Spring, MO February Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Can all ages get into the Pink Galleon (sp)?
  2. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what I was going to ask. I wonder if they start carding after a certain time.
  3. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe it is all ages until 9pm. Who do we have underage coming? I didn't think about who all is underage that might attend.
  4. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    hmm, didn't think of that, but it is a pool hall vs. a bar. I was going with it, since no one else had made any suggestions. It seems high at $10 per game at the Mills.

So maybe we need to look at a different track...does anyone have a suggestion? Maybe we should just meet for dinner somewhere...
  5. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I just called, you have to be 21. Why don't we just do dinner and go from there. Either way hothie and I will be there :D Where would be good to eat?
  6. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    We can do that. Start with dinner. Any suggestions where? Either East toward Amy, West toward Tony, south toward Tom...or central toward me. LOL

We need a place that serves a variety of food... :D
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    We've not been East in forever, let's go that way. Could always do Show Me's or a place like Friday's.
  8. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Can we do something other than Show-Me's? We had terrible service there last time... Amy do you have a place near you? (That is the East I was thinking, closer to your area, not downtown, since we were down there in December.) :D
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    (I meant the Show Me's in Fairview, not the Landing :p)
  10. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    There is one there? Is it better... LOL
  11. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, the one there is the best. (Of course, when I use to go there all the time I knew most of the waitress.... Wonder if any of them still work there?)
  12. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll go wherever you guys decide.
  13. Darian_Ordo Jedi Knight

Just to let you guys know that Feb. 3 is UFC (Ultimae Fighting Championships) 67. Show Me's in Columbis carries the fight so I'm sure the ones in St. Louis do as well. If you are thinking about going there to eat it probablly won't be possible. Now, Susan and I love the UFC and think it would be fun to get together with you all in St. Louis and watch the fights there.

Susan just said "UFC Rules"[face_skull]

For those who don't know much about the UFC, it is mixed martial arts fighting, not scripted wrestling like WWE and such. They are real fighters throwing real punches. It is high action and alot of fun to watch, especially in an atmosphere like Show Me's or Hooters where everyone there is watching the fights. We have been to both Show Me's and Hooters in Columbia for the fights and it is a great way to enjoy some great action for a good price. You can drink and eat as muich or as little as you want and the show is free to view which is a $40.00 value if you were to order it of ppv.

14. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Doug (hothie) and I have gone to see amature UFC live in Des Moines and sat in on a PPV once it's good fun. I think $40 is a little steep for most of us at the moment though, unless we'd all go to someones house and chip in. So Show Me's may be out. Amy got any suggestions of places near you?
  15. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think you misunderstood him Dajuan. It's free to be there, it would cost $40.00 to ppv at home.

I like UFC. A friend of ours used to PPV it and then everyone would chip in and we would BBQ or snack.

Brandon if you and Susan will come up I will go anywhere you want! I am sure I am not the only one too. :D
  16. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'm with Leash! You guys make the drive, I will go anywhere, and can offer you a place to stay as well if you need! While I am not really into that, I love the chance to just sit around with everyone. :D
  17. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I see, sorry. That works for us as well.
  18. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    You don't have anything to be sorry about. This is getting hard to straighten out. LOL
  19. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Fairview has Show Me's, Friday's, a couple of pool halls I could call... Are there any good movies out right now?
  20. hothie Jedi Master

star 2
    I thought Hollywood had boycotted putting out good movies. I think Cars was the last good one I saw in the theater...
    And I'm in, wherever you guys want to meet up. :D
  21. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, so place: Show-Me's in Fairview. Time? Say 6ish?
  22. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Darian_Ordo Jedi Knight

It is still up in the air if we are going to be able to make it. I am in training thsi week so I think I will have Friday and Saturday off. If that is so we may be able to make it but I will probablly have to be back to work at 10:00 on Sunday. I should know by mid week if we can make it or not. Hate to be the one that is holding things up but we would rally like to hook up with you guys if we can.
  24. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Cool! Let us know, and you can see where we will be. And if you need, you have my cell number. Hope to see you soon. :D
  25. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Brandon, we hope you guys can make it, but work of course is more important. Got to have money to play. LOL!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.