main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meeting or Prop/Costume Session Sun Feb 24 2-5 @ Darth Hair's

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We should try to set up meeting time for February. It sounds like Saturdays are bad for a couple of us. Do we have any volunteers for a Sunday afternoon? Or after this week (8th) I'm free for Friday Evenings as well.

I've made some nice progress on my blaster grip, and have just found a pattern for the Depa Bilaba Robe (still working on how I'm going to manage the hair, though). So, another Prop/Costume Session might not be a bad idea for our February meeting.

I also found a little nuggets on the VCD's I bought recently, so if we had access to a computer I could show you the "Australian Actors Interviews" (the VCD's were released from Malaysia for AU). And there is always the Star Wars Holiday Special VHS, and it has the only known offical Boba Fett cartoon on it (for you imps).

Just some ideas to put on the table,

-Jennifer

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Sunday afternoons are great for me! We gonna do it at your place, OW....boss, leader, SW coordinator, Hhmm, privvy, hhmmm....?

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    How about on Sunday, Feb 17 or 24? We can do it in the afternoon, say about 2-5.

Darth Hair said we could use his place, and he's got the drill press, and other tools. :D

I'm game, even for other times.

One other thing we could do is chip in and pool the $$$, then have someone run off and buy the primer, paint and wiper blades. While that team runs off to get the stuff, then others can be drilling hooles and cutting and shaping blaster handles.

Unfortunately, I have no nothin moolah, since republic credits are no good, and there aren't too many jobs here in Mos Espa. So until I get a job, I'm out of the $$$ business for a while. :(

But I'm all for getting together and working on the stuff.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm game for either day. Just let me know what to bring, other than the tools which are still clunking around in my car since the last session (no sense taking them out now).

-Jennifer

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    we can do it at my place . i need a reason to clean the garage any way . both days are good for me . i have a couple of drills , the press ,a couple of jig saws , a couple of circular saws ,palm sanders compound mighter saw and much much more !!!!!

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks Darth Hair! So what day, the 17th or the 24th???? I will bring many tools and actually arrive this time!

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    If I can find someone to ride with me to tell me where the hell I'm going (or come pick me up or meet me so I can follow), I'm game for the 24th...I work on the 17th though.

If I went, I wouldn't really be working on anything for myself, I just want to get a feel for what you guys do and get an idea of something for myself. But I would be an extra set of hands to help anyone with anything they needed.

My only problem is getting there. Like I told Tim, I'm from Kansas and I'm just now getting to where I can get around COSpgs, I don't think I want to tackle Denver just yet...I would definitely either need a ride, or someone to follow or carpool with.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    SD - If you can get to I-25 & Colorado, I can give you a lift over the DH's. My office is right behind the Best Buy just north of I-25 on Colorado. I could meet you there (since that's where I am most of the time). Or, for that matter, anybody on the South side of town. I can fit 3 extra people (other than myself) in my car, and still have room for tools/whatever.

-Jennifer

9. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    give me the street address for your office and I'll look it up on mapquest.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    1720 S Bellaire St
    Denver, CO 80222

11. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    have we decided on a definite time/place/date? i'll update the webpage with the info....

12. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    Okay, cool, I think I can find that. How far away from that is the meeting/propsession place?

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Let's make it official: Sun the 24th from 2-5 at Darth Hair's.

If you have any, or could get any PVC pipe (multiple dimensions), primer and black Krylon spray paint, that would be great. (If you wouldn't mind sharing). Hot glue guns and power tools, especially palm sanders, would also be great.

It's a lot of fun! I'll post a pic of the blaster in a few minutes...

14. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    The only power tools I got are my hands :)

15. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    SOUNDS GOOD TO ME . ILL INPUT THE COORDINATS INTO THE NAV COMPUTER . I MEAN PM ME WHEN YOU WANT DIRECTIONS .

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Here is the blaster that we made on the first day.

[image=http://www.thegeekhost.com/obeywann/SW/blaster%20PVC%20construction.jpg]

With a little bit of paint, and the arm and magazine assemblies, it'll look like a real blaster. :D

17. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!! I TRIED TO FIND OUT ABUOT " SUPER SCULPTY " I THINK ITS CALLED . THE PERSON AT HOBBY LOBBY WAS CLUELESS . I WANT TO MOLD SOME OF THE PARTS .

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Try Michaels, or that hobby place on Wadsworth and Colfax.....dang, can't remember the name....but they gots oodles of good stuff!

19. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    hobby lobby is good too. unfortunately, i won't be able to make it as i'll be in new york, but i'll definitely post it on the web page!

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Caboose Hobbies might be the best bet. They are set up for creating all kinds of things from scratch, including RC Planes and other vehicles. I'll try to give them a shot this weekend. Could you give me an idea of just what this stuff is exactly?

-Jennifer

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think I may have found something better. It's called Magic Sculp, I saw a lot of people complaining about Super Sculpty. It's a figure modeler material, but I think it should cover what I think you guys are wanting it for. Let me know.

-Jennifer

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, let's try this website for some tech info on blaster's.

http://www.collectorsempire.com/parts/Main.htm

-Jennifer

23. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    So is it officially on the 24th then?

24. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i hope so....that's what i put on the webpage :)

25. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Cool, Are we going to talk about events and stuff? Because If I go, it'll be weird standing around doing nada. I'll definitely come if so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.