main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio February Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Seems to be a leaning towards Loma's. Shouldn't be too packed on a Tuesday as opposed to the weekends.

As long as there is no Dutch soccer team there that night.... :p
    (last time Kim and I were there this soccer team showed up and everybody wanted pictures and they were getting on the mic and so forth...fairly irritating actually, but Kim got a little tipsy after a couple of margaritas :D )

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    It sounds like it will be a good time, I can't wait. :)

3. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Hope I can make this one. It's been a while since I've seen everyone. I work late that day so I might no be able to get up there in time. Anyone come up with a time yet?

4. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I would think the usual 7-ish should work.

So, I guess it is Tuesday, 7PM at Loma Linda's on airport road.

5. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Yup! We'll save a seat for you Fitzhume.;)

6. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I would fly back to Toledo in order to go to Donny P's. lol We don't have Donny P's out here in MA. We did have a Chevy's but that closed. I love Donny P's and Chevy's (Minneapolis area can't remember if they are in OH or not) are some of the best places for Tex-Mex. Well besides Moe's Southwest which we have a few here in MA.

7. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    OK tonight one of my boss told me I counld get the night off if I asked so I have and I will be seeing everyone there around 7:00. I like the idea od drinks and talking about the force LOL.

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Looks like it should be the biggest crowd we've had in a while :)

9. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Just to be clear, its Tues. FEB 13, 7pm at Loma Linda's. ;)

10. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Bummer, I have a 9:10 flight that night out of Detroit for a meeting in NY. I will probably be leaving Toledo at exactly pm. Hope the meeting goes well. On book nine of a grueling yet enjoyable slog through the New Jedi Order series. In search of cool artwork of the Yhuzaan Vong.

11. JediMasterJacobs

JediMasterJacobs Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2007
    What exactly goes on at the meeting?
    Is anyone welcome?

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    First we intone the sacred cantation followed by the pledge of luclegiance, and then we all hum the Star Wars theme...

:p

Actually, its just a get-together of fellow SW fans. Invariably we discuss things SW related but are by no means limited to that, and if you're in the area you are welcome to come on out. :)

13. JediMasterJacobs

JediMasterJacobs Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2007
    I was actually looking forward to seeing the whole restaurant bust out into the Empire's Theme.
    J/K

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

14. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Heads everybody there might 6-8 inhes of snow on tuesday so lets all drive safe.

15. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I was gonna ask if yall will be getting snow on Tuesday. I asked my mom about it last night and she didn't even know that there was snow coming. lol We are supposed to get that storm on Wednesday here in MA.

16. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah toledo is under a strom watch for tomrrow night. Now there saying it might 8-12 inches by tomrrow night.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If the snow does come as bad as they say, I will probably have to skip the meeting, sorry to say.

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm definitely in the same boat. If we get a bunch of snow, I doubt that I'll risk the drive.

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Same here, and its supposed to be a good bit of snow. Should we just postpone to a March meeting? Kim and I aren't available next week, and after that it gets toward the end of the month anyway (not that we have to be there but its always nice to see y'all ;) ).

20. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah if the weather is bad we might want to pick a time in March. Its no fun to drive very far when the roads are't that good. But hopefully the roads will be ok.

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    At this point (and if the weather report is to be believed) it looks like we'll have to postpone the meeting. It likely won't be good driving even if you live in Toledo. Are y'all in agreement?

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm in agreement.

23. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Yeah. I'm working from home today because I wasn't even excited about making the 10-minute drive.

We can certainly postpone to March since February is half over already. Should we go for the first Tuesday, March 6?

Looking ahead, what does that do to our meeting schedule? March-May-July? The reason I ask is because I know that a couple of us are heading to LA in May for C4 and our schedules may be a bit cramped come May. I would actually like to make sure that we meet in June so that those of us who went can share their experience while they're still fresh. :)

Thoughts?

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, with the blizzard warning in our area, we definitely aren't going anywhere today. I'll let Kim suggest/agree to dates for us since she knows her call schedule.

As for future meetings, why not a March-April-June thing? Meetings have been kind of haphazard lately so why not two months in a row? We could do it like an early March/later April kind of thing...

25. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    That works for me everybody lets all tay warm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.