main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL February Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey can we start a new post talking about these "new" subjects like Angel, Smallville, tv shows and then keep this post for mainly February Meeting posts & the January post as the "catch-all" post for random subjects?
    It's sort of getting too random and hard to follow the threads of what subject is going where. For example, my bad, I mentioned things on the Feb. post about the shows based on the January postings. It's all crossing over (not John Edwards!, ugh!).
    Melanie

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'll bring a disc with the marketing video and the clone wars in case anyone is interested. If no one watches it that's okay too. No hair off my back. :p

L8r

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Marketing video? What's that?
    And has anybody not see the Animated Clone Wars? Seriously asking here. I'm certain that the majority of us have, and I'm not planning on re-re-watching them till they come out on DVD. And speaking of CW, other than Dale and I, anybody buying the new Target figures? -c

4. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    The marketing video is that leaked footage from Episode 3 that surfaced a couple of weeks back. It's really cool, and it doesn't spoil anything for those that are wary of spoilers. It has a lot of nice glimpses of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan and the whole thing is set to AC-DC's "Back In Black". As for the Clone Wars, I taped them all when they aired and I've watched them dozens of times already. I haven't picked up the figures yet, but I plan to. They look pretty cool.

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    See you all tomorrow. Melanie

6. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Third floor downtown library 12 noon, right? I'll be there with bells on! *jingle* *jingle*

L8r

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Oh, THAT marketing video. Of course, I hadn't referred to it as that, so I didn't make the connection. IF anybody brings it AND a laptop I'm very interested in seeing it, but I can't think of anything else I really need/want to see.

Looking forward to seeing friends, and some new faces in a few hours. Hope most of you can make it. Again, I'll be a little late to this one, but will try to make it there as close to noon as I can- certainly not past 1pm. Ia, please sign us in with the library personnel. Thanks! -ce

8. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey sorry i was a few minutes late. It takes me forever to round things up and the sushi took longer than expected...hey by the way wasnt everyone going to bring sushi???

Ia

9. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    We forgive ya boss. Oh by the way I thought your hair looked way cute.

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    And I thought we were all bringing bumper stickers! What the heck's going ON here??

All kidding aside, I didn't realize we were all sushi-ing. Hmm. To think, if I'd followed instructions, the vegetarian would've gotten fed. But I don't want to bring too much food- to me the Globe after party is the place to be. The future Mrs. Campbell needs our tips.

Also, anybody else get into a fender bender after the meeting?

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    No, I'm a safe driver. :p

But on a serious note, what happened? You okay?

L8r

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I am okay. So is the other driver. My car's still whimpering after it's first brush with destiny, and I need to seriously look into getting an estimate on the damage. Anybody know a trustworthy bodyshop in the area?

13. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Yeah! The banners have changed! I have good & bad news. Good news (for me) I can attend our next meeting. Bad news, my visit to S. Fl has been canceled, my nephew broke both of his arms. OUCH!
    Melanie

14. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey by the way...i know someone selling a 98 saturn...shes moving to hawaii and has to sell it quick do you need a car melanie?

also i got a pm that said this:

"Last June, the Darth Vader World Tour was in Orlando, and Vader was in the possession of your former CR, JediDan, for quite some time. I was wondering if you know of any pictures that were taken during Vader's visit. Communication with him was very poor and I never could figure out if you guys got together to take pictures or not. If you do have pictures, please PM me links, or email them to me (rchickos@mit.edu)"

does anyone have anythign that would help this guy out

15. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I remember when it was first mentioned that Vader was coming to Orlando. That was the last, I fear, anyone heard. I had no clue Dan even got him. Dan might still have him for all I know. Also, no pictures that I can think of were taken. The group was not even really a group, maybe three people, and even then meetings were every four months or so. Vader should come back this way.

Also, Ia, are you going to post those breathtaking shots you took with your web-camera-thingie at the meeting?

Brandon

16. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah boss... I hope you digitally remove me so my image won't frighten younger viewers or induce vomiting in the weak stomached.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.