main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA February Meeting--Throwing Out Ideas

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    On February 2nd (saturday) there is a sci-fi short film festival at the Cinerama.
    More info from the cite:
    Science Fiction Short Film Festival
    February 2, 2008

EMP|SFM in partnership with the Seattle International Film Festival Group (SIFF) will present the third annual Science Fiction Short Film Festival Saturday, February 2, 2008 at the Seattle Cinerama Theatre.

The Science Fiction Short Film Festival (SFSFF) brings together industry professionals in both filmmaking and the genre of science fiction to encourage and support new, creative additions to science fiction cinema arts.

TICKETS: Advance tickets are on sale through the SIFF website www.seattlefilm.org. Tickets are $9 for a single session, $15 for both sessions. For more information, please call 206-464-5830.

Visit http://www.empsfm.org/programs/index.asp?articleID=1020 for a list of the films scheduled.

I know this is kind of short notice but I thought it would be fun. :)
    If that isn't possible, how about catching a film the following Saturday (the 9th) at Pacific Place then grabbing something to eat there too?

Ideas? :)

2. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Upping this. The festival passed. Any other ideas for this month? :)

3. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I think our biggest issues are when and where. We need to figure out what we're all WILLING to do. Should be take a survey? My idea was get from everyone (and Since I know some of us have weird days off (shake my fist at you, retail!)):

1) Usual days off
    2) Ease of getting other days off
    3) Prefered days (Week? Weekend? Fridays? etc.)
    4) When? (mornings, afternoon? etc.)
    5) Where are you willing to go?
    6) How far are you willing to go? (especally important for those who drive)

I think once we figure out what we all want, we can get a more clear picture. Here are my answers:

1) Random
    2) I need about 2 weeks notice of meeting to get the day off
    3) I prefer Fri-Sun, because I would ask for the whole day off and not have to work one of those days [face_dancing]
    4) I prefer mornings or afternoons. I'm not into being out after it gets dark, especially if I take a bus home.
    5) I can get anywhere in the area. The buses can get me easily as far up as Greenwood and U Village, all the way to Bellevue Square, and as far down as Renton and Kent (though these buses suck and are very very limited in where they go).
    6) Don't care as long as the bus goes there.

I really really want us to get a regular meeting going again. If we get a day we like and stick to it, I think we can be an awesome group. [face_peace]

JF

4. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    So I'll just pick a day and plan something well in advance. If anyone wants to plan something do the same. :)

However, toss out ideas of what we want to do. This next coming meeting I'll just pick a Starbucks so we can chat ideas for our group. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.