.

I'll talk to DarthJackie, see if she can come.

7. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Sounds good to me so far....as long as it is not very long with stuff. :D :D

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's a great idea, the question is...do we celebrate our 1st meeting...or when we became an official Fanforce? (Celebration II) Personally, I think both!

MEETING AGENDA:
    1) Finalize JKOC T-shirt project (and placing orders)
    2) Sympathy Card signing and X-Mas charity money sending for "Plain Dealer kid" donation.
    3) Discussion of JKOC one year anniversary celebration(s)

EDIT: BTW, our 1st meeting was held March 16th...which happens to be a Sunday this year :eek:

9. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    February 9th sounds good to me.

10. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    :0

The Jedi Mother has returned!!!!!!!!

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    She returned in the lost twenty thread.... I don't know how long she is back, she was looking up something for an argument between my sister, me and her (my sister and I were on the same side), and I told her to come here when she was done.

12. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Barring any unforseen plans, I should be able to make it.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    We should also discuss when we're going to The Art of the Starfighter with Pittsburgh.

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Good call Don. Before that I think it would be a good idea for us to discuss some tentative dates both within the JKOC and the Pittsburgh group. We don't want to all agree on a date together, then get ahold of Pittsburgh and have them say they can't make it because they're all busy that day. So it might be a good idea to start communicating with them about possible dates.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm currently communicating with Pittsburgh about that, and will try to have some possible dates at the meeting...no worries!

MEETING AGENDA:
    1) Finalize JKOC T-shirt project (and placing orders)
    2) Sympathy Card signing and X-Mas charity money sending for "Plain Dealer kid" donation.
    3) Discussion of JKOC one year anniversary celebration(s)
    4) Early planning regarding the Art of the Starfighter exhibit

Meeting RSVP - "I'll be there"
    Krash
    Padawan92
    ?
    ?

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Do we really have to have a celebration for the one year anniversery for us?

17. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Bah! Can't make it again...checked at work today and they won't let me have the day off, the schedule has already been made. I need at least a month's notice, not two weeks notice!

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Random

19. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Random
    JJJ
    PadawanPadme

20. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Random
    JJJ
    PadawanPadme
    JediCandii

21. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Unless someone feels like flying me back to Ohio that weekend, I can't come. I'm back in Boston until spring break in March. I'm glad I got a chance to meet at least some of you at the holiday party. Whenever I'm back in Ohio, I'll try my best to make any future meetings. :)

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Did we ever figure out a time to meet?

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We haven't really gotten to that yet...now's a good a time as any:

How about 3PM? (gives time for people to go to church...and not too late for the "younglings" on a school night)

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Fine by me.

We just can't forget what time the mall closes. :p

25. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Really not good. I have freshman retreat team meetings every Sunday, which I completely forgot about until this weekend. They're from 3-5, so if that's the time you decide, then I can't go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.