main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meeting or Prop/Costume Session Sun Feb 24 2-5 @ Darth Hair's

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, you'll have your chance someday! And keep searching that school of yours! I've found a ton of people at mine (including one that I will be bringing with me to the premiere) and my school has less than 300 poor souls attending it :D

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You are lucky. At my school, students laugh at me when I talk about Star Wars.

3. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    hey, I'm no costume creator either, at least not yet...I'm a costume purchaser right now :).

Don't worry man, you'll be old enough to go play on your own soon enough, then you can join us.

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ive got a compressor . and an air brush (P.O.S.) and some paint . its probably no good . dremels are nice.

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    FYI, we will also be voting on the new CR for Denver. So if you can make it, come, even if you're not working on props.

And if you could bring some primer and or flat black spray paint, that'd be useful, too. ;)

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    All:

Here is some fantastic info on costuming:

here

It was put together in the Phoenix FF, but it applies well to all of us. Enjoy!

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It doesn't look good for me to be able to show up Sunday. I'm going to see what happens, but I may still be moving on Sunday. I just got the word today that the new place was ready.

JGOC - If you can get a ride, see if you can also get SD. I was going to get him to DH's house, but I want to make sure he has a back up.

I'll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

-Jennifer

8. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    lol...I was going to be her ride...

9. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I can probably pick you guys up. I'm going on sunday and I'll have some room in my car.

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Bravo, I post here, and if you live anywhere near Belleview/Broadway, then I live close to you as well.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll check with my dad where I live from there. I can tell you that I live by Euclid Middle School, East Elemerty (sp?), and Littleton High School.

12. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    JO: you mean pick us up at the place we were supposed to meet Jennifer, or what? Because we were going to drive up from COSpgs and she was going to drive the rest of the way.

I'm sure if I had dh's street address I could find it without getting too lost...but if you want to give us a ride, that's cool...there would be 3 of us from what I understand (so long as Sarah is still planning on going).

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, we can relax. I will be there Sunday. I'm doing the bulk of my moving the following weekend, so I will still meet you at my office @ 1:15PM on Sun. This was a very difficult dilema for me, moving away from the circus or having a bunch of SW fun & games. But, I couldn't get much help this weekend, so SW won out.

See you all there,

-Jennifer

14. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    bah, if you need help moving i'm sure a lot of us would help.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm still going! My mom wants me to meet SD first, but that's easily solved.

And I've moved so much I could probably do it in my sleep! Hehe, so if you have anything that you want me to pack, I'm game!

16. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    SWEET! Sounds like a plan.

17. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    ok . i have 2 1/2 cans of black paint , 1 can of silver , and a few other colers. lots of partical wood , and some 2by 4's. about 5 feet of 1 1/2" pvc , 6 feet of 1/2 " of pvc and plenty of wood screws . what else do we need ? what do we need more of? i dont have any primer . if every one posts what you have or what you are bringing i can make a small shopping list and go on sat. how about munchies , or drinks ?

18. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    who else needs directions?

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have a can of Flat Black and a blaster grip. I am picking up some sculpting stuff on Sat., so I can get some primer while I'm at it. And, I've got the carrots and dip for munchies.

BTW - What did you want the super sculpty for? You do know it has to be oven fired to become permanent? How does PVC do with heat?

-Jennifer

20. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    ive heard of people using it for action figures . i thought it might work well for the blasters . im not sure it will . pvc does well with heat if its not fire. im looking into a heat gun for kims candles . $14 at harbor fraight . i dont think i can pass that up .

21. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I need directions still

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    The instructions I've seen say you can fire it in a regular oven in a few minutes.

-Jennifer

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i just sent it , check your PM

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    is it like plastic or clay?

25. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Clay....not very impact-resistant, but doable....personally, I'd make a master from balsa wood, slick it up with mold-release, make a master mold from the clay, glaze the clay real good, and cast many of them in casting acrylic. Last forever, take a good drop, and could even be covered with fiberglass to make it that much stronger! If I was going to make only one with a lot of detail, I'd carve it from balsa, and apply many layers of epoxy resin and finish it off with latex paint (airbrushed)to make it very strong, light and most special!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.