main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL February Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Hmmm.. special Hobbit brownies??? I don't know if I can bring those to the library but maybe.... if you're good.. HA!

Melanie :)

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Is there a specific place in the library everyone is gathering in?

L8r

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Yes there is. We'll be on the 3rd floor of the main library. You can either walk on up there or ask the people at the information desk. We're the Orlando System, or often they just call us the Star Wars Fan Club. Parking is 50¢ an hour at the garage across the street.
    -Campbell

4. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    the Downtown Library??

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Yep the downtown library at 101 Central Ave!

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey everyone. Sorry I missed the last meeting, I'll try my hardest to make it to the next one. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I wrote a little about myself over in the thread to welcome RogueScribner.

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    this is a copy of my post on the presence ive not felt forum...

"Im definitely bringing in the sushi...how about everyone brings their favorite sushi :). if you dont like sushi just brign your favorite strange food....ill go post that on the forum... as for r2d2 i think i have a friend with the dvd and i have my new mac so that sounds like a plan"

ia

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    "I'm with you, too"
    I'm a friend who has a copy of Beneath The Dome, I'll plan to bring it. -Campbell

ps- Anybody got a good line on where Wasabi can be bought inexpensively? Seems it's pretty pricy in the Target and Wal-mart spice aisles.

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    go to one of those oriental food stores...they smell and there are rats but they are cheap

Ia

10. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Okay, I asked for the day off from work so hopefully I'll get it. If I do, I'll be there. If not, well, I'll send the ghost of Ben Kenobi. ;)

L8r

11. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Those rat bastards! Ya try little Vetnam area of Orlando for some fine finds. I think one store has a magical monkey paw in it.

12. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    if you bring hobbitt brownies make sure you bring the finest weed in the barley.

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    did we loose a post between my last two????

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    It sounds like everyone has seen Beneath the Dome (except me, until recently). So why not skip watching it?
    Just like in any classroom when we were kids, way back when, a long long time ago.. watching movies can put us to napland. Maybe 2 meetings back to back watching movies won't be as good as it sounds ;)
    Let's just talk & hang out. Is that sound cool? Do I have a second?

Melanie

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I second and give ya a amen! I prefer my group watching activities to a movie theater.

16. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok it is official...im bringing blue milk to the meeting :)

also I plan to download some fanfilms for the meeting. anyone have any requests??

Ia

17. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    BRANDON'S - Do I hear a second?

Melanie

18. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    No, no. The "fan films" that my friends and I have made (or, as some might say, thrown together), are not available for download anywhere. First, we had, still have, no clue how to go about putting them online (I'd *pay* if someone could copy them from tape to DVD), and after we finished our third one, our own version of Return of the Jedi, we decided that we would probably get death threats for some of the stuff we said and did in it.

Then, of course, we have our so-called "Lost Films." We began work on our version of The Phantom Menace, and it was simply never finished, and it never will be. Finally, we have our "Adventures of Ham Sandwich and Black Sweetness," which, of course, is Han and Lando, and *that* will probably never be shown to anyone but our close friends, again, for fear of bodily harm.

Thinking about this now, though, I really do need to get them all on DVD. I have no clue how much that would cost or what it would entail, but it has got to be done. They are getting somewhat old now, and it is time for "archival editions," so to speak.

So, not to sound rude, but I would be more than happy to show them in a private setting, but for those here that have seen them (two people, I think, maybe one), they can vouch for the fact that a few things in them would not go over well in a group setting.

Brandon

19. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I'd *pay* if someone could copy them from tape to DVD

There are places that will do that for you. It cost ya, though. Or you can find someone with one of those new nifty DVD/VCR combos. :) I assume that would work. It's not something I would ever buy myself.

That's cool that someone else has dabbled in movie making. I really wish I could afford to keep dabbling myself.

L8r

ETA: Has everyone seen all the Clone Wars cartoons? Maybe I could burn a disc and bring it. Is someone bringing a laptop?

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'll be at the meeting, but I'll be up to an hour late. I've got a meeting at the Enzian for FL Film Festival volunteers that gets out a little after noon. Ia, or someone with a library card, please sign us in at the library office on the 3rd floor. -Campbell

21. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I dont think those new DVD/VCR combos record to dvd, but you can record the other way around. I have two of them and they dont weork that way.

22. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    yes yes ..burn it i will bring my laptop

yay cloane wars!!!

also, should I invite my cousin...hes like 13

:)

Ia

23. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Wait, wait... are we really going to watch the Clone Wars cartoon? Maybe that should be "extra credit" for after the meeting. I think most of us have already watched the episodes that have aired, probably more than once. They're great, no doubt, but watching stuff that has already been seen is somewhat boring...

Brandon

24. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I agree with Brandon (who thought I'd ever say that ;)
    just kidding.
    As my previous message mentioned, it was nice to do movie reivew in 1 meeting but I don't think movie hour is what we want. I can always see movies or ask to borrow someone's copy of something.
    We need a forum to *talk* and just hang. I know it's nice to share the shorts or even R2 beneath the dome, etc but let's not ok? Everyone who wants to do this, can you go early or stay late or something for those of us who don't?

Oh, on a separate note, I've tivo'd Angel & Smallville, both good but Angel was better. You never know about Cordelia, Angel may need her again to get him back on track. Never give up hope.

Melanie

25. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Well she did hint to being there for him in the future. She did a Ben Kenobi for him- realizing she can't help him in a coma- so she had the powers to be do her in so she could save Angel- because she knew there was no other way to help him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.