main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA February Movie/Meeting gathering

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Feb 5, 2010.

?

February Movie/Meeting gathering

Poll closed Feb 10, 2010.
  1. Saturday the 20th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sunday the 21st

75.0%
  3. Saturday the 27th

25.0%
  4. Sunday the 28th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Let's pick the date and then the venue. At least we'll have a few days to vote and decide.

2. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    What movie are you thinking of? GForce may still be having problems with his computer. Can he vote by proxy?

I'm thinking the 27th would be best for me, since I have a furlough day on the 26th.

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Movie is Wolfman. And please use the poll for the day you wish to vote for. I'll talk to GForce.

4. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    You Don't Have to Here's : G-Force, finally thx to Google Chrome I got this all sorted out, I'm Back!!!! But I'm in for the 20th if I don't have to work???

5. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    The 20th sounds fine. I have to say, though. After watching 'The Making of The Wolfman' on HBO this weekend, my expectations for this movie are not as high as they were.

Can we go to the Arclight and eat at Roscoes? Can we? Can we? Pulleeeze?

6. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Sunday would be better for me.
    Saturday I have a Archery tournament. I could possibly meet up later on Saturday after 5PM.

7. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry I spaced the date and forgot about when I said the 20th was good for me. But it can still work!

8. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    So, when and where is your archery tournament? Is it open to the public? Is it just archery or any extreme stuff like the Japanese revival of archery from a galloping horse?

9. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Sorry folks, once again I goofed up on my voting. I know, I always do this. Shame on me! But I completely forgot a previous obligation.

But the next Star Wars Day at Frank and Sons is February 20 and I've already made promises to participate. Yes, it's a daytime event, but very tiring. So the next Saturday would be much better for me.

10. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    It is medieval archery recurves, long bows and wooden arrows. I have been playing in the "SCA" off and on for twenty two years. I go from the future (Sci-Fi, Star Wars) to the past I guess the present isn't all that interesting, lol. It is open to the public for watching but you do need to be a member and your own equiptment to play. It is at Rancho Park across the street from the Fox studio's is our range. If you are interested in modern archery the classes and supplies are free through the city. But our group practices on off nights from theirs. Medieval archery is fairly inexpensive and fun to be around others that are like minded. They are also world wide and into all kinds of geekdom like Star Wars fans!

11. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I was part of the SCA for about 15 years. I only did a little medieval archer back east, but I did fight heavy weapons for a while out here. It was something I thoroughly enjoyed at the time, but for me it's time has gone. We'll talk more when we get together.

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ohhh, I've always wanted to do archery. Playing "The Legend of Zelda" for most of my natural life has made me want to learn to be an amateur archer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.