main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp February meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey everyone, talking to Brandon and TK it seems that there has been a mistake for the date of the February meeting date. The third Sunday in February is the 15th, not the 22nd. So the meeting for February will be held on the 15th, 12 noon and Brandon has offered to host.

Hope to see everyone there!! :D

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Grrrr.... My thought would be that since we've had it on the calendar for 3 months already, lets leave it for the 22nd. And I'm not just saying that because I already made plans for the 15th....

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Should we throw it up for a vote then? I'm easy either way...

4. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    We all know that you're easy, Baron, but some of us are notO:) . Would this be a family friendly meeting at B's? This could greatly influence my ability to go. Or perhaps someone knows a shortcut from Manchester/ Nashua to Portsmouth that could ease the way as well. I miss you guys and hope to be back in the swing of things soon!!:*

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, seems that we are going to stay with the 22nd, the original date. Seems only fair since it's been posted as that date since before Xmas. I *think* TK is going to offer to host; he is going to try to post in the next couple of days.

As for family friendly, I have a feeling that there might be a fair amount of business to attend to, depending on the number of people who can attend.

And I may be easy, but I sure as heck ain't cheap!! [face_devil]

6. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Now, now, just because others may be more of a bargain does not necessarily mean that they are "cheap". Look at it as a way of stimulating the economy in a very special way...

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I'm happy it will stay the 22nd. The business stuff should be pretty quick since there weren't any big to-do's since the last meeting. It might just be a matter of a few minutes to catch anyone up who wasn't there, then making a decision to proceed with non-profit or not, etc. I could be, and am very likely, wrong, but that's my 2 sense.

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I think that the past few meetings we've focused too much on business stuff and not on the reason why we joined the club to begin with: to have fun. This upcoming meet I plan to play some pocketmodels, talk Star Wars and just have some good ol' fun! :D

9. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I agree that we should have some fun and not talk too much business. I hope we can get old business out of the way quickly. Do we know if he meeting will be at TK's yet? If so what time?
    I will bring the Clone Wars Monopoly set if anyone is interested ( and I can get my son's permission!). [face_thinking]

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Does anyone know what's up with the new website? I PM'd Cephas and haven't heard back. We payed for the new site back in October...

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    You know, this is kind of weird and, I'll grant you very random, but all day today I have been craving to go to a Star Wars convention like Celebration. Well, to be more specific *the* Star Wars Celebration. For some reason I was thinking about the great time we all had at C4 and wanted to experience that again today. Can't put my finger on why... was it the Official Pix volunteering? Maybe just hanging out with friends and enjoying Star Wars, or perhaps it was just being immersed in so much Star Wars that it was almost overwhelming. I dunno, and yes it seems weird, but welcome to my world. :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again and having a great time at the meeting!!

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I concur. It's been way too long since we had a fun, stress free, group get together...

13. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Maybe a road trip to see Fanboys is in order....

14. theimmortaljedi

theimmortaljedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    what town and time on the 22nd? maybe I will get to go to this one. FYI the new jedi council podcast is up if anyone wants the link.

15. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Fanboys in Boston on 2/20!!! Group Road trip???

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    That would be nice... any idea what theater(s)?

17. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    none have been announced yet for Boston Fanboys showing. I have that day and will make the trek to whichever theater they put it on.

18. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I think that I'm up for a road trip that Friday. It depends on the time, though.

19. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    i'd love to go see it, but it would likely have to be the following weekend....

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys and gals, TK left me a message tonight saying that he is going to have to work this Sunday so he won't be able to host. Will anyone else be able to host, or should we cancel and just meet in March? Please post here! Thanks!

21. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Here are the times for the two "Boston" locations. Just in case any of you wanted to make the trek down to see FANBOYS

Boston

American Multi-Cinema, Inc. Liberty Tree Mall 20 Danvers
    10:15am 12:35 2:50 5:05 7:20 9:35 11:45

Landmark Theaters Kendall Square Cinema 9 Cambridge
    1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:00pm, 9:15pm

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks for the info Chewy!

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I don't think we should cancel, since we haven't had an official meeting since November. However, if there are only going to be 3 people active on here or at the meeting, maybe we need to reconsider.

As for Fanboys, I'd still love to go and now am free this weekend, particularly on Sunday or even Saturday night....

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Right now snow is being called for on Sunday... should we do a wait and see, and then decide?

25. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I'm up for a Saturday night flick. Perhaps we could carpool if there is interest enough and have that be our meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.